NW3 durability

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
User Hellraiser said his grandad become NW3 in his 20is and stayed until his death.
How often is this?
How can someone in his youth progress so far and than just stop for decades?

badgenome

Reaction score
My dad has been a norwood 2.5 for as long as I've known him. He's now 64 and still has the same norwood 2.5 he had when I was about 6 years old.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
My dad has been a norwood 2.5 for as long as I've known him. He's now 64 and still has the same norwood 2.5 he had when I was about 6 years old.

He was extremely lucky. Not everybody with male pattern baldness will end up as a nw7, but hair loss is progressive. Some men will go from nw1 to nw6 in a few years, for others the progression can take decades.

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
All my brothers went from NW1 to NW5-6 in a couple of years in their 20's, my dad was NW2 at around 25y/o then NW3 at 30's and now around NW4 at his 60's. I've been very slowly receding with the help of the big 3.

badgenome

Reaction score
He was extremely lucky. Not everybody with male pattern baldness will end up as a nw7, but hair loss is progressive. Some men will go from nw1 to nw6 in a few years, for others the progression can take decades.

Oh absolutely, and I never once realized just how unique and lucky he was until I started losing mine. I've been around the same wormwood 2ish mark for the last 3 years. Hopefully I go his route and don't progress much more or at least do so very slowly.