Okami´s story - (taugenichts, I need your opinion:)

okami

Reaction score
Here some pictures you can study.

hair1.jpg

hair3.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r102 ... air3-2.jpg (full size pic)

hair2.jpg

I think my hairloss started when I was 18 years old, I`m 23 this year. My hairs are pretty thick and as you can see Ã￾ still have a lot of hairs. But the front hairline is turning bad...

I have already started with minoxidil for a month ago. So what do you think? Actually, what´s my problem? What should I do?
Could it be Alopecia Areata? I don´t think so...

I have thought about finasterid, but I don´t like the side effects! Maybe I should start before is too late...

First, I need you opinion :).

Thanks guys.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi there

it looks like you just have regular male pattern baldness to me, it's not all that bad and easily concealed.

I may be wrong, but from what I've been reading people seem to be more likely to get side effects from minoxidil rather than finasteride. My opinion is finasteride would be a better choice right now as you only have slight loss and finasteride will maintain what you have left.

anyway, you're doing the right thing coming here for help and advice.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well you can get a higher puls beat, or head aike. a minor % could have some breathing problems but that like 0.001 % chanse, if u get breathing problems then u should stop and se a doctor.
i my self has just had a head aike... maibe it wasnt the minoxidil i dont know.

okami

Reaction score
Jojje said:
well you can get a higher puls beat, or head aike. a minor % could have some breathing problems but that like 0.001 % chanse, if u get breathing problems then u should stop and se a doctor.
i my self has just had a head aike... maibe it wasnt the minoxidil i dont know.

so what do think about my situation(see pictures)?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would ad finasterid, and then i think u will se great results in maintaining and regrowing hair.
im on the big 3 and had maibe 1 day og sides with the minoxidil, with hig heart beat and head aike.
And im in my 2 month now.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Pull back those front hairs too...it's difficult to see what's going on in those pics.

G

Hello okami,

first of all I hope that you don´t see me as some kind of expert. All I know about hairloss is from what I have read on hair loss forums and i am not very experienced in treatments myself (Just started in July 2006).

But I will give you my opinion.

The way I see it you don´t need a lot of regrowth. Your hair is still very thick and your hairloss doesn´t seem too agressive. Hence you have two options:

1.: A topical regimen consisting of Rogaine foam, Sprio cream and Nizoral shampoo. This has been a very successful combination for maintenance which will even provide some regrowth.

2.: Another option would be to stop minoxidil and go for an oral DHT-Inhibitor. Yes, sides can appear but most people tolerate these drugs very well. My suggestion for you would be Finasteride as the active ingredient of Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or Finpecia. Dutasteride isn´t needed yet for your moderate hairloss.
Just give it a chance, the sides are reversible and there are even ways to counter them if they actually appear.

Sure, you might also combine these two regimens but to me this isn´t necessary yet.

Good Luck bro and keep us updated about your decision.

okami

Reaction score
Yeah I will keep updating. I will add some vitamins on my regimen. First of all I will try silica in few months and see if I get any good results. And so on... MSM, Green tea etc. Vitamins by vitamins and make you guys happy with results for each vitamins.

Taugenichts:

I think your are eating to0 much vitamins... IMO... any effects?

G

okami said:
Yeah I will keep updating. I will add some vitamins on my regimen. First of all I will try silica in few months and see if I get any good results. And so on... MSM, Green tea etc. Vitamins by vitamins and make you guys happy with results for each vitamins.

Taugenichts:

I think your are eating to0 much vitamins... IMO... any effects?

I am not sure whether the vitamins may have slowed down the inevitable a bit or not. I also take most vitamins for general health.