Olive Oil And Hair Regrowth. Anything Or Anyone To Back This Up ?

Star Trek fan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have started using olive oil in my hair for dandruff and it works great, it also make the hair feel smooth and adds volume. I have read a few things that it promotes hair growth by removing the sebum from the follicle. It also has vitamin A and E. Has anyone got experience with olive oil and hair loss ? Any good results ? Any one grow back some hair ?

Bankai

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm useing a mixture of rosemary oil and olive oil since november. Noticed no improvement since then. I will keep applying it once a day, cause I think it won't do any harm.

Star Trek fan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there science behind rosemary oil ? I have heard onion juice is another natural ingredient but I don’t think I could deal with the smell

Star Trek fan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I was amazed how much olive oil improved my hair, I don’t know how it is not talked about it more.... I just wanted to know more about the topic

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried peppermint/rosemary oil before without results. I now have lavender oil. Nice smell anyway. Anti-fungul.
Olive oil is good for you no matter how you use it. I have a little bottle of olive oil, olive leaf extract, anti DHT herb..

MrsC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I was amazed how much olive oil improved my hair, I don’t know how it is not talked about it more.... I just wanted to know more about the topic
How are you using it? Rubbing it in the scalp or on the hair? How much do you use daily and how often do you wash your hair? I am very interested.

Star Trek fan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cover my hair root to tip with olive oil and then rub it into my scalp, I do this after I have washed the hair with a shampoo and put the olive oil in while the hair is still damp after a towel dry. I let it sit for an hour and then then wash it out with shampoo and conditioner. I have longish hair so I see the benefit more then short hair. It cleared up my dandruff really well and didn’t really dry out my hair like nizorol

MrsC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cover my hair root to tip with olive oil and then rub it into my scalp, I do this after I have washed the hair with a shampoo and put the olive oil in while the hair is still damp after a towel dry. I let it sit for an hour and then then wash it out with shampoo and conditioner. I have longish hair so I see the benefit more then short hair. It cleared up my dandruff really well and didn’t really dry out my hair like nizorol
Thank you! I am going to try this, do you do this everytime you wash your hair or just once a week or so?

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Olive oil for gods sake.

I cant believe people still consider this a valid treatment against male pattern baldness.

Theres another thread where someone is talking about nutrition having an effect.

Things really have not changed at all in the last 20 years...

Nutrition does have an effect. That is why there was no baldness in most of the world until we Europeans came with our shitty foods and habits. But once the process begins, I don't think that diet and lifestyle can do sh*t against it.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nutrition does have an effect. That is why there was no baldness in most of the world until we Europeans came with our shitty foods and habits. But once the process begins, I don't think that diet and lifestyle can do sh*t against it.

Really? How far back are you going here? 2500 years ago ancient Greeks were still going bald.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? How far back are you going here? 2500 years ago ancient Greeks were still going bald.

Greeks were both Europeans and lived in an agricultural society. If you go to the research, you will see that hunters-gatherers obtain 70-80% of their calories from meat. And the don't have baldness, diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc.

Look what happened to people when they started eating grains and sh*t like that. Craneal capacity dropped, bone density dropped and stature dropped, all symptoms of malnourishment. Do you know another symptom of malnourishment? Hair loss due to uncontrolled autophagy in an attempt of the body to obtain protein.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Greeks were both Europeans and lived in an agricultural society. If you go to the research, you will see that hunters-gatherers obtain 70-80% of their calories from meat. And the don't have baldness, diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc.

Look what happened to people when they started eating grains and sh*t like that. Craneal capacity dropped, bone density dropped and stature dropped, all symptoms of malnourishment. Do you know another symptom of malnourishment? Hair loss due to uncontrolled autophagy in an attempt of the body to obtain protein.

the rare cases of bushmen with some kind of alopecia must be cases of traction alopecias and the rest are full head of hairs x D
tbh you can always hypothetize it's genetics in such cases/. on the other hand you will always find people who eat crap all day long , are overweight, have vascular problems/ blood pressure, diabetics and yet are solid norwood 0
tg.jpg

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the rare cases of bushmen with some kind of alopecia must be cases of traction alopecias and the rest are full head of hairs x D
tbh you can always hypothetize it's genetics in such cases/. on the other hand you will always find people who eat crap all day long , are overweight, have vascular problems/ blood pressure, diabetics and yet are solid norwood 0
View attachment 118074

It is not genetic, given that hunters-gatherers develop alopecia and all kind of problems like myopia, bone density loss, cavities, etc. in few years after introducing our food in their societies. There are several books about that.