Ok, it is official: hair loss has made me crazy!! (no joke)

G

Hey guys, this is no exaggeration, but hair loss has brought me into the madhouse. This is no joke!!!

Hair loss has caused me terrible depressions, they were that terrible that my psychiatrist advised me to go into a medical clinic in order to get a proper treatment with medications and therapies. But I refused, I didn´t want to go. Why? They don´t allow you to take your own drugs there which is a problem for someone on finasteride. But that was not the end of the story. My psychiatrist arranged a hospitalisation in a psychiatry without me knowing of it. Only my mother knew it. So, on monday morning about two weeks ago there were suddenly two persons of the Red Cross ringing the bell. Of course I was totally surprised, but I knew that there was no way to escape them. If I had refused to go with them they probably had kept me at a later date with bracelets. Ok, so I went with them. Luckily, I somehow grabbed my finpecia before I left and was brought to the psychiatry. But the doctors there didn´t allow me to take them on my own. Isn´t this nice? Someone is worried about hair loss and then they start to take away his finasteride..... :hairy: So I started a hunger strike which lasted about one and a half day until the doctor gave up and allowed me to take 1mg of finasteride every day.

Well, for being honest I had to get a professional treatment for my depressions in a hospital even before my hair loss became noticeable. But being in a madhouse is really hard to deal with. I mean the people there are truly crazy. Apart from that life there is very boring. Since the power supply of my laptop is broken I have only little to do. I am listening to my ipod all the day. The drugs I get against my depressions are quite good, I am feeling less suicidal at the moment even though they make me very tired. I was allowed to go home this morning until sunday night. Overall I will stay there further 2-3 weeks.

HughJass

Reaction score
have you ever considered that maybe your depression is a lot more than just your hairloss?

i have depression and anxiety as well........having hairloss just feels like the iceing on the cake, one more thing to be worried about, but i know my probs run a lot deeper than just losing hair, im sure yours do too

i hope you get better soon mate

G

hey aussieavodart,

Yes, i have always had problems. But hair loss definetly is the worst thing that ever happened to me. All my other problems (depressions, avoidant personality disorder, body dismorphobic disorder,.....) seem so ridiculous compared to male pattern baldness. If I could just get rid of male pattern baldness I would live a totally different life, but this probably won´t happen.....

Good Luck to you as well!

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeez man.. i mean depression and hair loss go hand in hand. you will never meet a young balding person who isnt depressed about his hair loss. but you must have really been on the verge of killing yourself or else your doctor would not have taken such serious steps.

and yes, when looking back all those other stupid and gay mental issues pale in comparison when something truly bad is bestowed upon you. Im not ridiculing your problems or saying hair loss is cancer, but to young people losing your hair is devastating.

hopefully if hair multiplication pans out one day, youll get your hair back and cherish every minute of your life rather than hating yourself like you did even when u had hair.

good luck

G

Thank you so much for your kind words, JayB. Even though I wish nothing but the best for all of us, it is really helpful that i am not the only person in the world suffering from hair loss. I have also read quite a few of your posts and seen that we are in a similiar situation with hair loss and depressions walking hand in hand.
When HM actually comes out my life will kick off and I will be a totally different person and I hope the same for you.

For now I will try to fix my depressions and concentrate on my career.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jesus, Tauge, I thought I hadn't seen you round here lately. It's terrible, I sympathise. Sometimes I feel I'm not so far from it myself.

At least maybe you have a safe place for a while - somewhere you can hide and come to terms with it all. And you might come out stronger.

This world is a f*****g awful place - I was completely humilated by some stupid woman today - I was at this function and when we came back after lunch she refused to sit beside me, and took a seat on the other side of the room and everybody knew and I just looked at the floor for the rest of the day because everybody knew I'd been humiliated, even though they didn't know why. sh*t, I don't know why. I was like, is this because of my hair loss? Do I smell? Am I some sort of f*****g alien? Am I not pretentious enough?

When I came home & told my family they said it was all my fault (!!!) because I'm not the easiest person to get along with since I started losing my hair. I just said, thanks, thanks guys, for your support. But apparently that was just more nastiness from me.

I just can't cope with this sh*t anymore.

CCS

Reaction score
this just shows why it is so important not to say you are going to kill yourself unless you actually plan to do it. once you say you will, you lose your rights and they can come get you. maybe it was good in your case. if i saw those people outside my peephole, i'd block the door with the couch, grab my wallet, keys, cell phone, cell charger, and books and backpack and climb down all four balconies, if they had no one down there. I'm very athletic like that and have climbed balconies before. I'd then ride my bike to the bank, withdraw all my money, give it to my boss to hold for me, and stay at a friend's house and continue going to class. I doubt they would look for me there. I'd then just talk to them on the phone and threaten a law suit, or get a free lawyer if necesary.

CCS

Reaction score
funny how i forgot my hair meds on that list.

I would also want one extra pair of pants and an extra shirt and flip flops. Most likely they would have someone down there watching the balcony, though. it would probably be easier to get my stuff ready open the door, and spray the two guys with pepper spray and exit the normal way.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
kinda funny..my best friend just told me she had been thinking about the same thing.
admitting me to a hospital.

depression is a b**ch.

spank her!

