Nwhat Now? Am I Losing Hair Very Confused

Starman421

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I noticed like a year ago when I was 18 the amount of hair I was shedding was crazy. I’d rub my hands through my hair and there’d be 4 hairs between my fingers. And I’d lose so much in the shower I’d guess 80 hairs. I was vegetarian at the time and 6 months ago resumed my normal diet. It’s slowed down a lot I’d say since then every 4th time I run my hand through my hair I’ll lose 1 maybe 2. I wake up to no hair on the pillow except for the stray one or two sometimes. I’d say I lose about 50 hairs a day today. Compared to losing 150 a year ago. But I’ve noticed I have a strange hairline I went back to young pictures of me and it looks very similar to my hairline now. I can’t tell if this is male pattern baldness. I’ve always have had thin hair since I was a kid but when it’s wet If I take a Pic of the top of my head with flash you can see a line of my scalp down the middle. I’m just worried to lose hair cuz it’s not in my genes and I know my brothers would make fun of me I’m kinda the odd one out of my large family as it is already and this would just make it worst.:/ first two pics are of me 4 years ago. View attachment 73343View attachment 73342 Then here’s me now View attachment 73344View attachment 73346

View attachment 73347

If this is male pattern baldness what treatments do you suggest? I bought some rogaine and saw palmetto. I was thinking of getting a dermaroller? Think I should get propecia?

Last edited:

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are planning on using rogaine, you should most definitely use a dermaroller.

As far as propecia goes, I can't make the decision for your but maybe someone on here who started using it at your age and see what his experiences are with it.