Now ive quit finasteride i can see it was actually working :(

Mens Rea

Reaction score
yeah. i wasnt sure if it had been working or not but ive been off it a week or so and im pretty sure my hairline has worsened since?

i decided the risk of sides wasnt my thing so im beginning a new non-finasteride regime. Pity though as it was doing some good

Ah well, im hoping thats a sign im a responder and may also be for other stuff

just thought id share :D

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
The risk of sides? So your not getting any sides but you think you might in the future, so you stop...strange logic. I have a feeling you'll regret this decision but good luck to you.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Skaff said:
The risk of sides? So your not getting any sides but you think you might in the future, so you stop...strange logic. I have a feeling you'll regret this decision but good luck to you.

didnt want to risk my fertility. i got a lil ball ache just but didnt want to take any risks. id regret taking it and become impotent for the sake of my hair rather than lossing my hair and being fine. i know its a calculated risk but i decided i no longer wanted to be part of it

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Finasteride does not have such an immediate impact if you stop it.

im not saying my hairs just shedded like a mofo but me being quite a*** about it, im pretty sure its deteriorated a little since ive stopped

Cassin

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Cassin said:

im not saying my hairs just shedded like a mofo but me being quite a*** about it, im pretty sure its deteriorated a little since ive stopped

I totally believe your situation is worse off but in my opinion it is not because you stopped finasteride a week ago.

beaner

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Colin297 said:
Cassin said:

I totally believe your situation is worse off but in my opinion it is not because you stopped finasteride a week ago.

Agreed, DHT levels aren't even back to baseline in a week. BTW there is absolutely no evidence that finasteride harm your fertility. Quitting the drug based on unreasonable fears of what might happen, and probably won't happen is silly. Get back on the finasteride man, and save your hair.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, where is the evidence that people have gone impotent from propecia? There will always be the odd person who happens to be on finasteride and goes impotent, but just ask yourself how many men go impotent anyway? It's a lot, and they don't all pop Propecia pills....

Cassin

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
evidence ? welll what kind of evidence do u need exactly guys? it to happen to you first? bit late then?

http://www.propeciahelp.com/ - full of guys who've had bad experiences

A few things about that site

We have no proof any of them were taking legit propecia.

How many were under a doctors supervision?

How many were having a placebo effect?

On and on.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
i understand your skepticism but you should also understand mine

you're giving propecia a MASSIVE benefit of the doubt here.

I guess its a calculated risk but alot of people believe what they want to believe with things like that.

You have to admit the desire to successfully stop your male pattern baldness could certainly blur one's objectivity on considering things fully, esp with the distint lack of knowledge of this drug.

Cassin

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
i understand your skepticism but you should also understand mine

I totally understand and respect your point of view. I am just trying to show both sides.

Colin297 said:
you're giving propecia a MASSIVE benefit of the doubt here.

No I am not. I have seen many many studies.

Colin297 said:
I guess its a calculated risk but alot of people believe what they want to believe with things like that.

Yes very true.

Also, the risk drastically diminishes when you see a doctor for your finasteride and purchase from a legit pharmacy and not some website.

Colin297 said:
You have to admit the desire to successfully stop your male pattern baldness could certainly blur one's objectivity on considering things fully, esp with the distint lack of knowledge of this drug.

I completely agree.

I despise it when I see posts such as "I have been taking finasteride for 1 month...how long does it take to work?"

How somebody could take a presciprion drug without doing tons of research is beyond me.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
^ im glad we agree

We both clearly did our research and simply came to different conclusions perhaps by attaching different weightings to certain factors. Either way thats fine by me, i totally respect someone making a conscious decision with their head (not just heart).

Ill also point out, i bought finasteride online and not through prescription. My doctor knew FA about finasteride but prescribed me it but it costs like 70 pounds sterling a month (crazy). Also i think continous doctor checkups is alot of bother for potentially limited benefit. Again you mightnt have any qualms with this and under the right conditions (ie- prescription and checkups) i guess you're being rather screwd about it.

Of course many dont do that and later regret playing around with things they didnt really research

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have fathered two boys while taking finasteride, and I have never had impotence either.

bubka

Reaction score
there is no evidents that finasteride causes infertility, and no chance in hell a week of finasteride you had major changes in the hairline... that website is a load of crap too

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Colin,

it sounds like you are at peace with your decision. You have made your point about why you decided to stop. Why are you going on and on? You posts are becoming scare mongering rather than anything useful.

It sounds to me like you have completely psyched yourself out. I understand that you want to have kids. I agree thats more important than hair. So good on you for doing what you think will help that.

I started propecia by going to the doctor. I took it under his guidance. I didnt think about sides, I just popped the pill. He may have mentioned something about 2% get sides, but I didnt even listen. I had never read any forums about it, just took it like any medicine i get from the Doctor. And you know what, no sides, concieved a healthy child after 5 years on finasteride without problem, continue to take finasteride, me and the wife thinking about having baby number 2 this year...oh yeah, and I have pretty much maintained my hair that whole time.

you need to make a decision and stick to it. otherwise it will do your head in thinking about it.

by the way, you can get propeica from boots for 90 squid for 3 months supply. thats not bad and you know its legit.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
klink said:
FWIW, I have fathered two boys while taking finasteride, and I have never had impotence either.

funny if in 40 years they have the nicest heads of hair hollywood has ever seen :lol: