Novel Topical Booster Enhances Follicular Sulfotransferase Activity In Patients With Androgenetic Alopecia

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
They used liposomal encapsulated sodium bicarbonate to increase sulfotransferase activity in the scalp and improve minoxidil efficacy.

This study demonstrates the ability of a topical booster to increase the activity of SULT1A1 in the ORS of the hair follicle. Increasing the activity of SULT1A1 can improve the efficacy of topical and low dose oral minoxidil for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia. If proven in clinical trial, the booster could present great clinical importance to patients with Androgenetic Alopecia, converting minoxidil non-responders to responders.

Full text: https://www.docdroid.net/u8eCec5/

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard recently that there is already a company who is almost ready to get on the market a solution or a shampoo or something that increases the sulfate but i can't remember where i have read it....

It would be great because only 40% respond to it properly, i'm one of the ones who didn't respond well to it and it actually made things worse so what can i say, finger crossed, keep hearing it lately let's hope it actually comes something out of it...

Last edited:

Switzer

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard recently that there is already a company who is almost ready to get on the market a solution or a shampoo or something that increases the sulfate but i can't remember where i have read it....

It would be great because only 40% respond to it properly, i'm one of the ones who didn't respond well to it and it actually made things worse so what can i say, finger crossed, keep hearing it lately let's hope it actually comes something out of it...

Yes, the company is Applied Biology and they also co-authored this study.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, the company is Applied Biology and they also co-authored this study.

Ohh understood, all tho i'm almost sure that it was another company but i may be wrong, i will try to search when i have time and if i find something else i will post it here also...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, if it really is that simple, I don't see why you couldn't just make this at home. Throw some sodium bicarbonate and soy lecithin into a ultrasonic cleaner and ... voila?