Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am just "another dude" with a hair loss problem like all of you here haha. I am 29, diffuse NW5a. Been losing my hair since 21. Once I lost my hairline completely (except forelock) i became self conscious about it and started growing out hair to cover that spot and been doing it quite well (thanks to hair spray!).

Here's my baseline when I was 18.
77560_173681772666730_7673468_o.jpg.086893a40ad56417e5ccb94ba5be8af5.jpg

Older Brother - Norwood 6, Father - Norwood 6/7. I've got crappy genes, but seems like it somewhat stopped at NW5 and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. (My father and brother been at their Norwood levels before 25!).

At 27 started using microneedling with minoxidil while started researching hair transplants. I've been NW5 already at that point. After 6 months of this regiment I jumped on Finasteride 1mg/day.

inCollage_20190429_184422601.jpg.2c1ee8e503b53a811fe279e9a0d42053.jpg

After more than a year of intense research on (January 2020) I went to Portugal and had a Hair Transplant with Dr. Bruno Ferreira covering only frontal 1/3 with 3659 grafts.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Since the surgery I've stopped microneedling & minoxidil and stayed only on Finasteride. I've lost some ground in mid scalp, but crown seems to be the same if not better.
Currently I'm a week shy from 11 months after my surgery and it's been already a life changing experience.
20201207_125236.jpg

20201207_124024.jpg

I'm also documenting my whole journey on YouTube youtube.com/mrrolandas Feel free to check it out.

Currently I'm waiting for Dr. Ferreira's reply in regards to my 2nd surgery to cover remaining thin area. Date probably will be something around May 2021, so can't wait! Current plan is to implant 2000-2500 grafts into mid-scalp and crown & few hundred to sprinkle all over front to thicken weak areas.
According to Dr. Lupanzula, Dr. ******** & Dr. Ferreira, prior my surgery I had 9000-10000 grafts available for hair transplant if it's done carefully, so according to this i should have another 5000-6000 grafts for my 2nd hair transplant.

Many people watching my videos told me my result gives them hope, as my hair is very thin and I have a big area to cover. So I hope this post will give some idea what you could expect.

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your gains man! You look younger than when you were 18 year old haha. You went from NW5a to NW2a with plenty of styling options to choose from. I've been following Ferreira's work since I've read many people here who've been pleased with his work, especially with NW2a,3a or 4a patterns.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your gains man! You look younger than when you were 18 year old haha. You went from NW5a to NW2a with plenty of styling options to choose from. I've been following Ferreira's work since I've read many people here who've been pleased with his work, especially with NW2a,3a or 4a patterns.
Appreciate that! Indeed Dr. Ferreira is incredibly good with creating super natural hairlines. I might sound biased, but I think my hairline is one of the most natural I've seen. Of course, there could be a bit more density, but in terms of design, micro-irregularities, types of hair used in the front etc it looks perfect.

Can't wait to sort out rest of my thinning area and I'll need to carry my ID all the time again when buying alcohol :D

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow great transplant result. You have a young face, hair definetly makes you look youngs. I'm also impressed that you had so many grafts with quintuple hairs.
Thanks man!
Yeah I didn't even realize I had so many quads and quintuples. Definitely quite rare. My average hair/graft was 2.73 which is much higher than average. And thank god for this as my hair is only 50-51 um!