NW6 starting Minoxidil + Microneedling - help

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have never used any balding medications...Minoxidil or Propecia etc....Started balding age 16 so never really had the money to do it, especially as I also went to university. So by the time I was earning ok money my hair was already ruined. In my 30's now...

I am NW6..... I heard about microneedling and minoxidil working on NW6's so I thought why not at least give it a try.....I am 2 days in...

I am using minoxidil foam and applying it as per the directions, twice a day, 12 hours apart.

I am not sure how often I should microneedle.... I am doing this with a 2mm derma-roller.... any recommendations?

I am not taking propecia, not sure if I should.....maybe I take it if minoxidil makes some hair come back?

When I run my hand over my NW6 scalp I can feel a lot of what feels like small soft 'fluffy' hairs as well as the odd thicker hairs which have managed to stick around. Is it these 'weak' 'fluffy' like hairs that can be boosted by minoxidil and become solid thick hairs again?

I have SMP and buzz my head so can't really see the hairs easily....but when I feel the scalp there is a modest amount of hair that I can feel throughout, apart from the odd area which there are no hairs, just scalp.

I was also wondering....has anyone (especially those who are NW6) had an improvement to their donor area by using minoxidil that has then made it possible for them to have a hair transplant? I am not a good candidate for a hair transplant as I am NW6 with poor donor. I am hoping that if I don't improve my scalp area that at least my donor area can get a good boost and make me a candidate for hair transplant surgery.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
take the big 4 axaxaxa

dutasteride + oral minoxidil 5 to 10mg everyday + kéto 2%, 3 time per week + 15g of MSM everyday
in addition you can add topical minoxidil everyday on your scalp + scalp massage + microneedling

you will find your hair, trust in me !!!!!

you can do it

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
take the big 4 axaxaxa

dutasteride + oral minoxidil 5 to 10mg everyday + kéto 2%, 3 time per week + 15g of MSM everyday
in addition you can add topical minoxidil everyday on your scalp + scalp massage + microneedling

you will find your hair, trust in me !!!!!

you can do it

is oral minoxidil more effective than topical?