NuHair DHT work or not?

hyl

Reaction score
I know Nuhair DHT is not FDA approved to treat hair loss. I have also read a few posts saying they don't work. But has anyone out there tried this stuff? Since the root cause of hair loss is DHT, Nuhair DHT inhibitor should at least help. No?

G

hyl said:
I know Nuhair DHT is not FDA approved to treat hair loss. I have also read a few posts saying they don't work. But has anyone out there tried this stuff? Since the root cause of hair loss is DHT, Nuhair DHT inhibitor should at least help. No?

Unlikely to help, I believe it is based around the notion that saw palmetto is a DHT inhibitor, this unfortunately does not translate well to what otherwise would be the logical conclusion, which is hair re-growth.

There are some article on saw palmetto on the main HairLossTalk.com page, this explains the problems with a product like NuHair more clearly.

Why not use a known and proven DHT inhibitor (sorry Bryan 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor) like finasteride or a topical like spironolactone?

blockhead

Reaction score
I use the Nuhair topical. It has many of the ingrediants that fight hairloss. You can get two bottles for 15 dollars from cvs.com. I mix it with my minoxidil. Not sure if it helps, but it couldn't hurt. I'm starting to see some regrowth after 4 months.