Omnibus Bald Shaming In The Media Thread

zircon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought we could have a thread where we post examples of media where bald men are presented in a negative light. I seem to be noticing these everywhere recently. Here's a few:

Exhibit #1: Jail Break. This is an arcade game where you play a cop who shoots down criminals who have escaped from a prison. Thing is, the cop is a fullhead (?) and all the criminals are ugly bald men! Just look at this f*****g poster. f*****g LOL.

jailbreakflyer.jpg

Exhibit #2: Requiem for a Dream. This is a great movie with some haunting depictions of drug addiction. Three of the protagonists, an African-American guy and a white couple, are heroin addicts that start selling drugs to fund their dream projects. After a while they hit a roadblock where they need extra money, so the girl has to have sex with her disgusting NW7 therapist, which is presented as a huge sacrifice and compromise for her. Her boyfriend is of course a NW1 heartthrob, because why wouldn't he be?

Exhibit #3: Gone Baby Gone. Another great movie, this time a crime drama directed by Ben Affleck. An important character in the movie is a murderous pedophile played by Matthew Maher, a small-framed NW7 actor. At a pivotal point in the movie he is executed point blank by the main character, who is to noone's surprise a good-looking NW1.

matthewmaher-gone-baby-gone1.jpg

I've mentioned this guy (Maher) before. Apparently he is cast a lot to play pedophiles and rapists, to the point where he made a pretty sad comment about it in an interview:
It is a weird fact of my career that, at least in movies, I’ve been cast a lot as rapists and child molesters. I cannot account, exactly, for why this is so.
Hardcore, double dose blue pill right there folks.

That's all I got for now. Feel free to share other stuff you find in this vein.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That Maher comment is heart-wrenching. Is it presumptuous to assume, that there could be a trace of sarcasm in his wonderment of why he's casted this way? Of course not everyone in the outside world see's baldness as this obvious deformity that it is, but it's possible that he's of that mindset and it's so obvious that he's being sarcastic with that statement.

Also the film you mean is Gone Baby Gone, easy to be mixed up with the other film which Affleck starred in but didn't direct. I don't know whether you meant Gone Girl or Gone Baby Gone is a great film, but I find both pretty meh.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I edited that just now. I'm off caffeine now and I swear it's making me make the weirdest of mistakes.

As for the Maher comment, I think he genuinely just doesn't suspect that his baldness is factoring into the kinds of roles he is getting. Most people aren't really used to thinking about hair as an important variable in their lives and careers.

I got blurry when I stopped caffeine a few months ago, I started taking this:

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/alpha-men/10530421.html

I feel ridiculous taking something called "Alpha Men" but within a week I felt sharper and more quick witted than I have in ages, but it's actually lasted. There are similar multi-vitamins and nootropics out there, I really feel this helped me out a lot. I do have coffee now again but it's a lot less, maybe 1 a day tops.

And yes, I can see it that way too with the Maher quote, it probably is that I've read the quote on this forum where we all make comments that presume everything that happens to us is a result of baldness (sometimes to ridiculous extremes).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a major problem with bald discrimination that a lot of people seem completely oblivious that it impacts them. They're suffering and they have no narrative for it, no framework to understand, no awareness.

It's not that they don't know why they're living life on hard mode, they might not even realize that they're living life on hard mode.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very true and insightful. I honestly have no idea why people don't pick up on it more. It might be an extension of people's general obliviousness about the importance of appearance for males.

It just makes me paranoid that I might be suffering due to other vectors I'm not even aware of.

I'm reminded of an awful conversation with a sociology PhD a few weeks back, she was very focused on "race, gender, intersectionality", and excluded everything else and was committed to excluding everything else.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Yea, this kinda thread doesn't help people feel better

At the same time it's interesting how wide spread the baldness stereotypes are in the media. Full heads probally don't even notice it

- tv show I can think of that comes to mind is called " the league". It's a comedy show about 5 friends , all 4 of them are full heads except for the one creepy , Socailly awkward , pale , virgin guy- you already know it ,he's the only nw7 on the show.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

blackg

Reaction score
At the same time it's interesting how wide spread the baldness stereotypes are in the media. Full heads probally don't even notice it.

They don't, most of them anyway.

If you happen to mention to a fullhead this obvious bias against bald men in the media, he will most likely tell you "It's all in your head, bro."

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
eqQ6jr2.gif

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
the closest a bald man will ever get to a woman

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are a few In the same vein as Slenderman:

The Gentlemen from Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
the%20gentlemen,%20hush,%20buffy.gif

It's not a great example as a lot of the villains in Buffy had hair.

The master was bald.
Angelus had hair.
Spike had hair.
The mayor had hair.
Frankenstein had hair.
The trio had hair.
Caleb had hair.

Then on Angel, Holland Manners, Holtz, and Lindsey McDonald all had hair.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I edited that just now. I'm off caffeine now and I swear it's making me make the weirdest of mistakes.

As for the Maher comment, I think he genuinely just doesn't suspect that his baldness is factoring into the kinds of roles he is getting. Most people aren't really used to thinking about hair as an important variable in their lives and careers.

Honestly, I think that certain men do not care how they are portrayed, as long as they are getting acting jobs and making money. It may seem unfathomable to men who have some degree of dignity and self-worth, but just look at George from Seinfeld in the youtube video in this thread. On literally every episode, he got made fun of and was casted to act like a complete loser. A "short, stocky, slow-witted bald man" as he said. Some instances worse than others, like in the video that shookwun posted. He had to have known that he was getting totally mocked through this Costanza character (it was the most obvious thing ever), yet he kept on with it for years.

I don't mind bald men being cast as bad guys so much, because they often look like tough bad-asses. Sometimes when I come home from a night out, in the wee hours of the morning, I turn on Lockup on MSNBC, and I bad-*** prison gang guys with shaved heads. What I cannot stand is when bald men are portrayed as losers, uncool, older-looking, socially inept, freaky, and apart from the mainstream. Consequently your Exhibits 2 and 3 bothered me the most, particularly #2.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This hurts on so many levels. f***, I came here to cure my baldness, not to feel even worse.

Is this for real? You can treat this forum as masochism if you want, which you constantly do by twisting every topic into how ugly and hopeless you are, but then you turn it all on its head like this?

I'm not angry just, baffled. I thought this topic would be your fap material. Wtf. Absolutely the last person I'd expect this from.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Self imposed"? Maybe. But finasteride is my only chance to keep my hair for as long as I can. Sides or not, I will take my chances.

You've repeatedly said that Finasteride hasn't worked at all for you, which your dermatologist also confirmed, and you've gone from NW2 to NW4 while on it.