One area bald guys get unanimously praised...

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Max-Payne-3-1.jpg

...is in video games.

Has anyone noticed that? The bald guy is always the badass or the toughest character:
scaled.php

And let's not forget that the greatest badass of all time is SLY bald:
1248261-0kratos4_super.jpg

If this praise translated to the real world I'd shave my head completely right now. Maybe I just need to slay a few greek Gods and yell at everyone?

slipy

Reaction score
just so you know.

many of Max Payne fans complained about rockstar games making max look like a fat bald looser in the newest game. maybe thats why the game was remade so that he is mostly seen with hair. the biggest portion of the game he's running around with hair unlike how it was originally intended.

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? Everywhere I looked almost everyone absolutely loved it, a lot of comparisons to Breaking Bad.

slipy

Reaction score
the game itself?

or the new look of max?

there were a lot of complaints about his appearence before the game was released along the lines of ''that's not max payne, that's some drunk bald looser in a wifebeater''

:/

goes to show how much were loved by society.

B

Beingbaldsucks

It's not really bald it's shaved, yhea shaved is totally different then bald, shaved is badass, bald is deformed

Lead Farmer

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy - They loved Max Payne's new look. I think you'll find a very small minority dislike it.

Beingbaldsucks - Kratos is definitely 100% bald, there isn't the slightest indication of a single hair on his head. Same with agent 47.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Yheaa creepy serial killers and bullies, really serve us right, Hollywood portraying bald guys as tough guys for a long time, what's different here? What about a bald guy in a romantic film, charming with feelings, god even a star like statham was forced to wear a wig in his only romantic film, those bald figures are just more stereotyping of bald guys as scums and bullies

B

Beingbaldsucks

Ho yeah and max Payne is SHAVED,when people will get the f*****g diffrence, Shaved = same hairline only short, bald = no hairline , shaved = thousands of tiny hairs, bald = no hairs, shaved = badass, good looking, bald= unatural, deformed, giant baby looking, ugly.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
Ho yeah and max Payne is SHAVED,when people will get the f****ing diffrence, Shaved = same hairline only short, bald = no hairline , shaved = thousands of tiny hairs, bald = no hairs, shaved = badass, good looking, bald= unatural, deformed, giant baby looking, ugly.
this

slipy

Reaction score
you can shave it so close that the guy looks almost like a properly bald guy.

but only almost.

if you use a razor instead of clipper.

slipy

Reaction score
what kind of evidence is that? :dunno:

bald guys are usually portayed by the media as either loosers or the bad guys/killers with no remorse (as in these examples), further confirming the view that were scumbags in society's eyes. that's what you want to call praise?

nothing new here.

T

TravisB

Bald guys are portrayed as badasses or losers. And nothing more :mrgreen:

B

Beingbaldsucks

TravisB said:
Bald guys are portrayed as badasses or losers. And nothing more :mrgreen:
Can we blame the media for portraying us as losers when we really are losers?

AnberlinFan84

Established Member
Reaction score
You deserve what you settle for, if you're ok with being a "loser" then so be it. That's not the case with everyone though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ I agree with the above poster. I think the problem with certain people is that they internalize and believe all the negative stereotypes about bald guys.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald/really close shave plus beard is the best look for badasses I reckon. Whoever complained about Max's hair needs shooting, action heroes aren't meant to be pretty boys. They recreated him as some gritty/ damaged tough guy which is tons better. Max Payne, Walter White, John McClain etc.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
They would rather represent some emo white manga haired Dante from DMC. PHaggs.