Ok, where can I get estimates on HM?

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
Most places say HM will be available within 5 years, but in here you guys are pushing it to 10-30 years. Hell some of you say never! So what's with the doubts?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Doubts come from dubious results posted by companies like Intercytex on their press releases. I don't think there's anyone who can give you a time estimate of a procedure that hasn't yet been proven to work as desired. If someone claims they can, don't trust them. They're trying to sell you something.

If anyone here can show me otherwise, I'd be glad to be corrected. Definite results would be welcomed.

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
monitoradiation said:
Doubts come from dubious results posted by companies like Intercytex on their press releases. I don't think there's anyone who can give you a time estimate of a procedure that hasn't yet been proven to work as desired. If someone claims they can, don't trust them. They're trying to sell you something.

If anyone here can show me otherwise, I'd be glad to be corrected. Definite results would be welcomed.

You think 5 years could be a reality or that's way off?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
monitoradiation said:
... I don't think there's anyone who can give you a time estimate of a procedure that hasn't yet been proven to work as desired. If someone claims they can, don't trust them.

I think I've stated my opinion on this matter.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the skepticism comes from the fact that HM has been "5 years away" for way more than 5 years already. "5 years away" seems to be the estimate companies give when they have a basis of a technology, but haven't yet developed it into a working product. There's no guarantee that they will ever turn it into a working product.

Still, I'm hopeful. There's a lot of stem cell discoveries happening left and right these days.

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
Well there goes my plan to never see the dark days of being bald! I'm 22 y/o NW2 but the first inch into my hairline and the middle especially has early hair loss. I started Propecia almost 5 months ago (no results yet but exactly the same since I started). I was thinking since Propecia works for most men about 5 years, and HM would come out in 5 years then I could get that right after. Well looks like I won't achieve this dream unless Propecia can help me more then 5 years.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up hope on Propecia just yet; you've only been on it for 4 months. I've only just recently started too, and sometimes not seeing results right away can be hard. But I think about how silly it is to be judged solely on a million strands of keratin and I feel better instantly.

1) Just because you haven't gained doesn't mean you won't;
2) You might have halted your loss and are currently in maintenance mode, in which case adding to your regimen after a few more months may give you the growth you desire;
3) There are a lot of other therapies currently being developed by many companies;
4) HM, if possible, could be ludicrously expensive. Just think Bosley + new technique and my best guess is an astronomical credit card bill that you might have to take out a mortgage for. We might not even be able to pay for it. Maybe you are rich, but I'm not.

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
I don't doubt that Propecia won't work. There is a reason you gotta give it a full year to get its benefits. What I'm afraid is how long it will work!? I kno 80-90% of men are still good after 5 years but 10-20% is a lot of people! As for the HM price, well I have tons of credit cards lol and HM is one thing I would pay as much as I could!

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'd start looking at other things you could be adding to your regimen. As many on these forums have said, you're only on 1 of potentially 4 or 5 viable medications which may work in synergy to give you the results you want. There are a few posts I've seen here that stated that Rogaine itself only maintained for them, Proscar itself maintained for them; when they used them together, they had good results. So look around the forum for treatments you might want to add.

And oh. 10-20% statistics is something I'm willing wait on. There are a few treatments in the pipeline, like I've said earlier. So don't hedge your bets on HM. Some treatments sound better than HM anyway; they use stemcells so that you'd grow your own follicles. Now we don't know the efficacies of any of these treatments, but they're at least being developed and a competition is going on right now. The first to come up with a cure will dominate the industry and potentially get billions of dollars every year.

So cross your fingers that it might be soon; but don't BET anything on it. Pretend that a cure's not going to come soon, and protect what you have with proven treatments.

mr_xxxplosive

Reaction score
There really is only 2 meds out there for male pattern baldness! Propecia and Rogaine and Propecia being the much more effective one. Sure Rogaine used in combo with Propecia can give you better results but Rogaine gotta be applied 2x daily and is a pain in the *** and many will agree :thumbdown2: And the results you got from Rogaine are independent from Propecia which means you stop Rogaine you lose whatever it gave you. As for other stuff out there, there are not clinically proven and a lot of them are bullshit although they may work for you but I would not count on them!

