Numerous Anecdotal Reports Of Sheds On Low-carb / Fasting Diets

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
type 2 diabetes is fat/BMI related

enhanced-buzz-20140-1383502683-5.jpg

the vegans has the lowest BMI and the lowest type 2 diabetes.

insulin resistance improved with low fat vegan diet
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677007/

why do you think the chinese have lower diabetes than the USA ? carbs are their staple food, the USA's staple food is animal fat.
walter kempner treated diabetes with rice and pure white sugar. it was well known back then that fat paralyses insulin.

* about those high-fat low carb studies, most of them are backed by the meat/egg/milk giant trillion dollar industries.

* the video is the most logical way to explain it, and it's what science says. do you think that you know better than DR. Neal Barnard the founding president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine ?

Dear god.

1) Animal fat is not the staple of the US diet. That is completely Incorrect, who gave you that false information? This is the US diet:
calories-food-graph-article.jpg

"Meat, eggs, and nuts", which includes nuts, is comparable to added sugars. Remove the nuts, and we see that sugar consumption exceeds meat and eggs.

Meat and fat consumption have actually declined in recent decades, whereas that of grains, margarine, soy, etc have gone up. The obesity epidemic in the USA started in 1977, when "low-fat" emerged as a health trend:
prevalence-of-obesity.jpg

As for "trillion dollar industries", 80% of US agriculture subsidies go to corn, wheat, and soy. Only 15% go to animal products. Follow the money.

Alternatively you can look up this article on the money. Back in the 1960s, the sugar industry bribed Harvard scientists to argue that fat, rather than sugar, was responsible for heart disease, that's where a lot of the arguments you link to come from:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/well/eat/how-the-sugar-industry-shifted-blame-to-fat.html?_r=0

3) Forks over knives is known to be unreliable. I did watch their embarrassing documentary on Netflix. It was very misleading, for example with the rats, casseine, and cancer. If their science was actually good they wouldn't need hacks to make their case.

4) The Chinese used to eat less sugar. They eat more sugar now and their rate of type-II diabetes is skyrocketing.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN, did you test you Cu blood levels? Many would be surprised to find they are not really deficient in a lot of nutrients the supplement for.

I wouldn't supplement with copper. Maca powder is a dried vegetable. It's like eating more broccoli for vitamin C, it's not the same as buying a vitamin C tablet.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
most of the corn and soy is for animal consumption (animal agriculture)
no one is more powerful than the meat/dairy boards, these motherfuckers are the reason why the medical litterature is toilet paper.

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

sugar is bad, maybe, but not starch.
whole foods plant based diets are what the science is recommending, it's the only diet that reversed arteriosclerosis.
(see Caldwell Esselstyn, Dean Ornish)

all this hight fat keto crap is just bloggers selling books, there is no academic debate at all.
big meat is going to try to twist the science more than big tobacco.

human civilisations lived on starch and no animal foods, the ordinary people were the slimmest and the healthiest, the kings who
ate animal products were historically fat, and died of heart disease (the disease of the kings).

europe : wheat
asia : rice
south america : potatoes and corn
kings : beef and chicken.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
most of the corn and soy is for animal consumption (animal agriculture)
no one is more powerful than the meat/dairy boards, these motherfuckers are the reason why the medical litterature is toilet paper.

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

sugar is bad, maybe, but not starch.
whole foods plant based diets are what the science is recommending, it's the only diet that reversed arteriosclerosis.
(see Caldwell Esselstyn, Dean Ornish)

all this hight fat keto crap is just bloggers selling books, there is no academic debate at all.
big meat is going to try to twist the science more than big tobacco.

human civilisations lived on starch and no animal foods, the ordinary people were the slimmest and the healthiest, the kings who
ate animal products were historically fat, and died of heart disease (the disease of the kings).

europe : wheat
asia : rice
south america : potatoes and corn
kings : beef and chicken.

You're repeating a lot of refuted vegan talking points, linking to irrelevant work, and ignoring pertinent work such as The New York Times investigation.

