Odds of regrowing your hair after a shed.

After your shed what were the results after at least 6 months:

• Regrew the hair that I shed (1-3 months after shed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regrew the hair that I shed (7-9 months after shed)

• Regrew the hair that I shed (10-12 months after shed)

• Has been 6 months since shed and still haven't regrown the hair.

• Has been 12 months since shed and still haven't regrown the hair.

• Has been 18+ months since shed and still haven't regrown the hair.

• Total voters

redhairing

Reaction score
I would like to rerun this poll since their might have been some confusion with the first poll. Please indicate the condition you were in before your shed and the condition you are currently in and the length of time it's been since your shed.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
im coming up to nearly 11 months on propecia and i have shed pretty much consistently from about 2 months in.its difficult to pinpoint just what is going on,i have defintely lost lots of hairs but my hair is getting thicker,its very slow and its only a hair at a time,or a few at least.

the miniaturised hairs on my crown and mid section have been the first to shed and they have slowly but surely been replaced by slightly longer ,slighty thicker ones

the miniaturised ones at the hairline though have been there ,just sitting there until very recently,these are the ones that are shedding now and that im a little concerened about as this is the hardest area to treat,who knows if they too will be replaced through the coming cycles by better ones?!

i think my plan of action is give meds another 8 months or so the nsee where im at,if its acceptable i'll stick it out til HM and if not i might get a couple of small FUE sessions with armani or feller........sorry to go off topic but there are so many options available its never a lost cause.

anyways stick with it,and if i can advise anything its stick on finasteride for at least 14/15 months,ive seen lots of stories bout people not truly seeing results til then :hairy:

redhairing

Reaction score
I have been on propecia for 8 months now. I have been very consistant with my treatments. My shedding started almost immediately. I believe I've been through two different sheds now. The hairloss seems to be fairly mild inbetween but consistant. I don't think I've halted the hairloss at all.

The good news is that I think I'm finally starting to see a lot of sprouts that are starting to come up here in the last 3 weeks. The shedding has pretty much stopped however every now in then I seem to have a bad day of hairloss.

Patience is definately a big part of the game here. I'm just hoping that everything grows back. It's nice to know what your odds are though...thus the reason for this poll. One thing to note though is that everyone is different, so if you see that someone responded 3 months after shedding then don't be discouraged if you're sitting at 6 months. We are all individuals with different chemistries.

I encourage everyone to post your results on the poll. Whether it be good news or bad news it helps us all when we know what the odds are.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
its an honourable poll but I think its way to subjective a topic to have any degree of accuracy in results - ive shed - i know that for sure - in fact i think i had a couple of fairly heavy bouts of shedding but I notice I loose quite a few hairs everyday but how can I say that the hairs that have shed have regrown - I dont know when they did or did not regrow but I sort of think my hair looks slighty better then 10 months before I started finasteride even though ive shed (which is a good thing in my opinon better then getting balder) - but i cant say I really noticed any significant regrowth of shed hairs - this improvement might be due to hairs I lost even before I started propecia .....

in my experience shedding (or rather your perception of shedding) seems to be linked to whats going on in ur mind rather then on ur head - perhaps I'll feel differently and be able to contribute better when I pass the 12 month mark on finasteride -until then

redhairing

Reaction score
Lithebod, It sounds like you haven't "shed" a large amount of hairs like a lot of people on this board...including me. I couldn't even see my scalp before I started propecia, now 8 months later I can definately see it. So there has been a noticable difference for me. And I have yet to get back to that point where I can't see my scalp again.

So it sounds like you didn't shed as severely has some of us has, therefore making it harder to determine whether you've regrown any hair that you've lost.

Sounds like you're just a faster responder.

harry06

Reaction score
I’d say I hit my first shed on month 4. Now nearly on month 5 and have just noticed in the last couple of days, new hair sprouting around my hair line. Not dark dark hair, but there defiantly darker then ur vellus hairs.