On Dr Lee #504 minoxidil no PPG for 4 months and...

Roopp

Reaction score
started 4 months ago,

now my hair is MUCH less dense than before, and its already 4 months,im so at a cross road on whats need to be done,

stop / continue ?

amsch

Reaction score
Roopp said:
started 4 months ago,

now my hair is MUCH less dense than before, and its already 4 months,im so at a cross road on whats need to be done,

stop / continue ?
I always thougt that no ppg in minoxidil does not work (or nearly not). I tried an non-ppg-based minoxidil once (Remox) and it did nothing at all.

I'd say stop it, after 4 months things sould look better.

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. I ordered the No-PPG minoxidil right before I learned that it was ineffective. Now I'm just gonna throw it away I guess.

I'll sell it to you for like 10$

Roopp

Reaction score
to be honest, i have seen my temple region having growth intially, which spur me to continue then, but then the results become less obvious, the result of crown area shows no progress at all just going south in terms of density.

its 4 months 10 days

Leezer

Reaction score
I stopped using Dr. Lee's minoxidil. I have been on it for nearly 1 year and I saw no effect at all. I don't have any photos and I cannot prove that even to myself, but if I am not happy with the results, then that's enough reason for me to stop the medicament. Now I am on Kirkland and am still on the 1st bottle, so there's nothing I can say about it, except that it remains quite long on my scalp, doesn't seem to leave white marks and doesn't smell. And, hell - it is a LOT cheaper! ;)

Roopp

Reaction score
leezer + follicle84

are you on the no PPG one?
or you are refering to the generic version #500

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was reffering to xandrox 5% no ppg with alzelaic acid. I got less side effects off it than regular 5% minoxidil. However the side effects that did occur were too bothersome. Although i got results on my temples were i was using it. I got severe itchy scalp (probably the alzelaic acid) and notice my crown and rest of my hair lost density. Normal minoxidil However produced almost the same results and didnt effect my hair density or cause too much itching. However it did cause me to get light headedness, head aches, heart palpitations (sometimes), greasy hair and severe dry scalp.

Leezer

Reaction score
Roopp said:
leezer + follicle84

are you on the no PPG one?
or you are refering to the generic version #500

I was referring to them both ;). I used only 1 bottle of the No-PPG one actually and cannot say anything about it (even about the less dosage of PPG - to be honest, I did not feel much difference...).

Additionally - I never had any sides with any kind of minoxidil I used so far (#500, no-PPG and Kirkland). I have no idea about the difference between them when speaking about sides.