Okay. Thinking of ordering Rogaine/Minoxidil.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
:roll:

I've been very precautious in the way that I've tried not to allow myself to wonder how this stuff will work for me, at all or at best.

I know there are probably a million threads out there, but I just want to know if minoxidil has a high change of working around the hairline area.

Also any tips you can give a first time buyer would be awesome.

I've been on Finasteride for ten weeks and on Nizoral for one week. Should I wait?

End of November/December/January/February I have no job and no school. So I was thinking of starting on minoxidil in November some time, so that by March i'll know if it's growing back hair or not. 8)

Or should I wait for a year and see how Finasteride works and then resort to minoxidil next summer (november to feb here in NZ) if I lose more hair?

Decisions decisions.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
if you want any type of significant regrowth then more then likely you will need minoxidil in addition to propecia. It will work for the frontal region, just usually not quite as well and will take the longest to see results. Many have experienced quality results from it though so you just have to keep the faith. :)

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from my own experience that I grew hair with Propecia, but the hairs stayed very short, they were thin and needed more color, and they stayed like that for months.

Until minoxidil kicked in after four months of usage and now the hairs have grown to a normal length and are thicker and darker. My temples are filling in.

Now I wish I didn’t wait so long to start minoxidil.

I do think that using just one is not enough for regrowth, maybe for maintenance, but for regrowth you need both.