Omw To Success... At Least I Hope So

el_storm

Reaction score
Been at it for about 3 months now and I think I see some new hair growth. They are tiny, but from what I have read, that's how they start.

I had to let it grow a bit because liquid minoxidil makes me flake a lot and it wasn't looking good.

Below is a picture. What do guys think, is there chances of growing again. I hadn't seen those hairs for years.

Update 7/28/2017

I thought I would update this in case it helps anybody else. I have not changed my regimen, but I am going through a small shed, about 50 hairs or so a day. It usually falls out as I am sitting at my work desk, when applying Minoxidil, and a few hairs every night on the pillow. Not too worried about it yet since I have heard it is normal, however, it coincides with switching from liquid to foam kirkland minoxidil. Hopefully I am not loosing grounds due to the change, but only time will tell. Also, moved the finasteride from first thing in the AM to around 7PM, mainly just to see if I see a difference, since I do feel like I get brain fog sometimes in the morning when I am being asked something. So far I feel like it is helping, but still cannot conclude.

I added two new pictures. One is a collage of before and after from day 1 until about two weeks ago (around week 18). The other is after buzzing my hair short last week.

Still fighting to keep as much as possible. I will try to keep adding pictures and information for others to get information or simply be inspired.

Attachments

• 20170512_124759-999x999.jpg
    20170512_124759-999x999.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 938
  • Collage_Before&After_Long.jpg
    Collage_Before&After_Long.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 436
  • Short_top.png
    Short_top.png
    510.1 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:

el_storm

Reaction score
Yes, I startes with Min, and each month I have added something to the regiment. So at this moment I am on the big 3 and use the dermaroller to lightly roll every 3 to 4 days. I try not to bleed fot quicker recovery.

Kirkland Minoxidil - Day 1 to current
Biotin 5000 (from walgreens I think) - day 1 to current
Nizoral - week 4 to current
Dermaroller - week 6 to current
Finasteride 1mg everyday - week 8 to current

I basically kept adding stuff in case there were any reactions, I could pin point any issues. But i think I'm comfortable with this regiment for now.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think biotin is contributing at all.

Use a dermapen insead of a dermaroller, swap finasteride for dutasteride, add RU-58841, and you've basically started going Nuclear.

el_storm

Reaction score
Nuclear huh?

I've read about dura, is it much more expensive than finasteride? Also, is the derma pen slower than the roller?

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nuclear huh?

I've read about dura, is it much more expensive than finasteride? Also, is the derma pen slower than the roller?

Yes, but it's less painful, doesn't cause the issues associated with a roller, and still induces wounding.

el_storm

Reaction score
Ya that's a good point. I'm thinking of just keeping this until i see no change for a while and then consider something else. This regiment is so cheap that I can't complain.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think biotin is contributing at all.

Use a dermapen insead of a dermaroller, swap finasteride for dutasteride, add RU-58841, and you've basically started going Nuclear.

Is RU easier to get premade nowadays or does it still come in powder form and you have to go all Walter White in your room with a triple beam balance, scales and all that and put everything in a fridge? I'm really interested in buying RU but i'm far from a chemist. Powdered Iced Tea or Lemonade is as far as I go.

Oh and where do you even get RU? Like legit.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that's the consensus here. Pricey stuff.

I don't mean to ambush you with questions but...

Have you purchased those 50ml solutions? If so, how long did it last you and how frequently did you put it? Is it like minoxidil where you use it twice a day with a dropper? It says one lasts 7 months (stability) so is it wise to buy 7 bottles?

Thanks.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant only to imply, from what I've read here, that it is legit. I have not used it as yet so I'll let those that have make further recommendations. I have considered it however and were I to do so, I would buy just a few bottles of the solution at a time and if it worked I'd likely then get the powder and mix for the long term.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't mean to ambush you with questions but...

Have you purchased those 50ml solutions? If so, how long did it last you and how frequently did you put it? Is it like minoxidil where you use it twice a day with a dropper? It says one lasts 7 months (stability) so is it wise to buy 7 bottles?

Thanks.

Yes, it's legit. That is Kane's site. You only need to use it once a day with a dropper. It should last you almost two months. I wouldn't buy more than 3 bottles at once.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is too weak or often fake ... if you want something that doesn't work just try Saw Palmetto, it's cheaper !

No offense, but according to your signature nothing works for you. RU is very strong, and works faster than Finasteride.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense, but according to your signature nothing works for you. RU is very strong, and works faster than Finasteride.

Do you still absolutely need minoxidil to get any regrowth with it? Has anyone got it to work alone?

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has taken it alone for regrowth. Swoop takes it alone for maintenance. In testing on macaques it gave more regrowth than Finasteride. So yes, I think it's possible to get regrowth from RU alone, but it makes little sense not to use it with minoxidil. There is absolutely nothing that can compare to the effectiveness of minoxidil for regrowth.

Then there's reports of it inhibiting collagen production and causing all of these effects people talk about.

Is it really a small group of people that actually experience this, or does it happen to everyone that comes into contact with it?

There's a thread somewhere, where the OP said that the reason it works has to do with it's collagen inhibition.

It's been said before to add vitamin b12 tablets into minoxidil to increase it's effect or to drop them in Castor Oil if you don't want to use minoxidil.

I never got any confirmation of this succeeding, but reports of this would be appreciated.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, what vehicle to use for the Castor Oil? People have reported regrowth with it taking orally.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's legit. That is Kane's site. You only need to use it once a day with a dropper. It should last you almost two months. I wouldn't buy more than 3 bottles at once.

Thanks, i'll buying some from there then but not now, maybe in a couple of months.

I have another q for you Dr. Pegasus, i've been using minoxidil/finasteride everyday since February 2016, can I keep using these with RU?

jbrad

My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with folfoxorack on the RU front as well. I've often found it doesn't work/isn't strong enough as well.