One thing I learned from hair loss is...

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Never bother trying to talk to family (except for those who know hair loss) about it. Like I said before, it runs in both sides of my family. I try to talk to my mom and all she says "You can't do anything about it, Rogaine won't stop it, etc..." Real supportive... :-x

The rest of my family just sucked it up, I can't.

I can't afford Rogaine or Propecia because I don't have much money. When hair multiplication comes out, I'll probably be a Norwood 6. I am a Norwood 2 with thinning on top. I should post pictures on here sometime soon.

I did ditch Rogaine because I feel it wouldn't work. (Basically, I had the 'accept baldness' quote into my head from my family since I started losing it).

I'm trying to not let it bug me, but I haven't been bugged by hair loss in the past 5 years, I don't know why it's bugging me again.

Comments? Answers?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about Rogaine for now, just get on Propecia.

Buy genetic Propecia or Proscar, and buy it in bulk - a once off payment may last you a year or so, especiall if you split it down to .5mg dosages a day.

A lot of parents will try and sooth you by saying don't worry, or don't waste your time. They are just trying to let you know that to them its not important.

If it is bothering you, then just invest a bit of money into something that may help, rather than Rogaine which I believe is pretty pointless without Propecia.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to see a dermatologist soon about taking Propecia. It's just I'm seeing the horseshoe from my thinning, frooze! I'm only 22 years old! What did I do to deserve it? Guess I'll have to go with the Bruce Willis look if I can. Why can't Hair Multiplication come out soon?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Basically, I had the 'accept baldness' quote into my head from my family since I started losing it).

You can accept baldness and fight it at the same time. Those two "treatmets" have synergistic effects.

Btw, treating your hairloss, even if you do not get the results that you wished for, kicks your butt out of passive mode which to me is of great benefit.

I'm trying to not let it bug me, but I haven't been bugged by hair loss in the past 5 years, I don't know why it's bugging me again.

hair loss makes you thin in multiple ways. It will "emerge" when things are blue, when you are exhausted, rejected, hurt. This b**ch needs a solid regimen and a mind of iron to shut the f*** up.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to stick with this regimen to keep my hair until hair multiplication comes out in 5 years (hopefully it will come out in 2010)

jeffsss

Reaction score
DaSand said:
Well, I'm going to stick with this regimen to keep my hair until hair multiplication comes out in 5 years (hopefully it will come out in 2010)

save your clams..

it's going to be unaffordable to most at first if i had to guess.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
man tell me about it thhis sh*t has been wrecking my life since age 15

Britannia

Reaction score
DaSand in my opinion seeing a derm is a waste of time. If your a bit short of cash why not try some generic finasteride from In House Pharmacy? If you buy Fincar and split it into 5ths, you can get the same treatment effect as you would using Propecia and it only costs $7 a month! Loads of people on this forum are doing that.
Oh and get Kirkland Minoxidil, it is VERY cheap.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
You know, I noticed that HairLossTalk.com's store has generic Finasteride for $ 50 a month, I could just buy 2 month's worth and cut each pill into fourths so I have enough to take for at least 4 months.

Anyone know of any good sites to get Kirkland Minoxidil? I think the next step is getting Finasteride. I just need to talk to my doctor about it.