One size fits all ???

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep reading over and over people having problems early on and of course being scared! Im in the same boat. Alot of you know of my pelvic pain issues as ive been desperate to find the answer. Im now currently taking between .25 and .33 mg of Propecia daily and at night instead of morning my pain has reduced over 70% and seems to be slowly improving everyday. Also my hair seems to be improving nicely again. For 2 weeks i really had my dose all over the place, skipping 2 and 3 days a couple times and my hair Didn't seem to enjoy that lol so my point... I dont think 1 mg is right for everyone. If you have minor or manageable sides and want to try and continue on try reduced doses. Try and be consistent as you can and from what im seeing you can have major improvement under the "recomended" dose. Just thought id share that, maybe it can help someone -Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

I know a couple guys on here will agree with this. Gi joey is one who is doing the same. His name is easy to remember lol so i used him as another example

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im surprised not more people have commented on reduced doses... Idk, i thought it was a good topic

Ramchops

Reaction score
I just decided to retry finasteride after taking it for about half a week a couple months ago. After about the first day I was hit with serious brain fog and stopped maybe prematurely because I couldn't handle it. Tried taking a 1/4 tablet of Propecia every other day for the past week or so and the brain fog returned pretty much within a day once again of taking the first quarter. Not sure what to do at this point as most people tend to report initial sexual sides and not mental ones. I guess as far as experimenting with doses or reducing them it hasn't seemed to help me at all.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sucks man, i too have non sexual side effects... Mine is pelvic pain lol. This drug seems to affect alot people differently. Its a lil crazy. Im sticking to .25 bc i dont even want to take more. My side effect seems to be slowly improving daily so i dont want to push it either

technoport

Reaction score
I am on 0.25mg ED for the past 1 week. Was on 1mg before that until i realized that i lost the sensitivity in my glans and low/no libido. Stopped it for a week and a half and I was on track towards recovery on the libido but hair loss started accelerating. So now i'm on 0.25mg. I cut a 1mg pill using a pill cutter. It is not accurate as i can see all 4 pieces are of different sizes and IF dosage is proportional to the size then it will be between .20 - .30 mg. I take the smallest size after the day of using the biggest one (just a personal preference/satisfaction).

So far the loss has reduced even with .25mg (but not as good as the 1mg). Did not experience testicular ache when i was on 1mg. But now I can actually feel a little bit blue balls kind of feeling (as some would say pain). Most of my glans is still sensitive but there are a few blind spots (de-sensitized area). Got to keep track the blind spot to make sure it is not increasing. If those blind spots are from my 1mg dosage and if i recover, then i will definitely increase the dosage to .5mg.

I started my 1st dose (1mg) on Jan 9th, 2016. Then stopped it on Feb 7. Then started again on Feb 15 (break for the valentines day :p and it worked out fine - except for the hair). I know people say stay with the dose for 2-3 months before the body gets used to it, but don't want to make it worse. Starting with slow dosage and moving up is something i am experimenting on right now. Hope fully in the next 2-3 weeks if I'm back to normal I will increase my dosage.

I am a small bodies person and I think 1mg is too much for me just like OP said. Also 1mg or 0.5 (or even 0.25) will have the same effect. So why overdose it? Its true that DHT does not play a big role after complete sexual development. But what about 5AR? It is found in other parts of our body and may be useful for other things (like the glans sensitivity - may be). Finding a perfect balance on the dosage vs 5AR reduction may not be that straight forward by just looking into the DHT level in the blood.

2-3 more weeks and if i'm able to bust my balls :jackit: like i did over the (Thanks giving - Christmas :blush: 2015), then increase a little bit to get that little bit oomph for the hair growth too with increase to 0.5mg. If sides hit in, then reduce to 0.25 and flirt with 0.5 once or twice a week. - Thats my game plan.

