OliX-Pharmaceuticals-Announces-Results-from-Preclinical-Study-of-Hair-Loss-Therapeutic-Candidate

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, my mistake I misread.

I'm always going to favour any therapy that tackles ARs directly over SRD5A though so I quite like this angle

AR is the GOAT target. Since we're trying to compensate for our missing epi-testosterone which acts as both an AR antagonist and a 5-AR inhibitor, degrading AR comes closer to offering the whole-spectrum protection against androgens that our follicles are naturally lacking.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
KY19382, also I dont think he was joking. People seem overly hyped. The drug has alot of potential, but it wont be a 'cure'.

They're currently doing series B funding. Transltation from latest press release on their website: (9th Feb)

"CK Biotech Inc. is a series in which 5 institutions including Korea Development Bank, Yozma Group Korea, Knet Investment Partners, Synergy Ivy Investment, and Biohub participate in two years of attracting Series A 6 billion in December 2018. By attracting 13.55 billion B, it laid the foundation for clinical trials on non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), obesity, baldness, and wounds through tissue regeneration.

CK Biotech is a company that pursues the development of innovative (first-in-class) new drugs. It was started in October 2016 by Professor Kang-yeol Choi of Yonsei University as a faculty establishment, and by controlling the fundamental principles of stem cell activation regulation, problems are solved. Instead of using a lot of cell therapy, they are developing treatments that regenerate damaged tissues in intractable diseases.

In particular , skin anti-aging, baldness, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), using original technology that safely activates the Wnt/ b- catenin signaling pathway, which plays a key role in tissue regeneration in vivo . New drugs are being developed to fundamentally treat intractable diseases, such as metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes, which are unsatisfactory in medical demand, but lack of treatment or fundamental treatment development is limited.

CK Biotech's diseases of interest are incurable diseases in which the protein CXXC5 is significantly increased in patient tissues, and thus the wint signaling system is suppressed and the tissue regeneration function is lost. By discovering and improving substances that inhibit protein-protein binding with a protein called Dishevelled, which is a mechanism for inhibiting winter signal transmission by CXXC5, over the past 10 years, it shows therapeutic effects by restoring the regeneration function of biological tissues lost in patients. It is being developed as an innovative regenerative treatment.

In the case of low-molecular compound candidates being developed, by activating stem cells in vivo to restore the patient's tissue regeneration function (e.g., skin regeneration, liver protection and tissue regeneration in NASH, regeneration hair follicle formation), It was confirmed that it shows an excellent effect close to the fundamental treatment. Currently, preclinical trials have been completed for major candidates for development, and preparations for clinical trials are in progress. It aims to grow into a global renewable and innovative new drug company by completing phase 1 and 2 clinical trials for NASH and baldness treatment within the next few years."

Wow, I'm grateful there are so many companies out there trying to find a cure.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
KY is no cure, but imo it stands the best chance of beating minoxidil out of anything in the pipeline.
It’s a wild guess I know, but do you think it can regrow several norwoods combined with needling?

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
KY is no cure, but imo it stands the best chance of beating minoxidil out of anything in the pipeline.
While I do firmly believe only hair cloning will be a true solution, I still continue to hope for a miracle where a topical might actually offer real regrowth.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds really dangerous. Could they prevent transcription of the AR gene locally or would it affect the entire body / systematically?
The whole point of CRISPR is to be as accurate as possible. If it went systematic in any way/shape/form it would never be used in humans for something like hairloss, because the edits are permanent and the repercussions could be vast. That's why the continue to work on as targeted vectors as they possibly can and by the time it's ever used for something like hairloss would be fine-tuned from use in actual life-debilitating situations.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
KY19382, also I dont think he was joking. People seem overly hyped. The drug has alot of potential, but it wont be a 'cure'.

They're currently doing series B funding. Transltation from latest press release on their website: (9th Feb)

"CK Biotech Inc. is a series in which 5 institutions including Korea Development Bank, Yozma Group Korea, Knet Investment Partners, Synergy Ivy Investment, and Biohub participate in two years of attracting Series A 6 billion in December 2018. By attracting 13.55 billion B, it laid the foundation for clinical trials on non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), obesity, baldness, and wounds through tissue regeneration.