I'll point out that "kings" ate high-sugar diets, probably high alcohol and low exercise as well, but that it's not necessarily relevant, as the "ordinary people" (who also ate meat) were not nearly as healthy as you make them out to be. Rates of heart disease and cancer were low because they died young. If I were to be killed in a war tomorrow, I would be recorded as having never experienced heart disease, atherosclerosis, or cancer.

Ancient Egyptian commoners definitely experience disease. Because they're all dead now. They simply died of plague, cholera, TB, smallpox, leprosy, famine, etc prior to dying of heart disease.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a 3 day water fast a few weeks ago, and I shed less than I have in a long time. Since then it's been normal. It's probably just a coincidence. I'm doing another fast in a couple weeks, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a 3 day water fast a few weeks ago, and I asked Lisa than I have in a long time. Since then it's been normal. It's probably just a coincidence. I'm doing another fast in a couple weeks, so we'll see.

Who's Lisa?

Is she the girlfriend that autocorrect made up for you?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't supplement with copper. Maca powder is a dried vegetable. It's like eating more broccoli for vitamin C, it's not the same as buying a vitamin C tablet.

I was just wondering if you tested yours. Nothing wrong with Maca. I get some in this brewing chocolate called Global Warrior. Lots of good stuff in there and quite tasty.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a 3 day water fast a few weeks ago, and I asked Lisa than I have in a long time. Since then it's been normal. It's probably just a coincidence. I'm doing another fast in a couple weeks, so we'll see.
Who's Lisa?

Is she the girlfriend that autocorrect made up for you?

Yeah, she's not putting out though, so I had to edit her out.

Spitshade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in no way versed on the subject, however every time I have cut weight and got in great shape I have definitely went through a bad shed and lost permanent ground on my hairline and vortex. It's always when I have rapid weight loss, about 30-35 lbs in 2-3 months.

whoken

Reaction score
I fast a whole month every year, and I always notice way less shedding and better overall health during that period.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I fast a whole month every year, and I always notice way less shedding and better overall health during that period.

Do you regain 20 lbs every year during the 11 months that you're eating?

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
linking to irrelevant work, and ignoring pertinent work such as The New York Times investigation.

irrelevant work ? so you think that Dean Ornish the president and founder of the nonprofit Preventive Medicine Research Institute (one of bill clinton's doctors) is irrelevant ?
what about Dr Kim Williams the vegan President of the American College of Cardiology ? is he also a clueless liar ?

I'll point out that "kings" ate high-sugar diets, probably high alcohol and low exercise as well, but that it's not necessarily relevant, as the "ordinary people" (who also ate meat) were not nearly as healthy as you make them out to be. Rates of heart disease and cancer were low because they died young. If I were to be killed in a war tomorrow, I would be recorded as having never experienced heart disease, atherosclerosis, or cancer.

* eating high carb low fat will keep your BMI low, carbs get stored as glycogen in the muscles and the liver, then if you take too much of it, de novo lipogenesis turn some of it to fat , but that's rare (look at all those fat fruitarians and asians ! )
* eating high fat low carb is not always BMI friendly, because if the fat you eat is animal fat then the animal protein will raise your insulin and the insulin will store the fat. YOU WILL gain weight if you're eating more than your caloric needs. and it's also unhealthy IMO but that's not the topic.
* eating high fat high carb will give you the USA health epidemic.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
irrelevant work ? so you think that Dean Ornish the president and founder of the nonprofit Preventive Medicine Research Institute (one of bill clinton's doctors) is irrelevant ?
what about Dr Kim Williams the vegan President of the American College of Cardiology ? is he also a clueless liar ?

I'm not sure if I should try addressing you in an intellectual, level-headed way, or just assume that you're trolling and spoiling for a fight. I don't know you well. You're using a lot of boldings and capital letters, and worst of all ignoring counterarguments, which are standard troll behaviours. But maybe it's innocent, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume I'm misreading you. I think that other readers may prefer it this way.

