On Big 3 For Several Years, Good Results So Far, But What More Can I Do?

valeous

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Started losing hair in my early 20s mostly from my crown and mid scalp region with some receding of my frontal hairline. With regular finasteride 1 mg, minoxidil 5%, and nizoral 2-3x/week, I luckily managed to preserve my hair and get most of my hair back. I'm happy to stick with the big 3, but want to know if there is a way to further optimize my regimen to make it better so that I can experience more growth on my crown (there's still some thinning there) and frontal scalp and the edges where my frontal scalp meets my temples on either side.

What more can I do?
- Any more anti-androgens?
- Use a higher % of minoxidil?
- Use a higher % of ketoconazole shampoo?
- Dermarolling?
- Anything else?

Thanks

Last edited:

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well .. if you're doing fine with the big 3 I wouldn't change anything for now... You should be lucky it works for you.

I'd say if there's any significant change in hair density, you could then try higher % of minoxidil, dutasteride, dermarolling,..

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
It's possible that you'd screw things up if you make any changes. I think you should be happy with the success that you've had.

valeous

Reaction score
It's possible that you'd screw things up if you make any changes. I think you should be happy with the success that you've had.

I'm definitely happy and would certainly not want to screw it up. But if there's a way I can achieve more progress... I'd wanna at least consider it.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I’m so tired of that phrase - “the Big 3.” Sounds really professional. :rolleyes: It reminds me of “The Big Red” SNL commercial. “The Big Three, cause they’re big, big, big, and they don’t work worth sh*t.... Doot-doot-do-do-doooooooo.

https://www.hulu.com/watch/282885

No offense to the OP for using it, I’m just saying.