Nutrafol, Revivogen, And Nizoral Is So Far An Effective Regimen

ossrey

Reaction score
Just thought I'd give you guys my account of phasing off finasteride and trying a few other options. In short, I've had some shedding -- some of which alarmed me -- and have found that revivogen and nutrafol have, so far, seem to be helping me out. Do I think they'll be miracles? No. I have, however, had a turnaround in that nasty oily scalp feeling, which makes me glad to have them in my arsenal (I'm pretty sure this is mostly the Revivogen).

I'm about a norwood 2.5 with relatively diffuse loss. I'm around 32, and my recession has been relatively slow. At around age 25, I began to combat my hair loss pretty agressively using simply minoxidil and finasteride. I didn't actually use Nizoral until 3-4 years later. This regimen worked like a charm at slowing down the hair loss.

For personal reasons, I decided to wean myself off of minoxidil and finasteride as much as possible. I've actually been off finasteride for a whole year, and only intermittently using minoxidil. I've been trying a few natural solutions, like emu oil, rosemary oil, and a few vitamins (cautionary tale: emu oil is revered by some, but to me it just seemed to worsen my thinning). As you may have guessed, the thinning definitely progressed without the finasteride. I'm a diffuse sufferer with slow recession, so I can't say I've noticed much more recession, if any. Thinning, though, has been an issue. I've experienced that dreaded oily scalp feeling that seems to come with hair fall.

For the last month or so, I've given a couple other products, Revivogen and Nutrafol, a shot. Honestly, these could both be the completely overhyped, but my experience has been that the nagging 'oily scalp' that was driving my crazy is now gone. I'm not dealing with that anymore, and my hair feels drier (in a good way). My gut is telling me this is the Revivogen, not Nutrafol, but I can't be sure. Are these as good as the big 3 (of which I'm only taking one, being Nizoral)? No, probably not. But would I consider it better than nothing? Heck yes.

I'll be happy to continue for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: