ok! time for the truth about the ZIX FORMULA!

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hi friends, i want to know now from the ZIX and SUPER ZIX users if this treatment is really resulting? and for how long you are taking this and how it is resulting? please answeer this question... to all users know something about this formlula.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have used Zix before and I do use Zix now. I make a triple strength Zix with about 20% alcohol added. I like it. There is some scientific evidence that Zinc is beneficial for Androgenetic Alopecia, and from experience I think it does help produce vellous hairs, plus also reduce the common shedding associated with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I do not use it as a stand alone and do not advocate using it as a stand alone. I also use finasteride, Min, nizoral and Emu Oil/Beta Sitosterol topical.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
blaze said:
I have used Zix before and I do use Zix now.. . . .

I've been recommending Zix to newbies for a long time. I just like the whole idea behind it.

I've been using a zix shampoo for a few months (H&S w/ Aloe, plus B6 + caffeine) - and I think when I get paid tomorrow I'm going to break down and buy the zinc sulfate and dig up distilled water.

So - sometime next week, I'll be starting on the classic zix formula.

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
blaze said:

I've been recommending Zix to newbies for a long time. I just like the whole idea behind it.

I've been using a zix shampoo for a few months (H&S w/ Aloe, plus B6 + caffeine) - and I think when I get paid tomorrow I'm going to break down and buy the zinc sulfate and dig up distilled water.

hi hair_tomorrow

topically use minoxidil & zink ?
don't you worry for Intercurrent between zink and minoxidil ?
:!:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
testohate said:
hair_tomorrow said:
blaze said:

hi hair_tomorrow

topically use minoxidil & zink ?
don't you worry for Intercurrent between zink and minoxidil ?
:!:

Actually - the word is that minoxidil and zix work well together. Apply the zix first, according to Joe, wait 5 min and then apply your minoxidil.

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
testohate said:
http://www.minoxidil.com[/url]. Since you wash the head and shoulders out, there's no problem...but those that use zinc on their head as suppliments... that's where the problem happens. It reacts with minoxidil creating impenetrable salts rendering topicals ineffective. Just what i read however...might not be 100% accurate. [/color]

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
hi sir
my friend , what 's your opinion about this text

Zinc and minoxidil react with eachother effectively cancelling each other out

Well, check out Dr. Lee's site. http://www.minoxidil.com. Since you wash the head and shoulders out, there's no problem...but those that use zinc on their head as suppliments... that's where the problem happens. It reacts with minoxidil creating impenetrable salts rendering topicals ineffective. Just what i read however...might not be 100% accurate.

Hi Test - the cancelling out of zinc and minoxidil is exactly why guys don't add zix ingredients dierectly to their ozbrew (although I know for a fact that a few forum members do :)

The trick is to not combine the 2 products -but apply them separately. This is first-hand experience (not mine) from a guy who's been doing this for awhile.

I'm willing to give it a shot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Update . . . . . . .

This was the paycheck that I was going to get my alpecin and start on zix - but ended up blowing my wad and doing some one-stop shopping (internals) at vitacost.com (DAMN - forgot the DIM).

Anyway - guess I'll be sticking w/ my caffeineted zix shamoo for awhile longer.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
ok guys! thancks for the repplies! but i need more repplies! to make this subject very clear for anyone. IS THIS ZIX USEFULL?

lmdavies

Reaction score
I have been using Zix and minoxidil for three months and within a very short space of time (i.e. couple of weeks), shedding completely stopped, I mean that I lose no hair in shower, when I rub my scalp, on the pillow etc I just wish that I tried the one product first as I do not know which one is doing its job, or even if it just stopped anyway due to some hair cycle. Zix also acts as an excellent cosmetic thickener and its so cheap to make.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
KipWinger said:
ok guys! thancks for the repplies! but i need more repplies! to make this subject very clear for anyone. IS THIS ZIX USEFULL?

There are numerous zix success stories. I still plan on trying it soon.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Watery Jizm said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":f74a2]
KipWinger said:

There are numerous zix success stories. I still plan on trying it soon.

Sorry to go off-topic, but hair transplant, how's the regimen going? Your loss is (probably) closer to mine than most on here...[/quote:f74a2]

Hi W.J. -

my regimen's going OK. Everything's do-able and I seem to be maintaining OK. New topical additions include retin-a cream every other day, and a daily dose of emu oil before my xandrox15 at bedtime.

It's been a full 8 months on 1 mg finasteride eod - and this was the time frame I was really hoping to see some regrowth. I might be seeing a few vellus hairs popping up along the front hair-line - but no dramtic regrowth.

I remain optimistic.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I just bought the super Zix 2 indregienrts. My question is this: do I apply it before or after minoxidil? Will it hinder the absorption of it? Thanks!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing, I've been promoting zix as I feel like it lost its appeal over the past decade. For me though, it's been a total lifesaver. @imdavies thanks for the update, and same with @hair_tomorrow. Btw how do u mix your h&s, what proportions, and what are your results?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Zix and minoxidil for three months and within a very short space of time (i.e. couple of weeks), shedding completely stopped, I mean that I lose no hair in shower, when I rub my scalp, on the pillow etc I just wish that I tried the one product first as I do not know which one is doing its job, or even if it just stopped anyway due to some hair cycle. Zix also acts as an excellent cosmetic thickener and its so cheap to make.

Well according to @JWM2, his friend uses both, and every once in a while stops using zix, at which point he starts shedding and thinning again. So I suspect zix is working for you.

How much would you say your hair has improved?

Thanks!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing, I've been promoting zix as I feel like it lost its appeal over the past decade. For me though, it's been a total lifesaver. @imdavies thanks for the update, and same with @hair_tomorrow. Btw how do u mix your h&s, what proportions, and what are your results?
What positive effects has it had for you? How many times a day and how did you use? Have you been using other topicals, and oral treatments? I have ordered some after reading these rave reviews. I’m glad to hear more positive things. Feel free to DM me if that’s easier

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
What positive effects has it had for you? How many times a day and how did you use? Have you been using other topicals, and oral treatments? I have ordered some after reading these rave reviews. I’m glad to hear more positive things. Feel free to DM me if that’s easier

I started the big zix thread on this forum under alternative treatments, where I detailed my experience. I started it because it worked so well for me, when the creator of zix was blasted off another hair loss site by pro finasteride posters not believing it. His name is Joe, and created website to share his formula and science behind his creation. There were many back then who had amazing results, but for some reason it lost its momentum.

Basically I stopped using finasteride and minoxidil, and was shedding massively experiencing diffuse thinning/balding. I went from shedding 100+ hairs in the shower down to 10-15 hairs after starting it. I started using it about 13 years ago and have maintained most of my density. I have still receded some and don't have the same head of hair I once did, I am confident I would have been bald years ago without zix.

You can see pics on my thread. Cheers.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started the big zix thread on this forum under alternative treatments, where I detailed my experience. I started it because it worked so well for me, when the creator of zix was blasted off another hair loss site by pro finasteride posters not believing it. His name is Joe, and created website to share his formula and science behind his creation. There were many back then who had amazing results, but for some reason it lost its momentum.

Basically I stopped using finasteride and minoxidil, and was shedding massively experiencing diffuse thinning/balding. I went from shedding 100+ hairs in the shower down to 10-15 hairs after starting it. I started using it about 13 years ago and have maintained most of my density. I have still receded some and don't have the same head of hair I once did, I am confident I would have been bald years ago without zix.

You can see pics on my thread. Cheers.
That makes me so happy to read, and thanks for replying. I’m exciting to be the first woman that I know of to try it! I will read your thread. Thanks so much :)