once thinning/receding hair begins, does it ever stop...

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think its pretty safe to say once the process starts its more often then not going to continue at some pace forever. As you get older hair loss will only get worse much like your vision, and everything else it all ends with time.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it differs from person to person, its really unpreditable.

My dad's hair receeded to NW2.5 in his early 30's and it stayed that way ever since, overall he still have thick hair but at the age of 59, his crown started to thin out a bit.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair loss has sped up over the last year or so. I have diffuse thinning down the middle, recession on the forehead and temples, with thick sides and a bald spot forming in the back of my head. Just 3 short years ago I had a beautiful full head of hair I didn't know what to do with at 25 years old. Now all I am left with is thinning hair and a cynical mental attitude towards everything. I find I now hate men with full heads of hair and younger guys in their early 20's with full heads of hair and the "I own the world" swagger nailing all these hot broads. Anyone else sweat from their head as much as I do? I think there might be a correlation. :jackit:

antonio666

Reaction score
slowburn said:
My hair loss has sped up over the last year or so. I have diffuse thinning down the middle, recession on the forehead and temples, with thick sides and a bald spot forming in the back of my head. Just 3 short years ago I had a beautiful full head of hair I didn't know what to do with at 25 years old. Now all I am left with is thinning hair and a cynical mental attitude towards everything. I find I now hate men with full heads of hair and younger guys in their early 20's with full heads of hair and the "I own the world" swagger nailing all these hot broads. Anyone else sweat from their head as much as I do? I think there might be a correlation. :jackit:
that is hw i feel,my hair was like ronaldos 18 months a go now it is turning into rooneys

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do we ALL have to die evenutally? Or do some people just go on and keep their mouth shut about it? Do people who just go on living forever stay the same norwood that they were at 80 or do they still battle the big 3 at that age as well because they get upset by the way they're looking?

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I've def been looking around lately and it seems that most people eventually die off but every once in awhile you see a guy at where have you, and he's got that long white beard and thick spectacles with those twinkling, east-coast sky blue eyes and you just know he's gotta be atleast 3-400 yrs old. I've seen 3-400 yr olds walkin round with Norwood 0's but obviously just not as much density. Ussually the hair is quite white but that can easily be fixed with a good dye job or highlights. Also scalp exercises can take care of those wrinkles... or they could just go tanning to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. I'll bet persons of this age get all sorts of discounts and a whole lot aof respect from the younger generation. :)

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Do we ALL have to die evenutally? Or do some people just go on and keep their mouth shut about it? Do people who just go on living forever stay the same norwood that they were at 80 or do they still battle the big 3 at that age as well because they get upset by the way they're looking?

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I've def been looking around lately and it seems that most people eventually die off but every once in awhile you see a guy at where have you, and he's got that long white beard and thick spectacles with those twinkling, east-coast sky blue eyes and you just know he's gotta be atleast 3-400 yrs old. I've seen 3-400 yr olds walkin round with Norwood 0's but obviously just not as much density. Ussually the hair is quite white but that can easily be fixed with a good dye job or highlights. Also scalp exercises can take care of those wrinkles... or they could just go tanning to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. I'll bet persons of this age get all sorts of discounts and a whole lot aof respect from the younger generation. :)
I think you lost me. Is this sarcasm?
:lost: :dunno: :shakehead: :shock: :jackit: :badmood: :freaked: :freaked2: :gay:

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood#2 is a different situation than the higher Norwood levels. It is still very normal for a large percentage of guys to go Norwood#2 by their late 20s and then never lose anything else.

But if you're relatively young and you're seeing more than that, like Norwood#3 & up, and especially once crown loss begins to show . . . you're gonna keep losing hair. male pattern baldness never truly "stops," it just slows down as you age.

But there is still a lot of unpredictability in male pattern baldness at all stages of the game. The only sure thing is that once hair goes it's never coming back.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and the only other sure thing is that each hair is just another piece of you. Each piece is not individually alive or anything like that. They don't just pack up their little red pocca dot bags and stick and head off. They are little pieces of you and don't have individual little brains. That is also for sure.