One small step to recovery, one giant leap for me: 8 months on Big3, battle continues

GodisnotBald

Reaction score
Guys,

Let be brief:

8 months:

Temples: on the pic, it totally sucks we cannot see ANY changes. However, in reality, you can see lot of little hairs starting to grow (appeared 1,5 months ago) and the general aspect of these temples is "healthier" than 8 months ago.
Hairline: 8 months ago, I didn't take a pic of this hairline ; too depressive to see the desaster because my hair looked "thin", like ****; to illustrate that, they looked like pubian hair. ****ing pubian hair. Now I'm happy with it.

To be honest with you, if these little hairs growing on my right and left temples still do during 4-6 additional months, my target will be reached. Some new hair started to grow 4 months ago, and recently a new generation of new hair has appeared as you can see on the pic --> there is still hope

The real changes: I now take less time to do my haircut in the morning + I haven't to hide like a coward when there is too much wind outside + (and it is a life changer) when my hair are totally wet (shower, swimming pool,...) the general aspect is nice. First time in YEARS friends told me "nice haircut buddy"

Of course, I still have to work on this; I think step 1 has been reached: have "nicer", thicker hair. However, I have to live healthier and stay on the regiment to success step 2 ; fulling these temples with hair; the way it is evolving, results on the temples will be ok in 4-6 months.

What is now really amazing for me, is to be exciting every time I dry my hair after a shower, because my haircut is nicer and nicer weeks after weeks, months after months. There are always bad and great times, moments you realize "wtf I'm not NW0,5 yet" but you see there is slow but effective progression. Patience is key

8 months update.jpg

Last update:

9 months:

Guys, sériously, I was drying my hair today and had suddenly a wierd feeling, something I'avent felt in years : I felt in peace with myself looking to good looking hair, I mean NORMAL hair ; definitely, step 1 is in good progress

Besides, I also have the feeling that days after days, I'm making steps in phase 2: filling temples with hair; I haven't seen so much hair in this area in YEARS : I've just take a picture of this ****

8,5 months results.jpg

Serisouly, I've chanded my haircut and look more like a businessman today because I no longer need to have thaht long hair to fill "holes" (areas with very few hair) on my head, 9 months ago I looked more like an aloholic, a drug addict having health issues

Let the bald become hairy

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
We are like the same person... Im on month 6 since i restarted minoxidil. Two months ago i added retin a. I also got those small hairs, and increase thickness everywhere besides temples which i would attribute to finasteride. Im thinking about quitting minoxidil. Those small hairs add nothing cosmetically so not worth the trouble of applying minoxidil 2x per day. Besides even though i dont get itchiness my temples are always red and i dont think thats good.

Ill be making my own thread tomorrow, best of luck

Masakage

Reaction score
We are like the same person... Im on month 6 since i restarted minoxidil. Two months ago i added retin a. I also got those small hairs, and increase thickness everywhere besides temples which i would attribute to finasteride. Im thinking about quitting minoxidil. Those small hairs add nothing cosmetically so not worth the trouble of applying minoxidil 2x per day. Besides even though i dont get itchiness my temples are always red and i dont think thats good.

Ill be making my own thread tomorrow, best of luck

I don't recommend that you quit minoxidil. You'll lose twice as much hair. I learned this the hard way, therefore I restarted minoxidil again and recovered a good bit.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Bad: DO NOT QUIT MINOXIDIL. If you don't have side-effects or financial problems, stick to your regimen and be patient.

And GodIsNotBald: good for you mate. Looking like very good progress. Stick with it!

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive not gained anything from it. Is constant red skin a side effect?

I was going to make my own thread but the forum was down yesterday wasnt it?

Masakage

Reaction score
Ive not gained anything from it. Is constant red skin a side effect?

I was going to make my own thread but the forum was down yesterday wasnt it?

Well, I had a reddish scalp because I suffered from irritation from it, did you have any irritation from it? Maybe some itchiness?

GodisnotBald

Reaction score
Guys, sériously, I was drying my hair today and had suddenly a wierd feeling, something I'avent felt in years : I felt in peace with myself looking to good looking hair, I mean NORMAL hair ; definitely, step 1 is in good progress

Besides, I also have the feeling that days after days, I'm making steps in phase 2: filling temples with hair; I haven't seen so much hair in this area in YEARS : I've just take a picture of this ****

Serisouly, I've chanded my haircut and look more like a businessman today because I no longer need to have thaht long hair to fill "holes" (areas with very few hair) on my head, 9 months ago I looked more like an aloholic, a drug addict having health issues

Let the bald become hairy