On Rumours Charlize Theron "Ghosted" Sean Penn

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, the definition of ghosting:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghosting
The act of suddenly ceasing all communication with someone the subject is dating, but no longer wishes to date. This is done in hopes that the ghostee will just "get the hint" and leave the subject alone, as opposed to the subject simply telling them he/she is no longer interested. Ghosting is not specific to a certain gender and is closely related to the subject's maturity and communication skills. Many attempt to justify ghosting as a way to cease dating the ghostee without hurting their feelings, but it in fact proves the subject is thinking more of themselves, as ghosting often creates more confusion for the ghostee than if the subject kindly stated how he/she feels.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/29/fir...way_is_when_it_comes_staggering_back_to_life/

Actress Charlize Theron caught a lot of heat for her apparent icy break up with Sean Penn. Reports went viral that she ghosted Penn, seemingly opting to simply cease contact.

We should all know better than to believe a relationship could end so simply.

In a new feature in the Wall Street Journal, the often private Theron addressed the ghosting rumors and called BS on the exaggerated reports of the terms of the breakup.

“When you leave a relationship there has to be some f—ing crazy story or some crazy drama. And the f—ing ghosting thing, like literally I still don’t even know what it is.†She shrugs and shakes her head. “It’s just its own beast. We were in a relationship and then it didn’t work anymore. And we both decided to separate. That’s it,†she said.

While the internet has the tendency to hyperbolize news in order to gain traffic, the public found the news so readily believable because the act of ghosting has permeated our culture.

I was surprised to see this article written by a woman. I think of "ghosting" as something women do to men, but I guess it sometimes happens to women too.