oily scalp

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what can i do to reduce an oily scalp even when i have a buzzed cut which is what i have right now .......... every 10min i need to get a paper towel and press onto my head to get the oil out ................im using propecia and nizoral

zefrench

Reaction score
I had really oily scalp but after about 4months in propecia it was less oily plus i used minoxidil which dries my hair and scalp.I also tried low dose of accutane and it did nothing good.

Don't over use nizoral it could irritated and worsen your condition i thinhk that twice a week is fine and use a mild shampoo every other day.My scalp is still a bit oily but more manageable

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Get a bottle of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ("with Mother"). The Jarrows and Braggs brands comes to mind.

Dump some on your head in the shower. (Keep it out of your eyes). Shampoo right on top of it and let sit for a few minutes.

Rinse w/ cool water.

Might take several applications before you notice any difference.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it works better when you use it as a rinse after the shampoo then together with shampoo

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
zefrench said:
I had really oily scalp but after about 4months in propecia it was less oily [...]

Same here. Finasteride saved my hair AND improved the appearance of my scalp - i.e. it is less greasy now. To me, Proscar was a god's send.

I seriously doubt that any shampoo or topical lotion will solve this problem, this is a hormonal thing.