OK now im scared!!!

deckard2080

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've been using propecia on and off for about 6 years. Almost 7. Now i'm hearing about these new law suits happening with merck..Ive never been affected by any side effects. now there is the website that says there are other symptons when you stop taking the drug. Its called post finesteradie syndrome or something.

I havent been taking for about a month maybe more. Ive gone off it for a few months here and there. But regulalry taking it for all this time.

Im really scared. Are these effects true. Will you be effected even if you have no sides. I've never had any problems with erection, sperm or sex drive. I think i have more sex drive now.

Please.

Thanks.

Darke

Reaction score
I feel like there's a lot of fear mongering going on with Propecia. All I can say is that I have been using it regularly, non-stop for more than 7 years and have never had any problem getting an erection or performing sexually.

deckard2080

Reaction score
Hey Tabris

Really. Have you ever stopped? And how old are you? I'm really freaking out over here. I mean. I've never really had any problems.

KnowHair

Reaction score
deckard2080

Relax.... Took Finasteride for the last 13 years non-stop. 35 y.o. now. No issues. What other drug has the same record?

ding30

Reaction score
I took finasteride for about 2 years. I stopped taking it 5 years ago and maintained quite well with minoxidil - but obviously still (slowly) losing my hair.

In the last 3 months the loss has been noticeable.

My advice to you if you are that worried then give it a break for an extended period of time. Keep up minoxidil and other treatments you are doing.

I was looking to jump back on finasteride, but I am very very reluctant to touch the stuff now after hearing all the other horror stories. Lets hope someone brings out something similar to finasteride but in topical format SOON!!

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
You all should be scared about whether your going to go bald not about the quality of your next erection. If you care more about erections then consider yourself lucky. I am taking oral spironolactone now to fix my hairline. You have to do what you have to do. We have male pattern baldness. It sucks and are treatments suck, but not because they effect erection quality rather, they suck because they don't work that well on the regrowth end. If I could go back 5-6 years I would have myself castrated maybe. Again, you have to do what you have to do.

deckard2080

Reaction score
I am. I have no side effects. with libido or erectile function. I am stopping. Does anyone know about this post finesteride syndrome and if there is any truth to it at all.

I will be visiting my doctor on monday.

Darke

Reaction score
deckard2080 said:
Hey Tabris

Really. Have you ever stopped? And how old are you? I'm really freaking out over here. I mean. I've never really had any problems.

I have been on Merck branded Propecia from the US for over 7 years, since 2004. I have never stopped taking it and I think in over 7 years I have only missed a couple doses. I started Propecia when I was 25 and I am now almost 33. I do not see myself stopping any time in the future.

I have never had erectile problems in my life. I wonder if the reported erectile problems are from older men who naturally have problems anyways. I'm sure there are outliers, but I feel like the risk is worth the reward.

Plus there's v****.

deckard2080

Reaction score
its almost the same timeline i've been on. Yea, i mean. It just really freaked me out. Do you know anything of this finesteride syndrome? I think that's what really worried me. How has you dht leves been. And you're testostorone level's?

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
You all should be scared about whether your going to go bald not about the quality of your next erection. If you care more about erections then consider yourself lucky. I am taking oral spironolactone now to fix my hairline. You have to do what you have to do. We have male pattern baldness. It sucks and are treatments suck, but not because they effect erection quality rather, they suck because they don't work that well on the regrowth end. If I could go back 5-6 years I would have myself castrated maybe. Again, you have to do what you have to do.

Speak for yourself, not everyone else. I mean, i can understand why YOU would place hair above having normal sexual functioning but most men simply cannot even fathom having erection and/ or sex drive issues below 40-50.

You take finasteride and spironolactone right? that's a pretty good transgender regimen right there so it's a good jobs you don't care about normal sexual functioning.

http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/ ... gimens.asp

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
monitoring DHT and T levels is pointless unless u got baseline levels b4 u started finasteride.

Darke

Reaction score
deckard2080 said:
its almost the same timeline i've been on. Yea, i mean. It just really freaked me out. Do you know anything of this finesteride syndrome? I think that's what really worried me. How has you dht leves been. And you're testostorone level's?

I've never had anything like that tested. My doctor didn't think it was necessary when she first prescribed me Propecia.

ding30

Reaction score
Cool it,

If you haven't had sides whilst on the drug what makes u think u will when its completely removed from your system.

As far as I am aware its the sides when you are on it that can still b there after.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
deckard2080 said:
I am. I have no side effects. with libido or erectile function. I am stopping. Does anyone know about this post finesteride syndrome and if there is any truth to it at all.

I will be visiting my doctor on monday.

I do not even pretend to comprehend why you would do this.

You say "I hear that you can have problems if you stop finasteride!" then you say "I'm going to stop finasteride because I'm so scared!" WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?!?!?

How about if you just stay on finasteride since you've had no problems with it and it seems to have worked for you!?? Why would you go off it in the first place?

Also, stop freaking out about something that has a very small chance of happening. Calm down, relax, and continue what you were doing. You'll (have a 99.5% chance of) be(ing) fine!