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
mr_xxxplosive said:
There really is only 2 meds out there for male pattern baldness! Propecia and Rogaine and Propecia being the much more effective one. Sure Rogaine used in combo with Propecia can give you better results but Rogaine gotta be applied 2x daily and is a pain in the *** and many will agree ... there are not clinically proven and a lot of them are bullshit although they may work for you but I would not count on them!

You'll find many people on these forums digging up research papers dealing with hairloss; not all of the results of these studies become successful enough to be made into a drug on their own. You've got to realize that efficacies of different treatments are different and based on potential income, some medications never get to the general public. Since you're on these forums, you might as well read up on the alternatives and become more informed of your options, should Propecia and Rogaine not work for you.

If you feel no need to further investigate other alternatives nor read the information posted, please don't waste your time and ours on this forum. I mean no hostility; your goals and that of the forum is fundamentally incompatible.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
I got excited about intercytex and what not with all the "promising results" coming in. When they updated their studies, they basically said nothing new. I am just going to continue propecia and rogaine and accept the fact that I'll still continue to recede.

As far as when HM will arrive.... I'm in a "I'll believe it when I see it" mindset. 5 years, 10 years, whenever, never.... pfft.... I'm over it.

Instead, I'll just work on attaining an amazing body (har har) to counter the hair thing maybe.

HairLossTom

Reaction score
mr_xxxplosive said:
Most places say HM will be available within 5 years, but in here you guys are pushing it to 10-30 years. Hell some of you say never! So what's with the doubts?

My boss used to tell me that if my estimates were over a certain period of time, I really didn't know what the f#@k I was doing and only had a general overview of the problem, but really didn't have anything close to a solution. This is why you keep seeing the 5 year time frame mentioned.

I think they will keep pushing it back another 5 years to get more funding, but they really don't have any solutions. I'd REALLY like to think otherwise, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's an absolute disgrace the way we can clone sheep, fly to the moon, create all of this technology, develop complex drugs etc but humans cannot clone a hair follicle ... they can't clone a hair follicle. Intercytex and Follica geeky scientists need to stop wan*ing on internet p**rn sites and playing WOW and get their f***ing acts together.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
:) Come on guys, show some optimism! We have good reasons to believe that the cure is near and there have been results already: Propecia does work for most men and things will get even better in the near future.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure Propecia "works" for most men, but at what cost? A lot of us want a full head of hair to attract women to satisfy our sex drives. The point isn't to take propecia so that it depletes our sex drives to maintain what we have... kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

(Not saying that you need a full head of hair to attract women by ANY means)

Honestly, since the recent acquisition of ICX, I'm starting to have more hope in HM.

mastery

Reaction score
I think it's fairly evident that HM is going to be the silver bullet for hair loss. The research that is going on with stem cells and there cababilities is very promising indeed.

Every few weeks a new story comes out about the power of stem cells to rejuvinate other dead cells. They are talking about regrowing limbs and other body parts!

Problem is when waiting for technology to come out - it is often like asking how long is a piece of string. Somethings come out very quickly, others take a lot longer. Nobody really knows

All we can do is hope that it will be sooner rather than later and just pray that someone makes a breakthrough very soon. If they do they will be very rich indeed. I hope that is enough of an incentive...

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
mastery said:
I think it's fairly evident that HM is going to be the silver bullet for hair loss. The research that is going on with stem cells and there cababilities is very promising indeed.

Every few weeks a new story comes out about the power of stem cells to rejuvinate other dead cells. They are talking about regrowing limbs and other body parts!

Problem is when waiting for technology to come out - it is often like asking how long is a piece of string. Somethings come out very quickly, others take a lot longer. Nobody really knows

All we can do is hope that it will be sooner rather than later and just pray that someone makes a breakthrough very soon. If they do they will be very rich indeed. I hope that is enough of an incentive...

Super! Stem cells, those promising cure all buggers infected by an administration that clung to so called "morals" and world domination while bastardizing science. Maybe now that we have a new president, we can start science up again so in 50 years (when I'm dead or close to it) intercytex is a thriving company growing hair on rodents bungholes.

Ahh yes optimism at it's best.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Kube8 said:
Super! Stem cells, those promising cure all buggers infected by an administration that clung to so called "morals" and world domination while bastardizing science. Maybe now that we have a new president, we can start science up again so in 50 years (when I'm dead or close to it) intercytex is a thriving company growing hair on rodents bungholes.

Ahh yes optimism at it's best.

I laughed so hard reading that. Good stuff.