CK Biotech is a company that pursues the development of innovative (first-in-class) new drugs. It was started in October 2016 by Professor Kang-yeol Choi of Yonsei University as a faculty establishment, and by controlling the fundamental principles of stem cell activation regulation, problems are solved. Instead of using a lot of cell therapy, they are developing treatments that regenerate damaged tissues in intractable diseases.

In particular , skin anti-aging, baldness, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), using original technology that safely activates the Wnt/ b- catenin signaling pathway, which plays a key role in tissue regeneration in vivo . New drugs are being developed to fundamentally treat intractable diseases, such as metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes, which are unsatisfactory in medical demand, but lack of treatment or fundamental treatment development is limited.

CK Biotech's diseases of interest are incurable diseases in which the protein CXXC5 is significantly increased in patient tissues, and thus the wint signaling system is suppressed and the tissue regeneration function is lost. By discovering and improving substances that inhibit protein-protein binding with a protein called Dishevelled, which is a mechanism for inhibiting winter signal transmission by CXXC5, over the past 10 years, it shows therapeutic effects by restoring the regeneration function of biological tissues lost in patients. It is being developed as an innovative regenerative treatment.

In the case of low-molecular compound candidates being developed, by activating stem cells in vivo to restore the patient's tissue regeneration function (e.g., skin regeneration, liver protection and tissue regeneration in NASH, regeneration hair follicle formation), It was confirmed that it shows an excellent effect close to the fundamental treatment. Currently, preclinical trials have been completed for major candidates for development, and preparations for clinical trials are in progress. It aims to grow into a global renewable and innovative new drug company by completing phase 1 and 2 clinical trials for NASH and baldness treatment within the next few years."

Based on what you said isnt that mean you can recover to your first state?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AR is the GOAT target. Since we're trying to compensate for our missing epi-testosterone which acts as both an AR antagonist and a 5-AR inhibitor, degrading AR comes closer to offering the whole-spectrum protection against androgens that our follicles are naturally lacking.
I'm curious as to how that would affect sebaceous gland function. Do we get to keep our gair at the cost of dry itchy scalps and dry bristly hair?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, although it seems that they're not targeting 5ar during trials despite it being patented. If they can effectively silence the AR then there's no need to.

Silencing both would give better results since no 5-AR would leave more testosterone to be aromatized into estrogen and give more regrowth.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Silencing both would give better results since no 5-AR would leave more testosterone to be aromatized into estrogen and give more regrowth.
Would be better to combine with a topical AA to compete with any DHT in circulation wouldn't it? I don't think we can count on 100% inactivation of ARs

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be better to combine with a topical AA to compete with any DHT in circulation wouldn't it? I don't think we can count on 100% inactivation of ARs

Well I mean, if this stuff does the job it's supposed to, you won't have to. It's supposed to have the advantage of being more effective than current treatments.

But sure, it's not like anyone is gonna forbid you from using this as part of a regimen. We're getting way ahead of ourselves here anyway, this stuff's not coming out for YEARS.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I mean, if this stuff does the job it's supposed to, you won't have to. It's supposed to have the advantage of being more effective than current treatments.

But sure, it's not like anyone is gonna forbid you from using this as part of a regimen. We're getting way ahead of ourselves here anyway, this stuff's not coming out for YEARS.
Truuueeee the rate I'm going this is all pointless haha I just like speculating.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This would be phase 1 right or pre-clinical trials?

It looks like stuff is slowly happening for many companies.

I suspect maybe in 5 years we would have decent treatments.
It's going to be phase 1 but more likely a combined phase 1/2. mRNA treatments are not going to be frequently dosed, so they'll probably just test efficacy and safety at the same time based on 1-2 doses.

I wonder if this can still get special treatment from the SK government for early release if it's trialed in the UK.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think that covid helped in the sense that mRNA has been approved and is now known to provide safe results to the world.

