Nut ache on Finasteride - time to quit?

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Started finasteride about 2 weeks ago.

No sides at all until a few days ago I had sensitivity in nipples/chest (maybe due to self-inspection from gyno, maybe due to beginning of gyno?) Keeping an eye on this, has not gone away, has not gotten worse.

Today I woke up with testicular ache on my left nut. Dull pain/pressure on my left testicle that lasted all day (makes that testicle 'feel' bigger/swollen, but not visibly bigger). It felt like I was going to sit on it whenever I sat down. Driving home from work the pain was worse and enough to be pretty distracting. Took some advil once I got home and feels a bit better now. I would say the pain was 7/10 at its worst.

I do not want to risk PFS or any other crazy effects I have read about. Should I quit finasteride? Reduce Dose? Stay the course for a few days?

Thanks

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't quit.
I had a pain in my testicles too when I first started, its normal.
It's a good indication that the finasteride is working too, so keep it up for 6-12 months and you'll see results.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I turned my nut pain into sadistic, kinky fun with my wife. If you get lemons, make lemonade.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
Many men experience the pain and it goes away, and everything is smooth sailing from there.

If you experience the pain consistently for more than a week, I'd consider taking a short break and then trying again with a lower dosage.

Definitely do not ignore side effects if they persist.

However, you also do not have to quit at the very first sign of them. Take a cautious but patient approach. Also monitor your erection quality but try not to obsess about it. The more you convince your mind that you have ED, the more you will have ED.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
Many men experience the pain and it goes away, and everything is smooth sailing from there.

If you experience the pain consistently for more than a week, I'd consider taking a short break and then trying again with a lower dosage.

Definitely do not ignore side effects if they persist.

However, you also do not have to quit at the very first sign of them. Take a cautious but patient approach. Also monitor your erection quality but try not to obsess about it. The more you convince your mind that you have ED, the more you will have ED.

Thanks. Ill let it rock for a week... today I have it again but not as bad (yet). No signs of ED or any other sides other than sensitive chest/nipples; Hoping this is my body adjusting too and not the dreaded gyno....

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I actually got my first testicle ache when I jumped to 1.25mg, felt like someone took a hammer to my balls. It passed after a couple days, but it hit me pretty sudden there was no gradual build up just one moment BAM major ball ache. Keep going it should go away.

jk1okay

Reaction score
I had it for 2 weeks, now i'm at the 2 month mark and it just hit me again. It sucks because it's hard to take your mind off it. Should I keep going?

logikmtr

Reaction score
The pain I could deal with, but the malaise was affecting my performance at work, so I stopped immediately. I am trying again, but taking a quarter pill every three or four days, instead of every day. Hopefully I can find a sweet spot. Or my D will fall off. Either one.

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 3 weeks: After the first week i started to feel testicular tenderness (not exactly pain, but definitely not comfortable). I subsequently lowered the dose to 0.5mg/day then to 0.25mg/day. I'm trying to see whether 0.25mg/day works for me.