One Year On Finasteride - Need An Evaluation From You, Guys.

Sidewinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'd like to share my regimen and photos of my hairline and I'd really appreciate your tips and opinions (if you see any results).

I will cut things short - I don't want you to get bored.

Genetics:
- Mother's side: my grandfather had a full head of hair until his death, my mom is the only child.
- Father's side: my grandfather was NW2A (?) until his death (he was 55), my father and all his brothers are completly bald (all before 30), my older cousin's (31) hair look perfectly, my younger cousin (23) looks slightly worse than me (his hair is 3 mm short, maybe his hairloss stopped at this moment, but I don't know if he's using anything) - they are brothers.

Age: 26, started noticing hairloss on right temple at 22, used a lot of diffrent shampoos, sprays and supplements (e.g. Inneov Densilogy as I recall), read a lot of "New Research" threads - I was scared of taking finasteride (as 99% of us were) - hairloss slowly progressed. Then, last summer, I decided to go to dermatologist and got a finasteride perscription.

Dosage: 1 mg / every day. I take generic finasteride produced in Poland, sometimes I forget to take a pill.

Additionaly, I take or use:
Per os:
- Zinc supplement (25 mg Zinc gluconate with added vitamins) - 1x/day
- Taurine 1500 mg - 2x/day
- Hair supplement with Omega oils, antioxidants, copper and Saw palmetto - 1x/day
- Pumpkin seed oil combined with fish oil (500 mg + 500 mg) - 2x/day
- Grapeseed Extract 200 mg - 2x/day
- Gotu Kola 350 mg - 1x/day
- Waiting for an Astaxanthin shipment

Hair products:
- Still a lot of shampoos, sprays and oils dedicated for hair loss

Side effects: Looking at the list above, you may think I'm dumb and just loose money (and maybe I am), but I decided to take all those pills to naturally counteract sides of finasteride - so far I didnt' have any (that's a tiny lie, but I will get to it later). No brain fog (because of one bad night crump I cut my coffee intake to 0 and I might feel even better), sex drive is good (I rarely have sex, but never had any complaints), no watery semen, maybe it's little harder to loose weight (or maybe I just eat too much and my favourite sport is couch).

In the summer, when I was on vacation, I only took Finasteride and Zinc and after a week and a half I started to have oddsensation of pressure on my urethra (it felt like I peed myself a little, it was a real pain in the ***). This feeling subsided when I went back on my regimen.

Shedding: I've never seen dramatic effects, I don't know if I even shed. I loose hair during shower and massaging my scalp with hair products, but it is always 20-30 hairs.

The rest of the BIG3: I've never used minoxidil, but due to my sensitive skin, I really think there would be a lot of irritation and dry scalp. As for Nizoral (ketoconazole shampoo), I've been using it for 2-3 years (2x a week, with a break every 3 months) and I don't think it worked at all (or please tell me if I'm wrong)

To the point: I would really appreciate if you guys could grade me on Norwood scale, judge the progress and tell me what can I add to my regimen - I think there is a little progress, but it could always be better.

Thanks a lot for reading and future opinions, I wish you all great results!

1.jpg 2.jpg

Sidewinder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, Armando Jose. Sadly, I didn’t take track of previous years, I took a photo right after I’ve taken my first pill in 2017.