Odd results so far from finasteride (Propecia) treatment

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
So, due to an unintended short haircut I am now faced with the fact that my hair has thinned considerably in the typical male pattern baldness areas diffusely since beginning finasteride. However, my hairline has PROGRESSED. I have noticed shedding and itching from the vertex whereas I have considerably less hairfall from the frontal area. This is WEIRD. It is completely the opposite of what typical finasteride results are for most other people I have encountered on this board.

Is it likely that the typical male pattern baldness areas are just shedding and that I can expect regrowth in the future?

Thanks for your input.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny that I came on and saw this thread. I seriously just got out of the shower 10 minutes ago and while I was looking in the mirror I swear I thought I observed the Exact Same Thing! I dismissed it thinking it was just because my hair is starting to grow longer because I shaved it down to the scalp about a month ago but still, it looks like the fine hairs on my lower temple area have thincked and that the hairline moved ahead maybe a fraction of a centemeter.

I also had a monster shed wich seems to have stopped now (i've been on finasteride and nizoral a little over 5 weeks now) that left me faaaar thinnner on top than I have ever been so maybe it is possible (since the inicial shed is a sign it's doing something).

I'm still not 100% decided on whether it's my imagination and I always keep my guard up, but it's definately encouraging.

-DH

Petchsky

Reaction score
At this point Medmax i'd refer you to your sig, but i would see it as likely that the typical male pattern baldness areas are just shedding and that you can expect regrowth. :) We all react differently after all