Okay to poke fun at baldness, but not fatness, zits, etc...

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Before my hairloss started I couldn't even tell if someone had a receding hairline, heck I remember that I didn't even take notice of those who were Norwood 5, the only time I actually though:''oh look that guy is bald'' was when they were clean shaven on their head.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. You'd be surpirsed how many women love balding guys(yes, balding not shaved nw1). As long as a guy is masculine it adds to his masculinity.

s.a.f

Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
I don't think so. You'd be surpirsed how many women love balding guys(yes, balding not shaved nw1). As long as a guy is masculine it adds to his masculinity.

And if he's not? :whistle:

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
LooseItAll said:

And if he's not? :whistle:

Then he has a problem. It enhances his nerdyness :thumbdown2:

SuperBaldy

Reaction score
dudemon said:
You do realize that this thread was started 5 years ago, and nobody has posted on it since then ... until you? :mrgreen:

Anyways, I've always thought that a good looking bald guy is analagous to a smart person with Down Syndrome! :mrgreen:
I didn't notice that at first, but I think bumping up old threads is better than making new ones.

Shadow333

Reaction score
I AM AWESOME said:
Before my hairloss started I couldn't even tell if someone had a receding hairline, heck I remember that I didn't even take notice of those who were Norwood 5, the only time I actually though:''oh look that guy is bald'' was when they were clean shaven on their head.

I have exactly the same! my dad has been bald for as long as I can remember but there was never the fear that I might go bald too , I never even payed attention to hairlines.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
I just depends on how you wear your baldness...

If you act like a Vin Diesel bald guy you will attract women

If you act like a George Costanza bald guy you will not attract women.

s.a.f

Reaction score
blonde_john said:
I just depends on how you wear your baldness...

Nothing to do with 'wearing' baldness its just how you are, you think Costanza could could 'wear' his baldness like Vin Diesel and pull women?
Unfortunatley most bald guys are closer to Costanza than they are to Diesel.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="blonde_john":2tf4t12b]I just depends on how you wear your baldness...

Nothing to do with 'wearing' baldness its just how you are, you think Costanza could could 'wear' his baldness like Vin Diesel and pull women?
Unfortunatley most bald guys are closer to Costanza than they are to Diesel.[/quote:2tf4t12b]

Haha very true.

This is the ultimate problem. As much as we would all like to have the vin diesel/statham look, I wonder how achievable it really is.

Costanza types are essientally very sedentary types though. Quite fat and dont exercise etc.

Its not too far an ideal to at least be in good shape, if not great and eat well so you have a good skin tone.

The problem with most bald(ing) guys isnt there baldness per se, but its the fact that they usually let themselves go - fat, unhealthy, bad style, etc etc. Hypothetically if everything else is tip top then you minimise the damage.

I dont want to be seen as boasting here - but lets just say I am 'percieved' as good looking. More so when I was less bald. I think its harder for good looking guys as we are so used to getting by on our looks and having it easy. Its a real kick in the teeth. There is such a feeling of transitiveness. That in the back of your head, the proverbial 'party' in terms of having it easy with women isn't going to last much longer. And it makes everyday life all the more painful as you feel pressured to make the most of your looks as you may never have it this good again.

If I knew that I would look alright bald then it wouldnt be so bad, but right it feels like its going to get a whole lot harder one day.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="blonde_john":1udyaqa2]I just depends on how you wear your baldness...

Unfortunatley most bald guys are closer to Costanza than they are to Diesel.[/quote:1udyaqa2]

My point was...if you're bald and act like a sad-sack, wear ratty clothes, and let yourself go, then yeah, you probably won't be pulling a lot of women. If you carry yourself that way then hair isn't going to make a difference.

wi11iam

Reaction score
@ OP:

EVERYONE is insecure about something. The person that mentioned your hair twice, is obviously noting that your insecurities are there for everyone to see while his probably aren't. In a fucked up kind of way, every time someone mentions hair loss to me now it affects me less and less...actually i dont have a problem with it now, and if anyone takes the piss i tell them to go f*** themselves.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Re:

baldguy28 said:
The sad part is that there are many more men out there who will "settle for" or "accept" overweight women than there are women who will settle for short and/or bald/balding men. If you are a white guy and you are bald/balding and not at least 6' tall you may as well forget dating for the most part even if you get a tan. For some reason many women still seem to find bald Hispanic or black guys sexy or attractive but bald white guys are basically at the bottom of the pecking order.

Haha you're deluded.

HairLossTalk.com really does perpetuate such a different reality than the real world.

Applying blanket standards like that might make you feel better about your lack of success with women or in life generally but i assure you it aint true.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a huge crock of sh*t. Go ahead, let your mind keep you in jail...but don't be making a comment like that because it's simply not the case. If you're all introverted and reserved because you're obsessed with your hairloss, then yes - you probably won't do well, and rightly so. Pull up, my friend...and stop giving up so easily.
Oh boy. If only he knew how bad it gets 15 years later.