One Year Later, Is It Safe To Assume I'm Not Balding?

foxloss

Reaction score
Sorry, I swear this is the last time I'll bother you guys. Was told to keep photos firs time I posted here over a year ago, did that and here they are.
Images on the left are from over a year ago. Images on the right are from last night.
3PhzOLA.jpg

My 'whirl' takes on a lot of different shapes as you can see. Sometimes it's more of a long line from the temple back and sometimes it's like an X. Other times it's just small. And sometimes it's a line across the back of my head. But it's never really changed.
I think just with these pictures I assume that I'm good for right now. But I'll still keep an eye on it. But what do you all think?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see a problem here at all, this appears to be just your natural swirl. Considering these are a year apart I don't think you have anything to worry about.

foxloss

Reaction score
I don't see a problem here at all, this appears to be just your natural swirl. Considering these are a year apart I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks! Always nice to hear. :)

I see no hair loss. How old are you?
And thank you too. Yeah, I was really anxious about a year ago but I've really mellowed out about it. Just thought I'd come post a year later, get some opinions as well as maybe if there's any other guys out there with my hair maybe it'll calm them down.

I'm 19. :)

foxloss

Reaction score
1YR UPDATE
Hey all, in my times on these forums I saw a lot of people drop in and drop out without ever giving an update.
Went to the derm about two weeks ago, and indeed I was balding. I did catch it very early because of my obsession/fear of balding haha and my insistence on taking monthly pics for around two-three years now haha.

My hair had definitely thinned out a bit in what I would say was a diffuse thinning pattern. If anyone is interested I could probably post some pics but I mean you all know what that looks like.

I had done my research and even with all the negative stories, I opted to try finasteride over everything else. Almost two weeks in, no side effects (1 MG daily). Slight testicular ache first two days. Sex drive is the same, it all 'works'. So far so good! I've had a confident attitude going into this and I think that's one reason I've had success and no psychosomatic symptoms.

ljb118

Reaction score
1YR UPDATE
Hey all, in my times on these forums I saw a lot of people drop in and drop out without ever giving an update.
Went to the derm about two weeks ago, and indeed I was balding. I did catch it very early because of my obsession/fear of balding haha and my insistence on taking monthly pics for around two-three years now haha.

My hair had definitely thinned out a bit in what I would say was a diffuse thinning pattern. If anyone is interested I could probably post some pics but I mean you all know what that looks like.

I had done my research and even with all the negative stories, I opted to try finasteride over everything else. Almost two weeks in, no side effects (1 MG daily). Slight testicular ache first two days. Sex drive is the same, it all 'works'. So far so good! I've had a confident attitude going into this and I think that's one reason I've had success and no psychosomatic symptoms.

I hopped on finasteride soon after I turned 19, it's held up my hair pretty well (23 now). I think we're thinning in a similar manner. I'm losing a little bit of ground on top now, yet no recession of the hairline. The good news is that its still very early days and I am gonna jump on oral minoxidil now. finasteride has been good to me. One of the most important factors for me with hairloss is doing the most I can to not let it interfere with my lifestyle, because I feel the more one is reminded of it, the more stressful and damaging it gets. Best of luck!

foxloss

Reaction score
Thank you!! Best of luck to you too! I hope Oral minoxidil goes well for you, sorry you’re losing a bit of ground on top, but I bet you can reclaim it!

Its such a nice feeling to know I’m doing something and taking a stance, I’m sure you know what I mean! It’s made me feel confident and secure.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
My hair kinda happened at the same slow pace. I first noticed my hair thinning at around 16 and it looked like the pics you posted. My hairloss has been so slow it’s made me wonder if I even was thinning or if I was just born with diffuse hairloss. I decided to hop on propecia anyways ( coming up on 2 years) . Although I haven’t had regrowth with it , my hair seems to be maintaining pretty good which is all I can ask for. Now let’s just hope propecia can work for 10+ years...