Older than you and ... more hair !

S&L

Reaction score
Am I the only one that goes nuts when I see ( and I'm talking especially to the younger fellas here ) guys aged 30 , 40 , 50+ with perfect freakin hair ?
When I walk in the street and I can't help to notice lots of guys with perfect hairlines , great hair density when they are respectively more than 5 , 15 , 25 years older than me ?! and I'm already feeling the norwood 4 pattern by the loss of density .
I truly feel some kind of rage that I know is useless but it just gets me , this is just unfair , I feel like I got got fucked by mother nature .

s.a.f

Reaction score
Plenty of 50 yr olds have better hair than I had at 15. Having never been a NW1 I got pretty used to this.
But the point is you cant let it get to you there is hairloss and there is baldness, most men suffer the first but its not the same as the second.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that goes nuts when I see ( and I'm talking especially to the younger fellas here ) guys aged 30 , 40 , 50+ with perfect freakin hair ?

i know this gets brought up alot, but i feel its relevant. Theres no point in getting upset about things u cannot change. people with aggressive cancers and amputees think they got fuked by god , but they can either spend the rest of their lifes being bitter about it, or they can get on with their lifes.

who knows, u could get a life threatening disease, and then u will not worry about ur hairloss any more.

the biggest problem with alot of younger people is that hairloss is the first major health related problem they have. but if they can't deal with that, how the hell will they deal with bigger problems that are sure to happen to some of them.

there are plenty of people who wish the only problem they had was losing hair.

Reaction score
S&L said:
When I walk in the street and I can't help to notice lots of guys with perfect hairlines , great hair density when they are respectively more than 5 , 15 , 25 years older than me ?! and I'm already feeling the norwood 4 pattern by the loss of density .
I truly feel some kind of rage that I know is useless but it just gets me , this is just unfair , I feel like I got got f***ed by mother nature .

Me and you both mate, me and you both. :(

Not only did I inherit aggressive hairloss gene from my Dad I also inherited the height gene from my Mum. One out of the two I could probably just about live with but to get lumbered with both is a right kick in the balls. No two ways about it I've been dealt a sh*t hand.

About your original point, well my brother used to always avoid family gatherings like the plague and I could never quite fathom why. I mean he still went out with his mates and what not so for me at the time it was quite inexplicable that he'd give family events a wide berth. Anyway, now that I'm experiencing hairloss myself I'm truly convinced that the reason why he never attended said events was his hairloss. And you know what? I don't blame him one bit. It's depressing and embarrassing turning up only to see all your cousins who're around the same age with no hair problems or how about realising even in your early 20's that your grandfather has a better head of hair than you. Nah, quite frankly, F-that! I'll be following suit and be giving family events a miss. I'd get no enjoyment out of them when all they'd do as act as a reminder that I got screwed in the hair department. :thumbdown2:

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
I went shopping the other day, and as usual I did a quick round of norwood spotting while gathering my groceries. But I started to get a little uncomfortable when I could not find any baldies.
Usually when I enter a shop, I semi consciously spot the nw1's and the hairloss guys. There is a nice natural balance and it feels comfortable since I'm in the latter group. But this time something didn't feel right.
It started like this. As I was making my way through the shop, I noticed a couple of men in their fifties with excellent hair. I thought, Lucky %$#&#. Anyway I kept shopping. Then an old guy in his 70's with a Nw1. Must have good genes or something!! Then an older couple with the man sporting an excellent head of hair. Then some workmen in their 40's and 50's all nw1's.
This is when I started to think something was up. I should have seen a Nw3 or some diffused thinning by now. Where is the 50% rule?
Now that I was alerted to the fact that I may be the only hairloss sufferer in the shop, I was on a mission to find another brother. I walked through the shop twice and three times, but to no avail. All I saw were men, and mainly elderly men with excellent hair. There must have been about 30 men in that shop with me that day and all had their hair.

What gives? Where's the 50% rule!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
peter079 said:
I went shopping the other day, and as usual I did a quick round of norwood spotting while gathering my groceries. But I started to get a little uncomfortable when I could not find any baldies.
Usually when I enter a shop, I semi consciously spot the nw1's and the hairloss guys. There is a nice natural balance and it feels comfortable since I'm in the latter group. But this time something didn't feel right.
It started like this. As I was making my way through the shop, I noticed a couple of men in their fifties with excellent hair. I thought, Lucky %$#&#. Anyway I kept shopping. Then an old guy in his 70's with a Nw1. Must have good genes or something!! Then an older couple with the man sporting an excellent head of hair. Then some workmen in their 40's and 50's all nw1's.
This is when I started to think something was up. I should have seen a Nw3 or some diffused thinning by now. Where is the 50% rule?

Now that I was alerted to the fact that I may be the only hairloss sufferer in the shop, I was on a mission to find another brother. I walked through the shop twice and three times, but to no avail. All I saw were men, and mainly elderly men with excellent hair. There must have been about 30 men in that shop with me that day and all had their hair.
What gives? Where's the 50% rule!!

You need help.

HairLust

Reaction score
I often look at older guys with more hair than me with real envy, but you know, some of them are just bound to be wearing really good undetectable hair systems.

S&L said:
I truly feel some kind of rage that I know is useless but it just gets me , this is just unfair , I feel like I got got f***ed by mother nature .

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I see tons of folk with NW1s and they are 60 odd, but most of them have blotched whisky faces e.g Alex Ferguson colour.

S&L

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Plenty of 50 yr olds have better hair than I had at 15. Having never been a NW1 I got pretty used to this.
But the point is you cant let it get to you there is hairloss and there is baldness, most men suffer the first but its not the same as the second.

Well , loosing a bit of hair at 50 yo is kinda normal , I don't think I would b**ch about it too much , wouldn't make me happy of course .
Like you say , loosing lots and lots of hair and going bald at 25 isn't the same story .

anxious1 said:
i know this gets brought up alot, but i feel its relevant. Theres no point in getting upset about things u cannot change. people with aggressive cancers and amputees think they got fuked by god , but they can either spend the rest of their lifes being bitter about it, or they can get on with their lifes.
who knows, u could get a life threatening disease, and then u will not worry about ur hairloss any more.
the biggest problem with alot of younger people is that hairloss is the first major health related problem they have. but if they can't deal with that, how the hell will they deal with bigger problems that are sure to happen to some of them.
there are plenty of people who wish the only problem they had was losing hair.

Yeah I realise this , in my case I had my share of health problems , not really life threatening but harsh enough , and they lasted years and I still have them and will carry some for the rest of my life .
Hair loss is some kind of bonus for me , I was missing only that .

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I remember this old man with a full head of hair looking at me with this warm glow, like my being bald made him feel more vital somehow. Phht.