One of those guys

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you remember yourself when you didn't have any problems with hair on your head? I do. And I remember that I didn't even noticed the so called balding guys, the only time I thought "Oh, this guy is bald!" is when there was a guy with a NW5<horseshoe or when he was sly bald. But still I had some sort of rejection towards them. I was thinking I will never be like that. It was very hard for me to accept that I am becoming one of them now. Good hair was the biggets part of my physical being and I seriously died a little inside. My life wasn't very bright to begin with but I always could've said to myself "Well, atleast I have amazing hair". Unlike a lot of posters here I really don't care what others might think or say about my hair loss, or how girls would react. What means to me is that I can't deal with it myself. Having long, soft, natural beautiful hair was so amazing, I could never feel really depressed back than. I have no idea what to do now because I will NEVER be happy balding. The physical health is the most importnat thing, cause no matter how much money or succes you have - It's all an illusion. If you`re not healthy - you will never be happy. And without my hair I feel like a crippled person.

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
Islander said:
Unlike a lot of posters here I really don't care what others might think or say about my hair loss, or how girls would react.

Yeah, I don't really care about this either.

Islander said:
I have no idea what to do now because I will NEVER be happy balding.

The same is true for me. I am a political science major so I am interested in things like critical race theory (which I find laughable) but I would compare the way I think about hair to the way critical race theorists think about race--often and with regards to ever possible scenario. My whole life is one big thought of hairlines. Everything is in that context and it literally affects every aspect of my life including how much I enjoy anything--including stuff absolutely unrelated to hair loss such as music.

Islander said:
And without my hair I feel like a crippled person.

It ruins my life--it is my Achilles Heel. It's like nature's way of impairing me. Without hair loss I have no impairments worth mentioning. I mean, I have arthritis, but so what? I don't really give a flying f**k. I am otherwise extraordinarily lucky and, right now, in a very good position. I'm very excited about life and know I can do somewhat well even with hair loss. I don't know if that's true though.

So you are not alone in your suffering. There are other guys that care similar to the way you do, although I think we're in the minority among balding men. Most balding guys on these forums seem to ask me why I care about my hair if not for the way the ladies think about me. The answer is that I just want to look good, be able to keep my hair longer than a buzz cut and style it the way I want to. I can't even do a simple side part properly because of how f***ed up my hairline is.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
My whole life is one big thought of hairlines. Everything is in that context and it literally affects every aspect of my life including how much I enjoy anything--including stuff absolutely unrelated to hair loss such as music.

Get out of my head! I wake up thinking about thinning hair. I go to bed thinking about thinning hair.

Lloyd Braun said:
So you are not alone in your suffering. There are other guys that care similar to the way you do, although I think we're in the minority among balding men. Most balding guys on these forums seem to ask me why I care about my hair if not for the way the ladies think about me. The answer is that I just want to look good, be able to keep my hair longer than a buzz cut and style it the way I want to. I can't even do a simple side part properly because of how f***ed up my hairline is.

Well I don't have any problems with hairline but I am beginning to duffuse in a horseshoe pattern. You can read my story if you want, it's not too far behind yet. I don't know why but I was afraid to register here. Like it will get worse if I do, but I digress. I maybe don't have any hairloss to the untrained eye but to the hair loss freaks who stare at every hair they see (hair loss freaks like me and 99% of guys who have hair loss) they can see what's wrong. I have really high standarts and the hair like not of Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise is just looks bad to me now.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't care what people think either, I just want my hair to stay. It doesn't need to be perfect, I'd be happy to maintain with / regrow a NW2 (am a NW3 now though, with some diffuse especially in the middle part of the hairline) or a NW2.5 or anything at least acceptable to keep my hair long, and not having to go to the combover route.

Hair is important for me as an indiviual. The day I'll have to cut mines is gonna be horrible, so I'll do everything to prevent that. Shedding hair also sucks major balls, and even though I'm on dutasteride and minoxidil, my shedded hair doesn't seem to be returning... :(