Now Foods supp - MSM & glucosamine. Any good?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
MSM according to my Doctor, who is an anti-aging board member, claims MSM is the best thing you can put in your body. Even if you don't get one new hair on your head, MSM is vital component to your health. I take 1500 mg a day, 120 capsules, 11 dollars at grocery store. My Doctor takes something called EMer'Gen-C Lite w/ MSM, any vitamin shop will have it. Your MSM and vitamin C intake should be identical to make MSM work properly. I would recommend 500-1500mg of both daily.

Glucosamine from what I know is a compound that helps rebuild cartilage for joint arthritis. It's effectiveness for hair? No idea.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to use MSM... powder form.

Tastes like crap (it is sulfur) and gave me bad gas. But when I did use it my hair was at its best and my knees (joints) felt better. Also from what I read about it you need vitamin C with it to get the full benefits.

I would take 2 tbsp of the powder and a 500 mg vitamin C pill.

Thinking about it ... maybe I'll take it back up again .... they have a ton of newer supplements out then they did 1.5yrs ago when i started all this hairloss crap. I saw they have a bunch of MSM/Vit C combos you can buy now and some in liquid form.