nw6 at age 23... Little hope

shaf

Reaction score
I started balding at age 18 and now im already a nw5 - nw6 at age 23. I know people tell me to have faith and don't give up hope but what can i do when i feel like sh*t everyday looking in the mirror. I look like a old man instead of my actual age and people always think im in my 30's. I have gone anti social and i have lost all the self confidence i had with my little hair. I feel like my years are going to waste because i can't have fun while im young. Instead i feel like a old man and have no motivation to do anything. I mean im not really good looking or have a normal size head to go with the clean cut. I just feel so discouraged to do anything and im slowly losing hope and faith in a cure. Any guidance would be helpful.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Post a picture of your hair for starters.

Are you taking any hairloss treatments? finasteride/Rogaine/Nizoral/spironolactone etc.

Your state of mind is one many have been in when dealing with this, especially when you're young. You're certainly not alone in feeling helpless, or in scrutinizing your appearance. However hairloss is not the end of the world, that I promise you.

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
The next 17 years are gonna be filled with if only I had hair....the things I coulda done.

HairLust

Reaction score
Hi Help I'm Balding,

I think you should seriously look into hair systems. I wear one and I am so glad I do.

Before I got one people thought I was 6 or 7 years older, now they guess 6 or 7 years younger. I'm only sorry I didn't get into hair systems sooner.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
If the hassle/ stigma of a hair piece doesn't appeal, consider scalp micro pigmentation. There are absolutely no limitations and the results are virtually immediate. Transplants are probably not going to do much for you, and finasteride/ rogaine will almost definitely not get you much back. So if you'd prefer a shaved but full head of hair to your current situation, look into it. Sounds bizzare but if it looks great, why not?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
www.hishairclinic.com is the company that developed the procedure and IMO provide the most natural looking results. Before anyone says, I'm not advertising/ spamming- I do not work for HIS and haven't even had the procedure done (yet.) Check out the gallery.

confuseman

Reaction score
oh,it is look goog.i try to understand what is wich root is real and wich not..they should put before pictures .

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I certainly relate to your situation OP. Going bald at such a young age is something most guys on here can't relate to since most are between NW2 and 3. They will try and convince you things aren't so bad because they themselves have not been fully effected like us. Going bald breaks even the strongest men. It can ruin lives for sure.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I certainly relate to your situation OP. Going bald at such a young age is something most guys on here can't relate to since most are between NW2 and 3. They will try and convince you things aren't so bad because they themselves have not been fully effected like us. Going bald breaks even the strongest men. It can ruin lives for sure.

I used to be one of those guys but I can't actually live without dermmatch now- I refuse to look at myself without it because it gets me down. My dad once said I'd be pretty queer for worrying about going bald. It's easy for a 50 year old man with a thick norwood 2 to say. He's worried about going a little gray at age 50 and I'm gay for being worried about losing hair since age 14. Justified. Thanks to dermmatch, I've hidden it so far and hope to get a more permanent solution before anybody notices.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exodus2011 said:
man if i were you i wud just go with a system.

i started diffusing in nw5 pattern at 17 and if I don't get on more meds i will surely be in ur position.

yes, it has also completely obliterated my life, but not atm cuz i'm a hat prisoner haha

Exodus, that haircut reminds of Jim Carrey at "Dumb and Dumber" in your avatar... :dunno:

2760-5456.gif

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I certainly relate to your situation OP. Going bald at such a young age is something most guys on here can't relate to since most are between NW2 and 3.

As a 23-year-old that is between a NW2 and 3, I can tell you that I can certainly relate. I feel empathy for young men worse off than me because I too am bnalding. Balding is balding. It doesn't matter what stage you're at it sucks. Don't diminish NW2-3 young guys because we suffer almost as much.

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
My dad once said I'd be pretty queer for worrying about going bald. It's easy for a 50 year old man with a thick norwood 2 to say. He's worried about going a little gray at age 50 and I'm gay for being worried about losing hair since age 14. Justified. Thanks to dermmatch, I've hidden it so far and hope to get a more permanent solution before anybody notices.

