NW3V started Regaine foam on Thursday

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. Haven’t posted for a while but have a question. Been taking finasteride 1mg daily since 20th May 2017 which halted my hairloss. Regrowth has been confined to existing hair which thickened somewhat but has otherwise been slow to nonexistent.

Began Regaine foam on Thursday and intend to apply twice daily indefinitely. Question is should I just apply to the NW3V area or should I put some on the slick temple areas too? @Wolf Pack if you’re still around and remember me I would appreciate your informed input too. Many thanks.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. Haven’t posted for a while but have a question. Been taking finasteride 1mg daily since 20th May 2017 which halted my hairloss. Regrowth has been confined to existing hair which thickened somewhat but has otherwise been slow to nonexistent.

Began Regaine foam on Thursday and intend to apply twice daily indefinitely. Question is should I just apply to the NW3V area or should I put some on the slick temple areas too? @Wolf Pack if you’re still around and remember me I would appreciate your informed input too. Many thanks.

Hi man, I remember you! Still sort of around but not quite ha. Glad your hair loss is halted, that's a big deal as allows you to plan your "hair future" around that. You can try the slick areas as occasionally they do respond to Minoxidil, even at times when the hair can't be seen with the naked eye. I would rub minoxidil in these slick temple areas for about 2 months, if there is no cosmetic change than just stick to the NW3V area.

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man, I remember you! Still sort of around but not quite ha. Glad your hair loss is halted, that's a big deal as allows you to plan your "hair future" around that. You can try the slick areas as occasionally they do respond to Minoxidil, even at times when the hair can't be seen with the naked eye. I would rub minoxidil in these slick temple areas for about 2 months, if there is no cosmetic change than just stick to the NW3V area.
Thank you for your reply. I am now on a classic Big Three regimen with Regenepure DR my shampoo. I stopped this for a while which was possibly a mistake in hindsight (can one lose ground when ceasing ketaconazole?). In any case, I am in for the long haul now. An FUE for the temples is somewhere in the future too.
All the best.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I am now on a classic Big Three regimen with Regenepure DR my shampoo. I stopped this for a while which was possibly a mistake in hindsight (can one lose ground when ceasing ketaconazole?). In any case, I am in for the long haul now. An FUE for the temples is somewhere in the future too.
All the best.
You want to use min on the entire scalp unless your fringe areas are high and unaffected. The stuff's cheap so that's not much of an issue and you can if you want, use it everywhere say at night and then just on the hairline during the day if it gooks up your hair.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
All the best.

FUE on temples is a life safer, exactly what I did, transplants are best for the hairline where you can dense pack, but generally not great for all over. I don't think you can lose ground if you stop Keto, it's very mild, mainly keeps the scalp healthy and reduces inflammation. I never saw cosmetic benefit with it at all but I use it occasionally for scalp health.