ok so whats with ALL THIS talk about shedding?

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I am confused here. EVeryone keeps looking for their hair to NOT fall out in order to see if their hair is progressing or not. BUT HOW ON EARTH ARe we suppose to know weather or not the amount of hair we shed has gotten less WITHOUT WEARING A HAIR NET around our heads 24/7????? ALSO OK OVEr the passesd MOnths MY HAIR HAS IMPROVED BUT the amount of hairs i shed SEEMS to be the exact same as before! as I STILLL LOOSE hairs. Isnt it normal to be loosing hairs? and shouldnt we be looking for overall improvment??? I mean they say a normal amount of hair loss is 50 or so hairs a day does that CHANGE at all if we are progressing and revesing hair loss?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can tell that fewer hairs are falling out by looking the sink after I blow dry my hair. And now there are no hairs on my hands when I shampoo.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
Ok I am confused here. EVeryone keeps looking for their hair to NOT fall out in order to see if their hair is progressing or not. BUT HOW ON EARTH ARe we suppose to know weather or not the amount of hair we shed has gotten less WITHOUT WEARING A HAIR NET around our heads 24/7????? ALSO OK OVEr the passesd MOnths MY HAIR HAS IMPROVED BUT the amount of hairs i shed SEEMS to be the exact same as before! as I STILLL LOOSE hairs. Isnt it normal to be loosing hairs? and shouldnt we be looking for overall improvment??? I mean they say a normal amount of hair loss is 50 or so hairs a day does that CHANGE at all if we are progressing and revesing hair loss?

You should get that CAps loCK key checked out. Seems its on the fritz.

Everyone "looses" hair every day. Estimates are at around 100, I hear. Anyway, if you cut your hair shorter, you won't notice shedding as much, if at all.

Also, this is probably more appropriate for the "Men's General Hair Loss Discussion" forum.