My dad is afriad of going gray too. He doesn't care the slightest bit about his crown thinning and would rather have his few white hairs be jet black like the rest of his hair than have a thick crown back. I don't get it. He has 99% jet black hair but b****s about one or two white hairs and he is in his mid-50s! He has a similiar hairline to me so when I am 40 or so I will oprbably have some crown loss too. It's a bummer I couldn't take after my maternal grandfather's line :(

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I was an NW6 at 23 too, and of course I still am an NW6 now at 25.

I'm here to tell you that you are absolutely right, there is "little hope", at least when it comes to our appearance. Guys like us, the ones who go bald like Homer Simpson in our early 20's, cannot possibly fool anyone. No treatments, no transplants, no wigs can compete with our horse-shoe hair. Our baldness is just too aggressive.

And all the stuff you said about feeling old and out of touch is exactly right. We think we look old and ugly and like we don't fit in because it's the absolute truth! Some people will try to BS us and tell us that "it's not that bad", but what do they know? They can't tell us what we know we feel. You're depressed. You've been depressed. You will be depressed. Anyone would if they were in your shoes.

The only salvation guys like us can cling to is the keyword: ACCEPTANCE.

We may be young, confused, ugly, old looking, bald, unsexy, sad, lonely, sorry souls..... but hey, someones gotta do it! And by God we can accept that challenge and be the best damn NW6's we can be.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:

I'm here to tell you that you are absolutely right, there is "little hope", at least when it comes to our appearance. Guys like us, the ones who go bald like Homer Simpson in our early 20's, cannot possibly fool anyone. No treatments, no transplants, no wigs can compete with our horse-shoe hair. Our baldness is just too aggressive.

And all the stuff you said about feeling old and out of touch is exactly right. We think we look old and ugly and like we don't fit in because it's the absolute truth! Some people will try to BS us and tell us that "it's not that bad", but what do they know? They can't tell us what we know we feel. You're depressed. You've been depressed. You will be depressed. Anyone would if they were in your shoes.

We may be young, confused, ugly, old looking, bald, unsexy, sad, lonely, sorry souls..... but hey, someones gotta do it! And by God we can accept that challenge and be the best damn NW6's we can be.

Id give you a "manly hug" for this post... (manly hug=not a gay hug! :D)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Captain Obvious said:

Id give you a "manly hug" for this post... (manly hug=not a gay hug! :D)

+1 :punk: :punk:

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
As manly as acceptance is, and I wish I could accept my bald(jng)ness too, (I may also be a norwood 6 by 23, although I have no crown loss at the moment) there's no use in pretending to be fine with something that gets you down. As the maintenance of a balding head gets me down as much as the actual look, I'm going for MHT as soon as I have the money. I know it means shaving every couple of days, but I'm doing that now anyway (at the sides) so that I can blend it with dermmatch on my temple peaks. As good as it looks at the moment, I still worry as it's just powder on my head and could come off easily. I know MHT limits hairstyles too, but if it means I can look ok and not have to worry during the day, I'm sold. Further loss isn't a big issue either, the world has plenty more ink.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
As manly as acceptance is, and I wish I could accept my bald(jng)ness too, (I may also be a norwood 6 by 23, although I have no crown loss at the moment) there's no use in pretending to be fine with something that gets you down. As the maintenance of a balding head gets me down as much as the actual look, I'm going for MHT as soon as I have the money. I know it means shaving every couple of days, but I'm doing that now anyway (at the sides) so that I can blend it with dermmatch on my temple peaks. As good as it looks at the moment, I still worry as it's just powder on my head and could come off easily. I know MHT limits hairstyles too, but if it means I can look ok and not have to worry during the day, I'm sold. Further loss isn't a big issue either, the world has plenty more ink.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Captain Obvious said:

I'm nw5 and I feel miserable I also don't like 25+ girls. I want the 18-22 girls they the most attractive so it's sucks donkey balls

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Help im baldin said:
I started balding at age 18 [...]

That's tough, I started balding when I was 17. Go for the shaved look and try not to think about it too much.