Off Topic: Tynan how about an avatar?

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well now you've gone and ruined the magic.. lol

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Redbone how do you know Bruce Lee is back?

Bismarck

Reaction score
I would like to have an animated bismarck avatar. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

I'll vote for Ty.

bis

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
My avatar sucks!!!! Cmon Ty!

Also guys ... please be aware ... if there are 20 of you on one page with animated GIFs.... the people on Dialup are never going to be able to navigate these forums. Every page will be loading for 30 seconds and people are going to get pissed and leave rather than wait.

We didn't lower the restriction on filesize but please be aware of that. Ty is making the images less quality so they load faster. That should help.

Do any of you know a tool online where you can pop in a URL and it tells you the size of the page and duration to load it on various speeds?

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
I would like to hereby thank Ty for my Avatar.

Ty sent me two Avatars and one is way smaller than this..I will switch them out for the Dial-up folks.

Err um.....High Speed only costs an extra $5 to $10 a month folks..

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
holy lord. i just realized your avatar is nearly 200k ... and your singature is another 10k ....

Yeah ... as much as I like it, we need to scrap it. Even on high speed, once I cleared my cache, it took nearly 20 seconds for this very page to load. Thats way too long.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
You know what, actually ...

Shute. Oh well. We can't really do these animated Avatars.

Almost all of them are about 150k. One avatar that big can take upwards of 20 seconds on dialup. Put 10 of them on a page and you've got a completely unuseable forum.

I really like them, but ... we have to scrap them. Maybe Ty can stick to funny non animated avatars...

HairLossTalk.com

G

OK ladies I have a plan!!!!, give me a few minutes and check back here

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Axon do you mind using the smaller one? And the other dudes?

Ty can you make a smaller one for blue?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you want me to go back to the original one?...
there i switched mine back for the sake of the children

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
woops, he already made a smaller version of your animated one. you can use that one if you wanna

G

Chujgcha said:
Blue,

Your avatar has slipped into a catatonic state, mine as well. Raise your avatar's dose of "L-Dopa" from 200mg to 1000mg. This is depressing...it's like watching the movie "Awakenings"

LOL!

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hear you Chuj...the animated avatars were the only thing keeping me from shoooting myself...well that and Girls Gone Wild

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Will someone hook me up with an animated avartar, keeping the picture of Mr. Montana in mind.

Come on, whos the big girl......

Tony