Observation from TV show "Pawn Stars"

JohnJohns1988

Reaction score
I was watching this show pawnstars on the history channel and noticed something interesting. It is about this family (grandfather, father, and son) that run a pawn shop in Vegas. The grandfather is quite old and has a full head of grey hair. His son is in his 40's and shaves his head and is bald on top. And finally the grandson seems to be late 20's or early 30's and has a full head of hair. Seems like in their case the each father's hair was not a big factor for the hair of each son.

Attachments

• pawn_stars_400x400.jpg
    pawn_stars_400x400.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 170
  • pawn-shop.jpg
    pawn-shop.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 209

Boondock

Reaction score
Who the hell knows? Grandpa could be wearing a piece. The mothers' genetics and luck always play a factor too. It's not too common a situation, but it's not unprecedented either.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Boondock said:
Who the hell knows? Grandpa could be wearing a piece. The mothers' genetics and luck always play a factor too. It's not too common a situation, but it's not unprecedented either.

On my mothers side, my uncles all have some hairloss, but a lot have maintained a fair amount of hair well into their 50s. Only one prematurely balded. Why is that?

Incidently, my grandfather is bald. Like Boonduck there is definently an element of luck involved. Also, only because the guy above that has no hairloss, doesn't mean he doesnt carry the hair loss gene, he probably does - but it hasn't expressed itself as of yet.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Father could have thyroid problems which would explain him being the only one affected.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss varies from person to person, my Uncle has a beautiful full head of hair and he is in his sixties,i am in my mid 30s and I am a norwood five with diffuse thinning all over
lol maybe I should steal my Uncles hair.

Nene

Reaction score
My father has hair, his father has hair and his grandfather died with a full head of hair. I'm the first one after at least 3 consecutive generations of hair!

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn thats gotta suck Nene,you never think your gonna go bald untill all the sudden Poof! S**t happens.
I balded vigorously at 24 and I am still balding currently at norwood 5,at 35 years of age,well,
I guess worse things could happen,but whats worse than balding!