November is the worst shed month. Any comments?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Well?

I've read numerous articles proclaiming November to the be the worst month of shedding for humans. Has anyone experienced profound shedding during this month. For me, the worst shed I've had in my life was probably in September. I live in Las Vegas, and the weather turns cold in September. (Seriously, it actually gets freezing in Las Vegas.)

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree. I experience shedding of all types hair during Nov-Dec. Terminal shedding for the most part. I know it's coming back, but it doesn't help the cause! Increased hair loss in thick, dark hair. Can't visually see if it's from micronizing.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
No, i think this makes no sense. It depends on your (local) seasons. I have the most shedding in the summer!

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I've read numerous articles proclaiming November to the be the worst month of shedding for humans.

That's only for people in the northern hemisphere. As the weather gets colder shedding gets worse. Hair grows fastest during summer.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It used to be september-october for me.

Since I´m on finasteride, it is no more. I shed a lot in May, now.

Curious.

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
usually during winter my scalp becomes very dry and I tend to shed more. Come summer I go back to normal shedding.
But shedding through out the year :(

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
When thinking about shedding, wouldn`t it be more likely that people shed more when temperature rises. And grow more hair when wheather gets colder?

But since all people have central heating and/or air conditioning the seasons propably dont have such an effect anymore.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Aplunk1 said:
I've read numerous articles proclaiming November to the be the worst month of shedding for humans.

That's only for people in the northern hemisphere. As the weather gets colder shedding gets worse. Hair grows fastest during summer.

How does that make sense? Animals all shed in spring so they have less hair for the hot months. I'm very curious to hear an explanation as to why people supposedly lose hair just when it's the time of year they could most use it.

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i shed far worse in late october and november its also when i start to try new hair loss treatments because my hairloss (shedding) gets to be mind boggling during these months no idea why.

joe32

Established Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Aplunk1 said:

..in my opinion thats opposite of the truth ..very interesteing topic..
A fact of evolution is that hair will grow in the colder months to keep our blood temperature stable as with many animals -which we are in fact just intelligent mammals -in the summer it makes sense to shed more just like dogs do to keep hemselves cool ...when did this become a junkie forum ? but who knows maybe its true with the way us humans are destroying the earth maybe evolution is spinning us backwards..maybe someone can prove me wrong by being technically specific.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
How can i prevent summer shedding? I do shedd in the summer very much.q

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah i noticed i shed more just before and throughout the summer months, so opposite to the theory!

scaramouche

Reaction score
i've been shedding more hair than ever. i don't know if it's november or some highger being playing a cruel trick. but, to answer your initial question, i'm going through the same thing.

r1989

Reaction score
lol well I guess I'm the opposite from the majority. Since October my hair loss has decreased and only seems to be getting better.

Though of course now I probably jinxed it and I'm gonna start losing 500 strands a day.