Okey guys, i really need your help now

PaulLSSH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 19-year-old and I'm experiencing hair loss.

I need you to see the following photos and help me answer the following questions.

How bad is my hair condition?
What norwood i am?
Should I start taking finasteride at my age?
How would you see to take 0.5mg daily?
How much hair could I recover?

Thank you all.

Attachments

• EC3A184F-2F5B-4883-AAF0-F1EDD3FDB301.jpeg
    EC3A184F-2F5B-4883-AAF0-F1EDD3FDB301.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 13F46461-3BBC-4C37-A8F7-419C93ABFF3A.jpeg
    13F46461-3BBC-4C37-A8F7-419C93ABFF3A.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 25F55724-1C37-4DA6-8DFA-C6683E407C49.jpeg
    25F55724-1C37-4DA6-8DFA-C6683E407C49.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 72BD8ADE-0606-4C7F-8267-7E5A0C4EA90D.jpeg
    72BD8ADE-0606-4C7F-8267-7E5A0C4EA90D.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 226
  • E508ADCE-C237-43FC-AA70-CB71C243E7D8.jpeg
    E508ADCE-C237-43FC-AA70-CB71C243E7D8.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 760F75CA-1C72-49AF-90B8-91DBE645ECBC.jpeg
    760F75CA-1C72-49AF-90B8-91DBE645ECBC.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 227

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm the same age as you with a very similar situation. I don't have good advice for you I'm just bumping your thread and offering solidarity.

lonelypanda

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bad. In my opinion, you are definitely losing hair, though it is difficult to say how quickly it will progress. Considering that you are 19 I'm guessing it is aggressive-ish, but some people's hairlines 'mature' aka recede and thin very slowly. Your temples are clearly thinning, although it is difficult to say the speed at which they will recede. Do you have pictures of your hairline from when you were say, 18, 17, 16? Does your father have his hair? How about your uncles and grandfather on your mother's side?
Your crown area does look a little concerning, although it is difficult to say considering that is where your hair whorl is located, you could just have a very prominent hair whorl. Similarly, very bright lighting tends to make things appear thinner, particularly with hair that is as long or longer than yours.
What norwood i am?
Norwood 1.5 - 2
That would be a question for your doctor/dermatologist. Personally, I would not. There is still a lot of secondary sexual development going on when you are a teenager that you could inadvertently f*** up by taking finasteride at an early age. Considering that your hair loss is not excessive (ie, NW4 when you are 19), I would hold off and keep an eye on the situation. If you are very concerned about your hair I would take a series of close-up pictures of the temples with your hair pulled back, the crown and the hairline, much like the pictures you have taken already. Compare the photos that you take in a few months to the pictures now, likewise for pictures a year down the line. Make sure the lighting is consistent throughout the pictures so that you can get a clear picture of the speed at which your hair loss is progressing.
If your hair loss is clearly aggressive and you have lost a substantial amount of hair in the next 6 months, then perhaps I would reconsider my opinion on finasteride, otherwise, I would say to wait until you are at least 21 to start, to be honest.
Don't know what this means.
Well if you were a very good responder to finasteride, potentially all of it. This is unlikely though, as finasteride typically just slows the loss of hair down significantly, so you don't lose much hair while taking the drug. Minoxidil is used for growing hair, with it you could easily grow most of it back I would imagine, assuming you are not unlucky and respond decently to the medicine. Keep in mind that you will still lose hair with minoxidil, so it is best combined with an anti-androgen like finasteride.

You have caught your hair loss very early, which is good news and half the battle. Normally I would advise that people with any hair loss that they are concerned about to begin taking finasteride immediately, though considering your age I can't really in good conscience recommend it, who knows what long-term damage you could be doing. Keep an eye over the next 6 months - 2 years, and come back/ visit a dermatologist then. That's my 2 cents.
Best of luck bro

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try taking Zix (natural anti-androgen) to stop or slow your loss until finasteride is an option.

jazz1

Reaction score
You need the BIG3,

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketaconazole

PaulLSSH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bad. In my opinion, you are definitely losing hair, though it is difficult to say how quickly it will progress. Considering that you are 19 I'm guessing it is aggressive-ish, but some people's hairlines 'mature' aka recede and thin very slowly. Your temples are clearly thinning, although it is difficult to say the speed at which they will recede. Do you have pictures of your hairline from when you were say, 18, 17, 16? Does your father have his hair? How about your uncles and grandfather on your mother's side?
Your crown area does look a little concerning, although it is difficult to say considering that is where your hair whorl is located, you could just have a very prominent hair whorl. Similarly, very bright lighting tends to make things appear thinner, particularly with hair that is as long or longer than yours.
What norwood i am?
Norwood 1.5 - 2
That would be a question for your doctor/dermatologist. Personally, I would not. There is still a lot of secondary sexual development going on when you are a teenager that you could inadvertently f*** up by taking finasteride at an early age. Considering that your hair loss is not excessive (ie, NW4 when you are 19), I would hold off and keep an eye on the situation. If you are very concerned about your hair I would take a series of close-up pictures of the temples with your hair pulled back, the crown and the hairline, much like the pictures you have taken already. Compare the photos that you take in a few months to the pictures now, likewise for pictures a year down the line. Make sure the lighting is consistent throughout the pictures so that you can get a clear picture of the speed at which your hair loss is progressing.
If your hair loss is clearly aggressive and you have lost a substantial amount of hair in the next 6 months, then perhaps I would reconsider my opinion on finasteride, otherwise, I would say to wait until you are at least 21 to start, to be honest.
Don't know what this means.
Well if you were a very good responder to finasteride, potentially all of it. This is unlikely though, as finasteride typically just slows the loss of hair down significantly, so you don't lose much hair while taking the drug. Minoxidil is used for growing hair, with it you could easily grow most of it back I would imagine, assuming you are not unlucky and respond decently to the medicine. Keep in mind that you will still lose hair with minoxidil, so it is best combined with an anti-androgen like finasteride.

You have caught your hair loss very early, which is good news and half the battle. Normally I would advise that people with any hair loss that they are concerned about to begin taking finasteride immediately, though considering your age I can't really in good conscience recommend it, who knows what long-term damage you could be doing. Keep an eye over the next 6 months - 2 years, and come back/ visit a dermatologist then. That's my 2 cents.
Best of luck bro
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply with a long message!

Although I always had a broad forehead, I think it is getting bigger and the temples are no longer straight as before. But what worries me the most is my crown as it is beginning to thin out and it is making me very complex. Bare maternal father and grandfather.

In two months I turn 20 and I am almost determined to start with Finasteride, at least 0.5mg a day or EOD, before that I am going to have a complete blood test. I am sure that if I don't take Finasteride now when I get worse and I look in the mirror I will despair and I will end up taking it anyway, so sooner or later I will. So I think it's better to do it now and save my hair before it's too late and I regret it later.

I am currently lifting weights in the gym and I run 15k per week, I want to get 30k, I guess physical activity will help me avoid side effects.

On the other hand, how much could I develop in 1 year to 21 to avoid finasteride?

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being physically fit won't help you at all with avoiding side effects, you should read how 5AR inhibitors work.
Well 5AR inhibitors can cause problems in different ways. I think they are mentioning the effects of aromatase increased by body fat. However if one takes aromatase inhibitors that would lead to higher testosterone and body will slow the production of it to compensate.

SilantKiller

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1087.png
    IMG_1087.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1086.png
    IMG_1086.png
    353 KB · Views: 106

PaulLSSH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being physically fit won't help you at all with avoiding side effects, you should read how 5AR inhibitors work.
I know how they work, I've been reading a lot everywhere. I know there is a risk in taking Finasteride, but what other option do I have? Be bald at 22-23 and lose all the attractiveness that a person of that age can have?

PaulLSSH

My Regimen
Reaction score