1) You describe Dean Ornish as the president of a non-profit. That might apply that he's doing this from the goodness of his heart, I believe that contributes. But don't worry he's definitely a wealthy man who makes money from his books, his public speaking, etc. I'm sure his salary dwarfs both of ours. I don't begrudge him for that, if he's making a positive contribution to the world he deserves to be well paid, but please don't mislead by describing him as working in the non-profit sector.

His most famous book is called "Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease: The Only System Scientifically Proven to Reverse Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery". That title was true in the 1990s, it's no longer true. In the early 2000s, doctors tested the ketogenic diet in order to refute it. They wanted to shut down the bodybuilders and Atkins fanatics promoting it. The studies failed and participants on the high-fat diets did really well, to the surprise of everybody. All of their biological parameters improved including cholesterol and blood pressure. Here's a study from the New England Journal of Medicine:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1204792
Here's a figure:
NEJMc1204792

Performance is actually comparable.

That said the Atkins diet has fallen out of favour. It has a lot of issues, among which a lot of "Atkins" products include artificial sweeteners and are as such nonsense. There are many ways for food to be bad for you besides macronutrients, such as vitamins content, minerals content, added preservatives, etc. A lot of meat in the supermarket comes with added sugars, MSG, nitrates, hormones, antibiotics, etc and as such should be avoided. I go for the healthiest meats I can find.

A lot of the studies that correlate meat-eaters with bad health don't correct for the fact that some meat eaters are eating processed salami sold for $0.99 at the supermarket, which is full of sh*t, and they typically embed it in ketchup and white bread to boot, with a side of french fries and coca cola. Yeah, those meat eaters get heart disease lol. But in those studies it's often shown between the margins that the whole of the effect comes from processed meats.

The paleo diet is really what's taken Atkins' place, and it does well in studies. For example in this study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17583796
Patients had a ~25% improvement in performance on glucose tolerance test. They also ate ~450 fewer calories a day, without being told to do so. They were just less hungry, which is a win.
Read more here:
https://authoritynutrition.com/5-studies-on-the-paleo-diet/

2) Dr. Kim Williams is working on outdated data, such as the 7-countries study from the 1950s and the studies funded by coca cola (which you have failed to acknowledged).

Dr. Salim Yusuf, president of the world heart federation, recently discussed the largest epidemiological study ever and heart disease:
Monosaturated fats protect against heart disease, legumes (beans) protect against heart disease, but saturated fats, fruits, and vegetables are neutral. They neither protect nor harm. Further, when carbohydrate consumption goes above 40% of total calories, the rate of heart disease goes up. That's possibly because most people on high-carb diets are actually on high-sugar diets.

* eating high carb low fat will keep your BMI low, carbs get stored as glycogen in the muscles and the liver, then if you take too much of it, de novo lipogenesis turn some of it to fat , but that's rare (look at all those fat fruitarians and asians ! )
* eating high fat low carb is not always BMI friendly, because if the fat you eat is animal fat then the animal protein will raise your insulin and the insulin will store the fat. YOU WILL gain weight if you're eating more than your caloric needs. and it's also unhealthy IMO but that's not the topic.
* eating high fat high carb will give you the USA health epidemic.

3) Asians are getting fatter now that they've added both meat and sugar to their diets. You absolutely cannot simply say that it's the meat and not the sugar, it's not at all obvious which is contributing how much. Further, as above, I acknowledge that processed meat is sh*t.

I think a high-starch diet is fine for a healthy person, there are many groups that have done well historically on a high-starch diet. However, if someone already has low insulin resistance, and they want to lose weight, then they will need to cut carbs (and animal proteins) for a while, until they're healed. Then they can reintroduce starch.

I myself have dropped from 240 lbs to 170 lbs in two years. I am now buying bread again (in moderation), I think my body can handle it. However, when I was heavier, bread just made me hungrier. Once you have insulin resistance, then starches are bad because the body loses the ability to process carbs normally.

4) Most of the people I know on high-fat diets are losing weight. It is very, very difficult to eat ~4,000 calories on a high-fat diet, whereas it's trivial to do with pizza and cookies.

They are also not abusing animal products. They eat animal products. They also love olives, coconuts, other tree nuts, peanuts, avocados, cocoa powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseed, etc.

5) The US obesity epidemic coincides with a decline in animal fat consumption. Butter, bacon, egg yolks went out; fruit juice, whole grains, skim milk, low-fat yogurt came in, and people got fatter.

Last edited:

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should try addressing you in an intellectual, level-headed way, or just assume that you're trolling and spoiling for a fight. I don't know you well. You're using a lot of boldings and capital letters, and worst of all ignoring counterarguments, which are standard troll behaviours. But maybe it's innocent, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume I'm misreading you. I think that other readers may prefer it this way.

whatever, just stop dismissing world renowned researchers just because they're telling you you're wrong. (the majority of them actually)
what would you feed your mother who just got a heart attack ? egg yolks or broccoli ?
there is a reason the vast majority of doctors around the world will recommend the greens and will tell her to stop animal products.
because there is no academic debate at the moment, just bloggers selling fat people what they love to hear.

Dr. William C. Roberts, the Master of the american college of cardiology and a leading cardiovascular pathologist says about
atherosclerosis :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/

when i try to learn about heart disease i will trust people like this man, i don't read about heart disease from meat/egg boards.

1) You describe Dean Ornish as the president of a non-profit. That might apply that he's doing this from the goodness of his heart, I believe that contributes. But don't worry he's definitely a wealthy man who makes money from his books, his public speaking, etc. I'm sure his salary dwarfs both of ours. I don't begrudge him for that, if he's making a positive contribution to the world he deserves to be well paid, but please don't mislead by describing him as working in the non-profit sector.

he's not running trillion dollar industries, the probability of him being full of sh*t is lower than the meat/dairy/egg boards.
so i'll take his word over theirs.

His most famous book is called "Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease: The Only System Scientifically Proven to Reverse Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery". That title was true in the 1990s, it's no longer true.
it is still true, whole foods plant based diets are the only diets that has been proven to reverse plaque building in the arteries.
In the early 2000s, doctors tested the ketogenic diet in order to refute it. They wanted to shut down the bodybuilders and Atkins fanatics promoting it. The studies failed and participants on the high-fat diets did really well, to the surprise of everybody. All of their biological parameters improved including cholesterol and blood pressure. Here's a study from the New England Journal of Medicine:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1204792
That said the Atkins diet has fallen out of favour. It has a lot of issues, among which a lot of "Atkins" products include artificial sweeteners and are as such nonsense. There are many ways for food to be bad for you besides macronutrients, such as vitamins content, minerals content, added preservatives, etc. A lot of meat in the supermarket comes with added sugars, MSG, nitrates, hormones, antibiotics, etc and as such should be avoided. I go for the healthiest meats I can find.

can these diets reverse coronary artery disease ? NO, come to me when they can do it.

for the moment, the science says feed people plants to reverse their heart disease
http://www.mdedge.com/jfponline/article/83345/cardiology/way-reverse-cad
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1973470

2) Dr. Kim Williams is working on outdated data, such as the 7-countries study from the 1950s and the studies funded by coca cola (which you have failed to acknowledged).

Come on, he's not the president of the American College of Cardiology just because he has a coca cola backed study pinned on his wall.

Dr. Salim Yusuf, president of the world heart federation, recently discussed the largest epidemiological study ever and heart disease:
Monosaturated fats protect against heart disease, legumes (beans) protect against heart disease, but saturated fats, fruits, and vegetables are neutral. They neither protect nor harm. Further, when carbohydrate consumption goes above 40% of total calories, the rate of heart disease goes up. That's possibly because most people on high-carb diets are actually on high-sugar diets.

epidemiology is not the best way to do heart health research, everyone has a different baseline cholesterol levels.
dietary saturated fat and cholesterol raises serum cholesterol, and cholesterol is the only necessary risk factor to develop plaque in the arteries.
this is mainstream science.

3) Asians are getting fatter now that they've added both meat and sugar to their diets. You absolutely cannot simply say that it's the meat and not the sugar, it's not at all obvious which is contributing how much. Further, as above, I acknowledge that processed meat is sh*t.
white rice is not that different from sugar, so i put my money on the burgers.