OP how long have you been on finasteride? Hair growth is not that quick like a cold remedy. On an average it takes 1 month to grow 1/2" of hair. Also finasteride will first make the existing hair thick. Which means some hairs have to go trough the shed cycle (and some may not). That is another 3-4 months. Thats why asking how long have you been on finasteride.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:love:
I am on 0.25mg ED for the past 1 week. Was on 1mg before that until i realized that i lost the sensitivity in my glans and low/no libido. Stopped it for a week and a half and I was on track towards recovery on the libido but hair loss started accelerating. So now i'm on 0.25mg. I cut a 1mg pill using a pill cutter. It is not accurate as i can see all 4 pieces are of different sizes and IF dosage is proportional to the size then it will be between .20 - .30 mg. I take the smallest size after the day of using the biggest one (just a personal preference/satisfaction).

So far the loss has reduced even with .25mg (but not as good as the 1mg). Did not experience testicular ache when i was on 1mg. But now I can actually feel a little bit blue balls kind of feeling (as some would say pain). Most of my glans is still sensitive but there are a few blind spots (de-sensitized area). Got to keep track the blind spot to make sure it is not increasing. If those blind spots are from my 1mg dosage and if i recover, then i will definitely increase the dosage to .5mg.

I started my 1st dose (1mg) on Jan 9th, 2016. Then stopped it on Feb 7. Then started again on Feb 15 (break for the valentines day :p and it worked out fine - except for the hair). I know people say stay with the dose for 2-3 months before the body gets used to it, but don't want to make it worse. Starting with slow dosage and moving up is something i am experimenting on right now. Hope fully in the next 2-3 weeks if I'm back to normal I will increase my dosage.

I am a small bodies person and I think 1mg is too much for me just like OP said. Also 1mg or 0.5 (or even 0.25) will have the same effect. So why overdose it? Its true that DHT does not play a big role after complete sexual development. But what about 5AR? It is found in other parts of our body and may be useful for other things (like the glans sensitivity - may be). Finding a perfect balance on the dosage vs 5AR reduction may not be that straight forward by just looking into the DHT level in the blood.

2-3 more weeks and if i'm able to bust my balls :jackit: like i did over the (Thanks giving - Christmas :blush: 2015), then increase a little bit to get that little bit oomph for the hair growth too with increase to 0.5mg. If sides hit in, then reduce to 0.25 and flirt with 0.5 once or twice a week. - Thats my game plan.

OP how long have you been on finasteride? Hair growth is not that quick like a cold remedy. On an average it takes 1 month to grow 1/2" of hair. Also finasteride will first make the existing hair thick. Which means some hairs have to go trough the shed cycle (and some may not). That is another 3-4 months. Thats why asking how long have you been on finasteride.
dude your doing exactly, and i mean almost exactly what Im doing! I started dec 15ish 1mg until end of January started getting pelvic pain and lower back pain, bad. I took 4 days off back on .25 with much less pain. Im trying to find my "sweet spot" im kinda doing every other day right now but if i Can id like to get back to daily. .25 definitely definitely helps my hair no doubt! I might not need to even go back up. Im a smaller guy too... 5' 11 and 145- 150 i think 1 mg is way to much for me as well. Keep in touch man, lets figure this sh*t out !! Im 34 now and like a norwood 1 .5 im not losing my hair now!! I just cant part with it! Ive had it to long lol i just cant live any other way:wub:

- - - Updated - - -

Also i tried to "ride out" the side effects... Oh hell it got bad... I actually have an appointment with a urologist! I might need to cancel that lol actually i think im gonna go and let them check everything out. Also Wednesday im getting a full hormone panel done. Im on a low dose of methadone(for years) and its caused low testosterone, i have no effects from low t but i thinking adding Propecia of course lowers dht. So im wondering if maybe estrogen levels might be running amuck causing my pains or something hormonal anyway

technoport

Reaction score
Sonicblu650 - my blad bro :salut:

I'm 5'4 and weigh ~140lb, 32yrs old. Built like a tank (hits the gym 6 times week and ripped). My hairloss has been crazy over the last 3 years of my 7.5~8 lifting years. Also i'm a vegetarian and no I don't do steroids (just whey and creatine).

