On the right way! 6 months FINASTERIDE + 3 months MINOXIDIL (PICS)

CorvoCruel

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
First of all I'm brazilian, so english is not my native language, if i say somehing you don't understand please point it out and i'll change it :)

A bit of my story: I'm a 19 years old boy and male pattern baldness caught me when i was turning 17. Pretty early, but it runs in my blood. My mother's father was bald, my cousin (23) is balding pretty bad, my father and uncles (from both sides of the family) were completely bald by 30/40. F*ck genetics, right? haha. Somewhere around 1.5 year ago i couldn't stand those millions of hair follicules falling out. No kidding, i couldn't run my fingers through my hair without 10 follicules falling out. Shower? at least 100. My crown balding was easily noticeable. So, i buzzed cut it, and it was fine for a while, but somewhere in the middle of these years my male pattern baldness got WAY worse, it was noticeable even with the buzz cut. I started freaking out, did a LOT of reseach and finally started finasteride.

A few important points:
*I use generic brazilian finasteride
*It's impossible to find minoxidil to sell here, so i have to buy a brand name one, online.
*Nizoral? pfff, forget it. and no way i'd spend a fortune just to import shampoo, haha.
*Here's a 'balding scale' i did to show my pattern:
balding scale.jpg<--my head
scale: 0=thinning, 10= Almost no hair

I started finasteride in june of this year (06/13), here's two (bad) baseline pics:

JUNE:

04.06.13.jpg04.06.13(2).jpg
P.s: In the first months, i took pics with my phone...But i do it the right way now :)

I started with 1mg of generic finasteride daily. After a week, i was sure i was having collateral effects (low libido, watery semen). Maybe it was because i saw a LOT of internet posts about it and it stayed in my head....I dropped it to 0.75mg, then 0.5 and finnaly 0.25 (quarter of a pill). I ended the month tooking 0.25mg daily.

JULY:

Not being sure if i really was having the side effects, i tried again, but this time measuring the 'effects'. For the whole month i took 0.25mg to make sure my libido was normal. After that, i planned to increased the dose to 0.5mg and measure the results. This pretty much sums up the month, and i could't find the pics i took :(

August:

As i said, i increased the dose to 0.5mg daily. A
fter the end of the month (till today, actually) my sex drive hasn't changed, neither my semen consistensy. I keep tracking it, but i can say that 0.5 is a safe dose for me. I don't plan on increasing again, since i believe in the researches showing good effects of finasteride even with a low (0.02mg) dosage. In august 24th I started to apply minoxidil on the crown, twice a day, around 1ml daily.
06.08.13.jpg06.08.13(2).jpg06.08.13(3).jpg
Pics from day 8 of august.

P.s: As you can see in my balding scale, i'm also balding at the front of my head (part of the yellow spray). I also aply minxodil there, making the yellow part on the back the only part of my head that i don't aply minoxidil. Firsty, because one can just see the balding in this area when my hair is longer and i used to trim it. Secondly, it's a really mild balding area so i thing the finasteride alone can handle it. Here's a pic from the beginning of the year from my front head, where you can see the front thinning, where i aply minoxidil:
bald.jpg

CorvoCruel

Reaction score
SEPTEMBER:

I keep my routine: 0.5mg of finasteride daily and 1ml of minoxidil when i woke up + 1ml when i get home from college. For the first time, at the end of the month, i noticed some little shedding, just in the front area. After some weeks, it was normal again. Besides, some small improvment on the vertex, as you can see in the pics:

21.9.13.jpg21.9.13(1).jpg
Pics from september 21th

OCTOBER:

Same routine! On the beginning of the month (day 7) i noticed that the thinning in the front area was no more noticeable! This made me really happy, since for the fisrt time i saw some solid result. Here's a pic, compare it to the old one:
bald.jpg
Here's some pics from the middle of october:
24.10.13(1).jpg24.10.13(3).jpg
Some minor upgrades on the crown :)

NOVEMBER:

Ah, here's the good part! On this month i decided to let my hair grow, for the first time in more than a year. That's cause after 6 months of finasteride and almost 3 months of minoxidil, i was seeing some good results. At november 11th i started to apply minoxidil on the back (yellow part of the scale), since the longer hair made the balding in that area quite visible. The green area, however, is almost completely cover up, making it virtually impossible to see any balding. Here's some pics from today, november 28th:
28.11.13(2).jpg28.11.13(6).jpgbald.jpg

