odd side from finasteride?

yuckydog

Reaction score
I have recently started finasteride, about 1.5 months ago. Between 2nd and 3rd week, noticed decreased libido, but now all seems back to normal. However, I have noticed something a little odd.. dont know if anyone else is experiencing this.

I notice that the skin on my member seems very sensitive. After sex self gratification, it seems to get irritated easily, sometimes causing small tears, like paper cuts. Sometimes it ends up bleeding, and taking a few days to heal. This has never been a problem before. I have also noticed a lot of.. slack in the scrotum skin.

I am not trying to scare people off finasteride, by any means, so dont hit me with that. I am trying to tough it out, because I want to stick with it for at least a year to see how it works. I stuck with it during the first few weeks because I figured my body was adjusting to it, and most everything is back to normal, exept for this.

Any help? Suggestions?

Also, I realize I am relatively new to the forum. I am uber busy, but one of these days I will not only get around to posting more, but will post with a history of my hair loss, status so far, and pics. I posted this now because it seems to be a pressing matter.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't see it having anything to do with the finasteride, are you talking about the piece of skin that connects the penis to the foreskin?