In norwood scale i cannot clearly give a number. My balding is on the vertex. A little smaller than the size of my palm. Not shiny bald but got lots of thin hair.

For you, try to get to .25 ED. When i stopped my 1mg the hairloss just freaked me out. All my tables are white and I was seeing hair everywhere. Now I don't see them any more. I'm actually thinking of doing a .5mg tomorrow and then .25 and then another .5mg sometime next week. Which means i'm pushing my dose up earlier than I planned. If I hold the hair where I am and make it look thick with this small dosage, i'm thinking of growing my hair longer. I mean grow long enough to cover the bald top.

I have now started taking horny goat weed every day. That thing worked crazy and i used to use it for special occasions (start 3 days early before the big day). But now I'm doing it every day. Also added arginine which helps a little. Erection stays hard except the glans a little dull (not anymore like swollen mushroom). I am never planning on using this drug for life. Just use it to maintain the hair at the lowest possible dose until i find the right girl. Once thats done, i'll be out of this curse. Try adding arginine and horny goat weed. I am not the same as I was 2 months ago. But keeping my head up and seeing what I can do. I will add a picture of my 1 and 2 month progress in a separate post next week.

Let me know how your Doctor appointment goes.

@OP: sorry for hijacking your post. Can't make a new post until i reach certain number of replies and this is a relevant conversation to what you actually started. -Thanks!

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sonicblu650 - my blad bro :salut:

I'm 5'4 and weigh ~140lb, 32yrs old. Built like a tank (hits the gym 6 times week and ripped). My hairloss has been crazy over the last 3 years of my 7.5~8 lifting years. Also i'm a vegetarian and no I don't do steroids (just whey and creatine).

In norwood scale i cannot clearly give a number. My balding is on the vertex. A little smaller than the size of my palm. Not shiny bald but got lots of thin hair.

For you, try to get to .25 ED. When i stopped my 1mg the hairloss just freaked me out. All my tables are white and I was seeing hair everywhere. Now I don't see them any more. I'm actually thinking of doing a .5mg tomorrow and then .25 and then another .5mg sometime next week. Which means i'm pushing my dose up earlier than I planned. If I hold the hair where I am and make it look thick with this small dosage, i'm thinking of growing my hair longer. I mean grow long enough to cover the bald top.

I have now started taking horny goat weed every day. That thing worked crazy and i used to use it for special occasions (start 3 days early before the big day). But now I'm doing it every day. Also added arginine which helps a little. Erection stays hard except the glans a little dull (not anymore like swollen mushroom). I am never planning on using this drug for life. Just use it to maintain the hair at the lowest possible dose until i find the right girl. Once thats done, i'll be out of this curse. Try adding arginine and horny goat weed. I am not the same as I was 2 months ago. But keeping my head up and seeing what I can do. I will add a picture of my 1 and 2 month progress in a separate post next week.

Let me know how your Doctor appointment goes.

@OP: sorry for hijacking your post. Can't make a new post until i reach certain number of replies and this is a relevant conversation to what you actually started. -Thanks!
hey, you can post whatever on my threads homie... You know im not 100 % vegetarian but pretty darn close(i just dont care for it much) And i eat healthy, and drink a super nutribullet daily. I have started taking .25 daily the last 2 days. Eod at that low i just dont think it will cut it. I will definitely let you know what the dr appointment turns up. There s allegedly a "non systemic" topical finasteride maybe coming out around spring... What a godsend that would be! Polichem or polichim idk if Thats the company or what its been talked about on here

- - - Updated - - -

I hate that i have a sort of have a weird side effect... Its hard to figure out what to do . Because theres nothing to go on :(