P.S: Some days ago i noticed some tinnitus in my ears, so i stopped the treatment for a few days, to see if there was some correlation. As the tinnitus continued, i concluded it's probably due to other causes, yet to be found :(

Anyway, if you compare the pics from day one and from the last day, you can see there's some solid improvment. I know the hair is longer now, masking some results but i can easily say that i could never have this head of hair without the treatment. Actually, that's the reason i started: I couldn't let my hair grow due to everyone noticing my thinning. Another evidence is that I no longer lose tons of hair, not even in the shower! Some follicules here or there, but it's a immeasurable progress comparing to the thousands i used to lose daily....

Potatohead

Reaction score
wow, man im new here at the forum but great job!!! Also i am brazilian... and balding... im definitly going to try what you have tried!
wts the name of the generic you bought here in brazil and how much in reais?

CorvoCruel

Reaction score
Hey Potatohead! I buy the EMS 1mg or Legrand 1mg. I pay something like 20 dollars for 30 pills. Since i cut then in 2, it last for 2 months.

--------

E ai, tranquilo? Cara, eu compro a EMS 1mg ou a Legrand 1mg. Como elas são feitas pelo mesmo labratório, tanto faz. Dependendo da farmácia, custa de 35 a 40 reais por 30 comprimidos. Eu corto na metade então dura 2 meses, e o minoxidil eu compro pelo mercadolivre. Lembre-se de seguir a rotina à risca, tirar fotos e ter paciência! Até o sexto mês eu não sabia se estava funcionando, mas de lá pra cá os resultados ficaram bem visíveis! Boa sorte!

chrb

Reaction score
Those are some excellent results. I've just started taking 0.5mg propecia daily after suffering sides on 1mg so this is very encouraging.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results :)
I'm having really good results as well (but my hair is a bit longer).. keep it up! ^_^

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sucks that male pattern baldness hit you so young, but you're responding very well! You've had some enormous improvement, your hair looks really good now, almost normal. Very successful results, congrats man! Btw Proscar 5mg lasts 4 times longer than propecia if you cut it up and costs the same, so it's a good way to save some money.

CorvoCruel

Reaction score
Thank you guys! This forum was/is my main motivation to begin this treatment, so I'll try my best to keep updating my results.

Those are some excellent results. I've just started taking 0.5mg propecia daily after suffering sides on 1mg so this is very encouraging.

That was exactly my situation. Don't panic, 0.5mg is still a good dosage to inhibit DHT:

Fincurve.jpg

It sucks that male pattern baldness hit you so young, but you're responding very well! You've had some enormous improvement, your hair looks really good now, almost normal. Very successful results, congrats man! Btw Proscar 5mg lasts 4 times longer than propecia if you cut it up and costs the same, so it's a good way to save some money.

Thank you GoldenMane! Unfortunately proscar is not a common brand here in Brazil, I'd have to import it and the low cost benefit would be gone. We do have the 5mg generic finasteride, but the pill is so small it's be impossible to cut it in more than 2 pieces, haha.

MrRandy

Reaction score
You are the lucky one! Not all, can share similar results in such a short period of time. On the 4th -5th month of treatment I only noticed the stop of hair loss.

vineet

Reaction score
this is my first day on this forum ,i did not even know that this type of treatment could ever exists , please guys please are these real pictures of hair regrow ? or its a same fooling around website just selling there stuff just by opening a forum ,people or companies are making billions just by fooling around . ARE YOU ALL ARE REAL , is this guy who has shown these result is for real , HOW CAN I TRUST ?PLEASE HELP ME AS I CAN SEE THIS SITE IS ALSO SELLING SOME PRODUCTS .

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
this is my first day on this forum ,i did not even know that this type of treatment could ever exists , please guys please are these real pictures of hair regrow ? or its a same fooling around website just selling there stuff just by opening a forum ,people or companies are making billions just by fooling around . ARE YOU ALL ARE REAL , is this guy who has shown these result is for real , HOW CAN I TRUST ?PLEASE HELP ME AS I CAN SEE THIS SITE IS ALSO SELLING SOME PRODUCTS .

These pharma companies make billions they don't need ppl posting fake pics on forums lol. Just about everybody hear is legit with legit stories

Hairwatcher

Reaction score
very impressive results. but is there evidence that finasteride is better at restoring hair growth on the crown than at the hairline?