On finasteride 8 years HOWEVER!

Den22

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been on finasteride for 8 years and with really incredible effect. I mean my loss stopped and actually recovered what I had lost. I have tried almost all other treaments and although some are good nothing works like finasteride for me.

HOWEVER!

After 5-6 years the loss gradually increased and I am now back to losing more than I would like. I have obviously become tolrent of finasteride and its effects are lessened. Either that or http://www.inhousepharmacy.com are selling me fake proscar!

COMMENTS ON A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE OR ANYONE WHO HAS AN OPINION FOR A SOLUTION WOULD BE WELCOME.

PS I will not use dutas as it makes me shed like mad as well as having bad side effects!

jeffsss

Reaction score
Den22 said:
Hi guys,

I have been on finasteride for 8 years and with really incredible effect. I mean my loss stopped and actually recovered what I had lost. I have tried almost all other treaments and although some are good nothing works like finasteride for me.

HOWEVER!

After 5-6 years the loss gradually increased and I am now back to losing more than I would like. I have obviously become tolrent of finasteride and its effects are lessened. Either that or http://www.inhousepharmacy.com are selling me fake proscar!

COMMENTS ON A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE OR ANYONE WHO HAS AN OPINION FOR A SOLUTION WOULD BE WELCOME.

PS I will not use dutas as it makes me shed like mad as well as having bad side effects!

I've read that finasteride loses it's effectiveness after 5 years time...

i've only heard good things about inhousepharmacy though, i doubt you have fake finasteride.

your body is probabaly becoming tolerant to the drug. try something else.. topical?

Den22

Reaction score
Thanks jefsss,

I am on Xandrox 5% from Dr Lees and 2% spironolactone but it is not stopping it anything like finasteride did. Do you know of any finasteride topical solutions?

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
the finasteride is still probably blocking as much DHT as before, but what doesn't get blocked starts to do more dammage. Do a search on finasteride and tolerance on this site and you will probably get some usefull information.

Could you provide some more info on your propecia-experience, for example where were/are you loosing hair? People that have been using it for so long don't seem to post here much.

I have no experience with topical spironolactone or fluridil, but one of those seems like a good addition to your regimen, in theory at least.

Den22

Reaction score
Hi Damnthis,

I will check that out thanks.

I was thinning slightly in the crown and temples though not noticable to the naked eye. No one knows the state of your hairloss and its progression except you as you can feel it in so many ways. Anyway almost immediately after starting finasteride the loss slowed to almost nothing and the loss recovered in all areas.

I read all this stuff about shedding and cannot really believe it as I only shed when I am on a hair loss spell like now otherwise it is very steady everyday loss.

i also believe that the drugs should work very quickly though they can obviously have a temporary period of adverse effects. There is no doubt that people will have side effects of varying degrees. I did but they soon passed.

Dutas gave me fast hair loss and also made me feel strange so I came off it very quickly.

What is for sure is that we are all individuals and drugs work in different ways for each and everyone of us. What is important is to gain knowledge and understanding so that you are prepared as the 'real' medical world have not grasped the importance of hair loss and the emotional damage it has on a great number of men. I know it is like a disbility until you find a cure!