I think a high-starch diet is fine for a healthy person, there are many groups that have done well historically on a high-starch diet. However, if someone already has low insulin resistance, and they want to lose weight, then they will need to cut carbs (and animal proteins) for a while, until they're healed. Then they can reintroduce starch.
I myself have dropped from 240 lbs to 170 lbs in two years. I am now buying bread again (in moderation), I think my body can handle it. However, when I was heavier, bread just made me hungrier. Once you have insulin resistance, then starches are bad because the body loses the ability to process carbs normally.
eat what the countries with the lowest diabetes are eating, corn and yams are the staple food in Benin for example,
you don't gain fat on a low fat diet, that's why all the fruitarians and the vegans are thin and has the lowest diabetes.

5) The US obesity epidemic coincides with a decline in animal fat consumption. Butter, bacon, egg yolks went out; fruit juice, whole grains, skim milk, low-fat yogurt came in, and people got fatter.
correlation =/= causation, also i will never believe that americans are eating less meat, it's the contrary, animal agriculture made it very cheap.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
whatever, just stop dismissing world renowned researchers just because they're telling you you're wrong. (the majority of them actually)
You are also dismissing world-renowned researchers, from Yusuf to Ludwig. Most particularly, you are dismissing the ones using more recent data, and more sophisticated analyses. Nutritional agencies around the world are removing saturated fat and cholesterol from their list of dietary guidelines.

From Ramsden (2016):
Available evidence from randomized controlled trials shows that replacement of saturated fat with linoleic acid effectively lowers serum cholesterol but does not support the hypothesis that this translates to a lower risk of death from coronary heart disease or all causes

As I said and acknowledged, a lot of the data from 1950-2000 or so largely supported the low-fat pro-vegan ideology, which was largely due to the 7-countries study. This has reversed in the past 15 years with more sophisticated analyses that distinguish between different kinds of fats, different kinds of carbs, and larger epidemiological and cohort studies. You're dismissing of epidemiological studies is unimpressive, as the bulk of your argument is based on epidemiological studies.

Back in the 1990s, there was a "French paradox" that some might recall, researchers had no idea how it was that the French had a low BMI, a low rate of heart disease, and ate a ton of saturated fat. Now we know: there's nothing wrong with saturated fat. We also know that the French ate fewer added sugars.

what would you feed your mother who just got a heart attack ? egg yolks or broccoli ?
Whole free-range eggs with a side of broccoli on day A; a filet of wild-caught salmon with a side of asparagus on day B; grassfed beef brisket simmered in olive oil, garlic and herbs with a side of sweet potatoes on day 3; and so on.

there is a reason the vast majority of doctors around the world will recommend the greens and will tell her to stop animal products.
Because the majority of doctors were educated in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s and learned incorrect nutrition. However, those who have kept up with new research, or who are being educated now, would not usually advise against healthy animal products such as grassfed beef and wild-caught salmon.

i don't read about heart disease from meat/egg boards.
I don't know of anybody does this.

he's not running trillion dollar industries, the probability of him being full of sh*t is lower than the meat/dairy/egg boards.
so i'll take his word over theirs.
Coca cola is the largest player in the food industry, it dwarfs the meat/eggs boards. The research they fund says fats are bad.

epidemiology is not the best way to do heart health research, everyone has a different baseline cholesterol levels.

eat what the countries with the lowest diabetes are eating, corn and yams are the staple food in Benin for example,
you don't gain fat on a low fat diet, that's why all the fruitarians and the vegans are thin and has the lowest diabetes.

correlation =/= causation, also i will never believe that americans are eating less meat, it's the contrary, animal agriculture made it very cheap.
You are contradicting yourself, on the one hand you base your position on epidemiology, on the other hand you're saying that you're opposed to epidemiology.

Vegans are healthy because they're upper-middle class white people who don't smoke. It's no different from people on the paleo diet being equally or more healthy.

By the way the people of Benin are not healthy. They are ranked 177th in the world for life expectancy. The reason they might have low rates of heart disease is that they die young, prior to getting heart disease.

