OH MY GOD - STAY OF PROPECIA... 6MONTHS IN

Mohan Bhandari

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I’m thinking of going to Turkey for hair transplant but it’s very difficult to choose a good clinic as everyone claiming to be the best. Can anyone suggest me the place you have your transplant done and had a good result and experience

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post a current wet hair pic?

Oromus110

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every time when some bro scientists come to this forum screaming "omg reflex hyperdsddds" just post this thread

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well the before propecia picture is wet so we cant see what your hair looked before so the pictures dont really help show any difference. It might look nearly the same now as it did before. Yes its thinning pretty bad, but it might be a shed. No matter what I wouldnt stop until at least 1 or maybe even 2 years. It might take longer than 1 year. If you stop propecia your toast. There is nothing else but male pattern baldness acceptance. Its stupid to not give the one decent treatment its full chance before giving up

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the before propecia picture is wet so we cant see what your hair looked before so the pictures dont really help show any difference. It might look nearly the same now as it did before. Yes its thinning pretty bad, but it might be a shed. No matter what I wouldnt stop until at least 1 or maybe even 2 years. It might take longer than 1 year. If you stop propecia your toast. There is nothing else but male pattern baldness acceptance. Its stupid to not give the one decent treatment its full chance before giving up
Bruh did you read the thread?

Saher Hassan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ooo what a bump of an old thread haha.

I’ve kept all my hair, it’s currently better than those photos. I added in minoxidil at the 12month mark and it gave me probs the best year of hair in my life.

I think propecia has pretty much stopped my hair loss so my advice is to stick it out, your hair may not improve from it but maintaining shows it’s working.

Goodluck
Bro do u take 1mg or 0.5

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@centurie
So good that you came back. My head looked exactly the same in 2016 and looks kinda the same now. :)
We should keep this thread in some hall of fame, it's what I would have wanted to read back in the days to give me hope.
I also have a loss of morning wood (tho still night wood) but I see it as a warning sign and will try to take breaks off finasteride. Like 3 weeks on 1 off.

Great success, thank you for sharing!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
@centurie
So good that you came back. My head looked exactly the same in 2016 and looks kinda the same now. :)
We should keep this thread in some hall of fame, it's what I would have wanted to read back in the days to give me hope.
I also have a loss of morning wood (tho still night wood) but I see it as a warning sign and will try to take breaks off finasteride. Like 3 weeks on 1 off.

Great success, thank you for sharing!
This thread gives me a lot of hope tbh and I keep in touch with OP because of it. Def a hall of famer

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really awesome to see you have such a nice head of hair now man!

Just one question, cause to a diffuse thinner who is on the edge of taking fina, those 6 months pics look horrific! Did your hair show visible signs (really noticible like those pics) of diffuse thinning before treatments or was it just the propecia shedding that many hairs?

The thing is, I wanna start fina to save what I have. It’s just, my hair still looks ok now and if i shed like that, I might wanna wait a bit longer and enjoy the hair I have now..

Tidalwave

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you apply minoxidil? Do you have to rub/apply it all over your scalp, or just the relatively bald spots?

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really awesome to see you have such a nice head of hair now man!

Just one question, cause to a diffuse thinner who is on the edge of taking fina, those 6 months pics look horrific! Did your hair show visible signs (really noticible like those pics) of diffuse thinning before treatments or was it just the propecia shedding that many hairs?

The thing is, I wanna start fina to save what I have. It’s just, my hair still looks ok now and if i shed like that, I might wanna wait a bit longer and enjoy the hair I have now..

My hair did show noticeable signs before treatment but it did get worse before it got better.

I think if you know you’re losing your hair you should jump on finasteride ASAP as the early you start treatment the better your chances of maintaining the hair you have. Of course research into the drug beforehand and make sure you are comfortable taking it.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you apply minoxidil? Do you have to rub/apply it all over your scalp, or just the relatively bald spots?

Foam during the morning as it dries faster. I mainly apply to the temples and crown.

During the night I spray the liquid all over my scalp and rub it in.

oklol

My Regimen
Reaction score
when did you first notice you're losing hair?

also is there a certain type of dermastamp you use? and how do you use it? thanks.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@oklol I started losing my hair around 18-19 and I use a standard 1.5mm dermastamp off Amazon. I stamp after I shower - do my crown first then comb my hair back and slowly part my hair from one end of my scalp to the other and stamp.

@Fgsfds I’m not sure what you mean, haven’t really ever had a bald patch to fill in. Hair density has increased though.