I hope you recover and come out of it as a stronger person.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
I thought that kind of things only happened to me. But after all it happens to some of us.
Some people really like to take us down. That's why we have to think that this is a war. We have to give the same side of a coin.

Thanks, IBM. You are right - sometimes is it a war and you have to find out who your enemies are before you can find out who your friends are. I can get the b**ch back tomorrow, and I will. BIG TIME.

If she shows up, please God, have her show up so I can...(edited because I got a bit carried away unfortunately, but fill in the blanks yourself).

Tauge, I know this is your thread and I'm butting in, so that's it. Remember, we're all hoping for you.

Those guys who shrug off hair loss should take a good look at what it's doing to the rest of us. They must have inner resouces or something. I don't know. Hat goes on, hat stays on.

CCS

Reaction score
IBM, I don't think the author needs a diet. judging by his face, i'd say he is not overweight at all.

when i go out with friends, they always order unhealthy food and want me to eat it too. i just order what is healthy and they ask me all kinds of questions, and tell me that one time won't hurt. i don't know what their problem is, but i never give in. I'd feel very bad if i let them win.

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
Those guys who shrug off hair loss should take a good look at what it's doing to the rest of us. They must have inner resouces or something. I don't know. Hat goes on, hat stays on.

Why not take the hat off? Why not wear a wig for your own enjoyment? Why not shave it off entirely? Why not take a green sharpie and scribble all over your forehead?

Why do you even give a f***? Because society and other people apparently do?

f*** that.

You will never get through hairloss much less anything being so self-conscious. You guys need to stop allowing other people to control you and how you feel. You should be the only one dictating your feelings--not outside social influences which are hardly realistic anyways.

This whole thing comes down to a social acceptance issue. If the balding gene for some reason was viewed as super attractive physical feature-- we would all be in heaven. Unfortunately, its not, but it shouldnt matter either way.

I think it would help if a lot of us simply stopped caring what other people thought about us to a much higher degree than we do now. Its easier said than done, but required to live a full, regret free life.

If we dont do that, what is going to happen is that we will look back on this sh*t in 10 years and see how retarded we were for not even trying.

So get out there and try. If you get sh*t from people because of hair, well fark them. Most of you seem smart enough to realize that such idiots wouldnt be worth having any sort of social interaction with anyways.

G

tchehov said:
Jesus, Tauge, I thought I hadn't seen you round here lately. It's terrible, I sympathise. Sometimes I feel I'm not so far from it myself.

At least maybe you have a safe place for a while - somewhere you can hide and come to terms with it all. And you might come out stronger.

This world is a f****ing awful place - I was completely humilated by some stupid woman today - I was at this function and when we came back after lunch she refused to sit beside me, and took a seat on the other side of the room and everybody knew and I just looked at the floor for the rest of the day because everybody knew I'd been humiliated, even though they didn't know why. $#iT, I don't know why. I was like, is this because of my hair loss? Do I smell? Am I some sort of f****ing alien? Am I not pretentious enough?

When I came home & told my family they said it was all my fault (!!!) because I'm not the easiest person to get along with since I started losing my hair. I just said, thanks, thanks guys, for your support. But apparently that was just more nastiness from me.

I just can't cope with this $#iT anymore.

Nice you were actually missing me. :lol: I have made similiar experiences with women. For example when I am in a train and there is just one seat left next to me, they rather prefer to stand than sitting next to me. Similiar thing happened at the university when the only empty chair was next to me but the girl rather left the room instead of sitting next to me. I also wonder why they do this? Am I ugly? Is it my minor acne? I don´t know and this results in another ruined day and deep depressions.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, if a woman looks good and can get a better looking guy, then she is not worth any social intereaction with.

It is not a question of whether you care what other people think. It is a question of what they think dictating whether they want to have sex with you. Want to tell us to ignore our sex drive and find our own happiness? Fark that.

G

IBM said:
Taugenichts you should do some diet. You'll feel much better.

lol, I am. I probably have an eating disorder as well......

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in regards to the not sitting next to you aspect...i think people can sense a sense of desparation in humans. its almost like you wear your emotion on your sleeve. i see it happen to people where they almost signal the person to please sit down next to them whether with body language or over agressive pleading eye contact. its really unattractive, especially to females and come on man, they pick up on that immediately.
if you just sat there and didnt give a f*** i doubt they would give a sh*t sitting next to you. think about it, its really not a big issue here.

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
yeah, if a woman looks good and can get a better looking guy, then she is not worth any social intereaction with.

It is not a question of whether you care what other people think. It is a question of what they think dictating whether they want to have sex with you. Want to tell us to ignore our sex drive and find our own happiness? Fark that.

Life shouldnt revolve around sticking your penis into a vag. If you stop obsessing about that--it will come to you. No, dont ignore it, but dont act rediculously timid and anxious because of it. If ya do that, then you have already shot yourself down with having any kind of interaction with a good portion of ladies.

CCS

Reaction score
I did not say you should be timid. i said you will be unhappy if you can't have a pretty girlfriend.

If you think it is just a state of mind, then put some dog poop in your mouth and tell me if you can make yourself not bothered by that and be happy.