The 10 countries in the world with the highest life expectancy are Hong Kong, Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Singapore, Iceland, Spain, Australia, Israel, and Sweden. There's a lot of meat eaten in those countries.

white rice is not that different from sugar, so i put my money on the burgers.
Rice is different from sugar:
  • In rice, 10% of the calories are from fat and protein.
  • Also included are noticeable quantities of thiamin, niacin, folic acid, iron, managense, and selenium.
  • Further, the sugar in white rice is all glucose, there's no fructose. Fructose is a different chemical from glucose, it goes to the liver, which has no option but to turn it into fat, usually fat around the organs and the abdomen. That is totally different from glucose, which can be used as energy. Our ancestors ate very little fructose so it wasn't an issue for them, they also ate more fiber.

dietary saturated fat and cholesterol raises serum cholesterol, and cholesterol is the only necessary risk factor to develop plaque in the arteries.
this is mainstream science.
That was mainstream science in 1995.

HDL cholesterol, the good cholesterol, is increased by saturated fats.
LDL cholesterol is a composite variable. The "bad" kind is VLDL cholesterol, a subset of LDL cholesterol. Your body is more likely to make it when you eat fructose. This has been explained by Robert Lustig, one of the top researchers in the field.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually recently met a head of surgery at a major hospital. We were in the same cooking class a couple weeks ago. I asked him what he thought about cholesterol and he said it was a major screw up. He said back in the 1980s, he went over the data himself and saw that there was no demonstrated link between dietary cholesterol and heart disease. He was dismissed by his peers at the time, but he's happy to be vindicated now.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are also dismissing world-renowned researchers, from Yusuf to Ludwig. Most particularly, you are dismissing the ones using more recent data, and more sophisticated analyses. Nutritional agencies around the world are removing saturated fat and cholesterol from their list of dietary guidelines.
the Lipid hypothesis deniers are a minority.

From Ramsden (2016):
Available evidence from randomized controlled trials shows that replacement of saturated fat with linoleic acid effectively lowers serum cholesterol but does not support the hypothesis that this translates to a lower risk of death from coronary heart disease or all causes

well they didn't lower it enough, because we know that humans don't develope arteriosclerosis with LDL <70 mg/dl
and that with LDL > 75 it does.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
Optimal low-density lipoprotein is 50 to 70 mg/dl: lower is better and physiologically normal.
Abstract
The normal low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol range is 50 to 70 mg/dl for native hunter-gatherers, healthy human neonates, free-living primates, and other wild mammals (all of whom do not develop atherosclerosis). Randomized trial data suggest atherosclerosis progression and coronary heart disease events are minimized when LDL is lowered to <70 mg/dl. No major safety concerns have surfaced in studies that lowered LDL to this range of 50 to 70 mg/dl. The current guidelines setting the target LDL at 100 to 115 mg/dl may lead to substantial undertreatment in high-risk individuals.

*humans are primates, if you keep your LDL within primates levels you will not get CAD.

As I said and acknowledged, a lot of the data from 1950-2000 or so largely supported the low-fat pro-vegan ideology, which was largely due to the 7-countries study. This has reversed in the past 15 years with more sophisticated analyses that distinguish between different kinds of fats, different kinds of carbs, and larger epidemiological and cohort studies. You're dismissing of epidemiological studies is unimpressive, as the bulk of your argument is based on epidemiological studies.

LDL<70 = no CAD, that's all you need to know.
and i only dismiss epidemiolofical CAD studies for a good reason.

Back in the 1990s, there was a "French paradox" that some might recall, researchers had no idea how it was that the French had a low BMI, a low rate of heart disease, and ate a ton of saturated fat. Now we know: there's nothing wrong with saturated fat. We also know that the French ate fewer added sugars.

Because the majority of doctors were educated in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s and learned incorrect nutrition. However, those who have kept up with new research, or who are being educated now, would not usually advise against healthy animal products such as grassfed beef and wild-caught salmon.
LDL<70 = no CAD
dietary cholesterol raises serum cholesterol :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9006469

Coca cola is the largest player in the food industry, it dwarfs the meat/eggs boards. The research they fund says fats are bad.
meat/dairy/egg industries together might be the richest industry in the world.

