Oh So You're Still Thinning/receding On finasteride After 6 Months?

g.i joey

Reaction score
are you still losing ground after 6 months?

Looks like it man, got a haircut today and doesn't look good. if I'm really just maintaining it's sad how it's made 0 difference in my hairs aesthetic look. No healthier hairs nothing... also march 5th marked 6 months. I take it 3-5x a week and I'm usually making it 5x, I really doubt the 2 days off are hindering any gains I should be making... the only thing that keeps me optimistic is that my shedding has been cut to half of what it was the first 5 months. Still doesn't change the fact that i feel like I've lost ground but can't confirm it.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
This actually worries me a bit...I've been on Costco's finasteride for 3 years and have lost a tremendous amount of hair on it. I don't see why it would be any different though, because they are essentially the same drugs.

zortbork

My Regimen
Reaction score
This actually worries me a bit...I've been on Costco's finasteride for 3 years and have lost a tremendous amount of hair on it. I don't see why it would be any different though, because they are essentially the same drugs.
actavis? have u tried camber before?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
actavis? have u tried camber before?
Nah I've only used actavis. They're a subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceuticals, which is like the biggest generic pharmaceutical company. Can't see them selling sugar pills.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Camber has worked so well for me too. Actually I was on two generics that both worked the same and very well. I doubt the Costco brand that you're on is any different. Finasteride is finasteride. It is cheap to make too so no one really would fake it. 7 months on the drug is still too early to assess how well it's going to work for you.

To @dralex , that sucks that finasteride is not working well for you. The studies do show that there is a minority of men who don't respond as well to the drug. Hopefully you're hair loss stabilizes at some point while on the drug and if your hair is not looking good at that point then you can rebuild via hair transplants. I would never get off finasteride if I were you because it could be slowing it down to only stabilize it in the future.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Camber has worked so well for me too. Actually I was on two generics that both worked the same and very well. I doubt the Costco brand that you're on is any different. Finasteride is finasteride. It is cheap to make too so no one really would fake it. 7 months on the drug is still too early to assess how well it's going to work for you.

To @dralex , that sucks that finasteride is not working well for you. The studies do show that there is a minority of men who don't respond as well to the drug. Hopefully you're hair loss stabilizes at some point while on the drug and if your hair is not looking good at that point then you can rebuild via hair transplants. I would never get off finasteride if I were you because it could be slowing it down to only stabilize it in the future.
I don't think I will ever get a transplant. Too expensive/risky. And I am not going to get off finasteride. I have no side effects, so no reason to quit. It is possible it is doing something, just not nearly as much as I had expected/would have liked. I was fortunate enough to catch my hair loss pretty early (NW2), but unfortunately finasteride couldn't get the job done, and I am continuing to lose ground big time. Still have no bald spot on the crown, so thats a plus, but diffusing and receding badly. I am going to try to get a prescription for duta during my next derm appointment. Will see how that goes.