I said that before as well, covid mRNA will end up helping the hairloss community.
Probably end up being the cure for people who are going to lose hair in the future, but the jury is still out on whether it will provide any benefit for regrowth.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

SUWON, South Korea--OliX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (KOSDAQ: 226950), a leading developer of RNAi therapeutics, announced that the Company has successfully completed a capital raise to support the Company’s R&D activities and improve its financial structure.

The paid-in capital increase totaled KRW 57 billion (approximately USD 45 million) with about 3 million convertible preferred stocks. Eight local institutional investors, including KB Investment, IMM Investment Corp., Company K Partners, Solidus Investment Co., Ltd, Susung Asset Management Co., Ltd., Welcome Asset Management, Focus Asset Management, and Shinhan Capital participated in this third-party capital increase.

The capital will be mainly used to finance the Company’s R&D activities. OliX plans to complete patient administration for its clinical phase 2 hypertrophic scar program (OLX101A) in the US and announce the interim results within this year. The Company’s dry and wet AMD (OLX301A) and androgenic alopecia (OLX104C) programs are also planned to be entered into clinical trials this year, followed by HBV (OLX703A) and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (OLX702A) in 2023.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, so we have several siRNA trials moving forward pretty fast on schedule for next >2 years. There might be something to it if so many companies are pushing this angle I guess. Can't wait for some f*****g study to reveal something relevant and not be back-to-back SamuMed bullshit once again.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
id hope to see an update on these treatments soon. but I think it might be another disappointment that takes ages to get going. it stated that after they raised 45 million they will enter clinical trials for Androgenetic Alopecia this year. however its almost December and it looks like it will definitely not happen this year. and we are talking phase 1 clinical trials. decade away

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
new study on this drug published recently

"In ex vivo human hair follicle culture, the proportion of telogen hair decreased, and the mean hair bulb diameter increased in the cp-asiAR-treated group. In isolated primary human DP cells, AR expression was effectively downregulated by cp-asiAR. Furthermore, cp-asiAR attenuated DHT-mediated increases in interleukin-6, transforming growth factor-β1, and dickkopf-1 levels. No significant toxicity was observed in DP cells after cp-asiAR treatment. Cp-asiAR treatment showed effective downregulation of AR expression and prevention of DHT-mediated alterations in the hair cycle and hair diameter, indicating its potential as a novel therapeutic option for Androgenetic Alopecia."

"he stability test performed using low concentrations of RNase showed gradual degrada- tion of cp-asiAR within 16 h (Figure S9). Rapid degradation of cp-asiAR in the plasma would minimize the systemic effect of the treatment. Consistently, pharmacokinetic analysis showed highly enriched cp-asiRNA in the skin for up to seven days but a negligible amount of cp-asiAR in the plasma, liver, and kidney (Table S2)"

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221122005053/en/OliX-Pharmaceuticals-Publishes-Preclinical-Research-Demonstrating-OLX104C’s-Potential-as-an-Effective-Treatment-for-Hair-Loss

"We are glad that, through this publication of our study in Molecular Pharmaceutics, the excellent efficacy of our cp-asiRNA targeting AR on hair loss has been verified by peer reviewers. We plan to submit a Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) for Phase 1 clinical trial near the end of this year, and we expect successful clinical results.”

this is the future I think. this and more targeted delivery of existing drugs is much more promising than cloning which is expensive as f*** and nobody is interested in investing in the trials because tissue engineering is hard and expensive compared to just more strategic delivery of drugs and rna is just in the beginning

additionally this would be once a week dosing, after 7 days lots of the drug is still in the skin and once there isn't it takes another 3 days or so for androgen receptors to regenerate. delivery is still a question but I think like another company in Korea they are looking at nanostructure lipid particles(the carrier topical) or needling(the compound being on the tip of the needle, like tinted micro needling )

Attachments

• compressed.pdf
    922.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
now approced for clinical phase 1 trials in australia which the company says will be conducted this year

if think with siRNA the potential for localized delivery only due to the degeneration of rna in blood is higher than with other topically applied drugs like finasteride or dutasteride.

so this is something to look out for potentially for people with sides from topical anti androgens that still go systemic in part ans accumulate there

this is a siRNA like samiRNA which will come out end of this month (AR mRNA inhibitor which is also patented for SRD5A1 and SRD5A2 genes)