You are contradicting yourself, on the one hand you base your position on epidemiology, on the other hand you're saying that you're opposed to epidemiology.
only on cholesterol intake and serum levels.
Vegans are healthy because they're upper-middle class white people who don't smoke. It's no different from people on the paleo diet being equally or more healthy.
i'm talking about BMI and diabetes

By the way the people of Benin are not healthy. They are ranked 177th in the world for life expectancy. The reason they might have low rates of heart disease is that they die young, prior to getting heart disease.
i was talking about diabetes, benin has the lowest diabetes in the world.

The 10 countries in the world with the highest life expectancy are Hong Kong, Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Singapore, Iceland, Spain, Australia, Israel, and Sweden. There's a lot of meat eaten in those countries.
life expectency is something else. you can die from infections despite having perfect arteries.

Rice is different from sugar:
  • In rice, 10% of the calories are from fat and protein.
  • Also included are noticeable quantities of thiamin, niacin, folic acid, iron, managense, and selenium.
  • Further, the sugar in white rice is all glucose, there's no fructose. Fructose is a different chemical from glucose, it goes to the liver, which has no option but to turn it into fat, usually fat around the organs and the abdomen. That is totally different from glucose, which can be used as energy. Our ancestors ate very little fructose so it wasn't an issue for them, they also ate more fiber.
i meant compared to meat.

HDL cholesterol, the good cholesterol, is increased by saturated fats.
LDL cholesterol is a composite variable. The "bad" kind is VLDL cholesterol, a subset of LDL cholesterol. Your body is more likely to make it when you eat fructose. This has been explained by Robert Lustig, one of the top researchers in the field.

dietary cholesterol raises serum LDL:
395 dietary experiments confirmes this

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
the Lipid hypothesis deniers are a minority.

well they didn't lower it enough, because we know that humans don't develope arteriosclerosis with LDL <70 mg/dl
and that with LDL > 75 it does.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
Optimal low-density lipoprotein is 50 to 70 mg/dl: lower is better and physiologically normal.
Abstract
The normal low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol range is 50 to 70 mg/dl for native hunter-gatherers, healthy human neonates, free-living primates, and other wild mammals (all of whom do not develop atherosclerosis). Randomized trial data suggest atherosclerosis progression and coronary heart disease events are minimized when LDL is lowered to <70 mg/dl. No major safety concerns have surfaced in studies that lowered LDL to this range of 50 to 70 mg/dl. The current guidelines setting the target LDL at 100 to 115 mg/dl may lead to substantial undertreatment in high-risk individuals.

*humans are primates, if you keep your LDL within primates levels you will not get CAD.

LDL<70 = no CAD, that's all you need to know.
and i only dismiss epidemiolofical CAD studies for a good reason.

LDL<70 = no CAD
dietary cholesterol raises serum cholesterol :

meat/dairy/egg industries together might be the richest industry in the world.

only on cholesterol intake and serum levels.

i'm talking about BMI and diabetes

i was talking about diabetes, benin has the lowest diabetes in the world.

life expectency is something else. you can die from infections despite having perfect arteries.

i meant compared to meat.

dietary cholesterol raises serum LDL:
395 dietary experiments confirmes this

I've already explained to you that low density lipoprotein (LDL) is a composite variable. It's made up of many subvariables. The harmful subcomponent is VLDL, what saturated fat raises are the other LDLs, some of which do very useful things in the body such as protecting eyesight.

And no, the egg industries are not larger than coca cola lol.

The people of Benin are overall extremely unhealthy. Their low obesity is largely due to their GDP per capita being lower than what some Americans spend on food in a week. They are not a good example.

mikes23

Reaction score
I've been eating a somewhat keto diet. I have a little more carbs then someone who just wants to eat for a healthy life style due to all the training I do. but my hair has been about the same and I've been off finasteride for about 6 months now. though I most likely will return to finasteride. but at least I can conclude the high fat diet has not speed up any hair loss.