Oh NO ! Hair is thinning more : (

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn guys. I just noticed my hair is thinning more in an area I never even noticed thinning before. I'm currently on rogaine, nizoral and castor oil. I'm not a good candidate for finasteride mainly in that i'm a hypochondriac.

I'm really stressing out, I want to take finasteride or even dutasteride so badly but I know I would end up regretting it regardless of sides.

Would love to hear some suggestions. I'm looking into S5 cream. I've heard mixed reviews about it but basically i'm really looking for some sort of anti-androgen without even the possibility of sides (maybe an oxy-moron). I'm also thinking about derma-rolling and setipiprant.

Thanks for any tips guys,
: (

shookwun

Reaction score
.:worthless:

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is pretty short at the moment so it's hard for me to show the thinning area. When I take pictures it generally comes out uniformly thin. However I have been OCD looking at my hair for the past few months and have definitely noticed some more thinning in the middle of my f*cking head ! I've attached a picture to try and somewhat explain what I mean.

What sucks is that I'm probably destined to bald really severely since it's the area right smack in the middle of my head.

But yeah all tips are welcomes and appreciated.

Attachments

• Results 2 month.png
    Results 2 month.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 287

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dermarolling does help. I've grown some (like one or two) terminal hairs at my NW0 hairline site. I've also been using S5, so I suggest you jump on it. I've had absolutely no sides.

No, dont expect miraculous results.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bruh. How long have you been on S5 for? I'm more concerned about the Androgenetic Alopecia angle at the moment as opposed to the growth stimulant factor. I actually noticed really decent thickening with Rogaine + nizoral. However I really just want to protect my poor follicles from DHT.

Also if anyone needs a "M" letter stencil, my hairline is available : )

shookwun

Reaction score
Where is the hair loss? Did you self-diagnose yourself or did a professional?

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
I see no hairloss!

Where is the hair loss? Did you self-diagnose yourself or did a professional?

I wish boys! I actually have been diagnosed with male pattern baldness before. That picture doesn't shown the thinning so much. However I'm more a receding hairline sufferer. That angle is also probably doing me favours. It's more obvious from the front, I have a pretty defined pronounced "M" hairline.

low dose propecia that b**ch, like .25 or .5

Man I want to so bad. I just know how OCD-hypochondriac I would be. I would get a soft-erection out of nowhere and think I've phucked up my life.

Well I guess I should try and get on some S5 cream? It worries me that the oral form of spironolactone is used in male to female transformations. But I guess really my only options are to do finasteride/dutasteride or S5. Thanks for the input guys!

shookwun

Reaction score
Good on your part for attacking the problem early.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I actually would have done something WAY earlier (when I was 18) if I wouldn't have been so stupid and think that my hairline would be the exact same as my brothers. That's why when people say stuff like "oh my brother , cousin, dad has this sort of hair" I think it's dangerous. I waited 4 years in blissful ignorance thinking "it will be exactly like my older brothers hairline" haha.

g.i joey

Reaction score
its all good man, i too thought i couldve won the battle with just minoxidil n nizoral, unfortunately i saw my hair get worst and i got on finasteride. Im just like you man, i dont want to compromise anything while taking finasteride so my doses have been really scattered and inconsistent, but all in all i definitely ingest .5mg 3x a week at the minimum and then take .25 here and there, is it helping? i cant say. Did my hair get significantly worst in the past year? not really at all, i know my dad lost his hair between 22-27 like slick nw6. I started finasteride at nw2-2.5 and am now a solid nw2.5 maybe even A.

I dont really have sides although i did have a week just right after new years where i had no desire for sex at all, i actually think it may be due to me developing real feelings for a girl i met, but everything returned to normal after that week and ive been horny af lately to the point where i needed to go see another chick this weekend, cause this girl wasnt available.

All in all, you need to try propecia if you wanna stand a chance in this fight, ill take my chances for 4-5 years maybe even 6 but ill never be over a 9 or 10 year user, im just really hoping a new treatment comes out and i could stop my propecia regimen, fingers crossed bruh.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
You gotta be careful with developing real feelings for a girl, that's dangerous ;) haha . But yeah I doubt I'll able to maintain with nizoral and minoxidil. I'm basically trying to buy some time till either something better comes around OR I can be more rational about the finasteride. I do feel so much better now knowing that I'm doing something about my hairloss even if I end up a cueball haha.

Also 100th post. Woot.